Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Proud to be part of such an amazing talented team at generic office!! Motivated to do things on the computer and everyone’s title is analyst or project manager . Working hard thank you!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
I just congratulated you on 5 years at *insert unfulfilling company name*

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

quote:

Hello my name is Jinyang and we sell bicycle bell for children bike but we also sell N95 mask I would like to connect with you. Do you have interest in N95 mask?

...I told him no even though yes I do have an interest...

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

guitartorch posted:

Proud to be part of such an amazing talented team at generic office!! Motivated to do things on the computer and everyone’s title is analyst or project manager . Working hard thank you!!!!!

Same

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

French Canadian posted:

I just congratulated you on 5 years at *insert unfulfilling company name*

This

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Buy Linkdin Premium to slide in to DMs

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
[quote="The_Continental" post="504197307"]
Buy Linkdin Premium to slide in to DMs
[/quot

Don’t forget to cancel after the free trial

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Looking at a random hottie's profile; the "People Also Viewed" section consists entirely of other random hotties with no relation to the person in the profile.

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Deep learning insights

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
I'm the racist post floating down your feed, just waiting for career killing misclick to like me.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
*buys Premium when the post-stand up suicidal ideation becomes a daily occurrence*

*gets new job*

*uninstalls*

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

olives black posted:

*buys Premium when the post-stand up suicidal ideation becomes a daily occurrence*

*gets new job*

*uninstalls*

I’m sure you’re not so bad a comedian Mate

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Hey {First Name}-

I was really impressed by your profile and experience on your LinkedIn profile. Wow!

I'm recruiting for an exciting new startup {Company Name} that is looking for highly motivated, high performers just like you, {First Name}.

I will send you a meeting invite {next week} to discuss this opportunity. Thanks!!!!!!

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

sticksy posted:

Hey {First Name}-

I was really impressed by your profile and experience on your LinkedIn profile. Wow!

I'm recruiting for an exciting new startup {Company Name} that is looking for highly motivated, high performers just like you, {First Name}.

I will send you a meeting invite {next week} to discuss this opportunity. Thanks!!!!!!

half of them don't even tell you the company name. almost like they're afraid that you'll look them up and find out that they're a shitshow

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Woke up to 34 notifications from linkedin today!

Not one of them matters.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
Ahh, linked-in, the platform where QA testers get job offers from random people in new york to develop pacemaker control software in node.js and senior software engineers get offered worse jobs than the one they have every other day. ask me about my 500 inmails.

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
Well deserved!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Spam machine

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

An Actual LinkedIn Message I Received just Today posted:

I was really impressed by your profile and work on LinkedIn and I surround myself with doers and decision-makers. I have a powerful network and I am a multi-business owner fighting for the success of the US business. I would love to connect if there is ever an opportunity we can help each other.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

Ahh, linked-in, the platform where QA testers get job offers from random people in new york to develop pacemaker control software in node.js and senior software engineers get offered worse jobs than the one they have every other day. ask me about my 500 inmails.

Yes, how can I get a job. thx in advance

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
3 people have looked at your profile in the last week! This is very likely to be someone looking to hire you for a much sought after and highly lucrative position perfect to your skillsets. Sign up to LinkedIn Premium to see who it is!

It's a bot, a russian scammer pretending to be a pretty girl and your nosy coworker Joe.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
You have 21 new notifications!

Literally 20 'Sponsored' messages and a note that co-worker Joe, who likes to pretend he's well read, shared a post he found on the internet, "Studies show working more efficiently leads to better results."

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
My previous boss’s husband would look me up like every week, I blocked him :(

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
https://twitter.com/stateoflinkedin

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Making people's lives amazing EVERY SINGLE DAY - best team ever #hrlife #perks #wheninrome #justgettingstarted

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i disabled my linkedin account and my life improved a lot afterwards

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
My favorite part of linked in is how they would spam the poo poo out of everyone in your email list if you gave it the option to look at your email to “find contacts already signed up!” Which would just hound every person in your email history nonstop to make a linked in account. Oh, and the site had a bad history of being hacked. How the hell did such a garbage site get so popular?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hey [name]! Our client has a 6 month contract performing the most basic entry level task in your field. We think your fifteen years of experience makes you a perfect match!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I hope your well.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
I like it, it's facebook without the pretence of being at all enjoyable or good.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
*18 hours before my birthday*

**200 happy birthday wishes from people in India I've never met but accepted connection requests from 10+ years ago**

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I friended a bunch of designers and engineers in India and Saudi Arabia and they all padded my profile with a bunch of recommendations and skills qualifications and I did the same for them.

Now, I get tons private messages from recruiters every week even though I'm dumb as poo poo.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

A company I used to work for is cross that on my LinkedIn it says I still work there and they keep emailing me telling me to change it but I just couldn’t give a gently caress about LinkedIn and refuse to go to the effort of remembering my password

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rad-daddio posted:

I friended a bunch of designers and engineers in India and Saudi Arabia and they all padded my profile with a bunch of recommendations and skills qualifications and I did the same for them.

Now, I get tons private messages from recruiters every week even though I'm dumb as poo poo.

Hm how do I do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
You don't quit a job, you quit a boss

<posted by someone who is, in fact, a poo poo boss>