Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

haha you should see the bus lpg conversions. hoooo boy some can be quite interesting. Just vent the fucker and since propane gas is heavier than air, so make sure it has a way to vent out and not fill a cavity or your boat.
I grew up around the stuff and it doesn't bother me. It's like any other energy source. Give it the respect it demands and it won't turn you into hamburger. Hell my dad would check for lpg/nat gas leaks with an open flame. (I use soap in a spray bottle)

Honestly I want to go the other way and convert this one from LPG to Diesel, the cost isn't in the cards yet. It's bad enough I spent more than the camper on the power grid, stove too? not yet. 2020 is long as gently caress though so we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

Amazing work man.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Thanks buddy. Let's keep on plowing through this disaster.

This is a Hehr 5900 series (5902iirc) window. They're symmetrical. Which means one of these is fixed, and the other is a slider. What if the pane that is cut wrong is just flipped to the side that slides? That should work as its sizing isn't as crucial.

Break it all down and flip the panes

And as you see, holy poo poo, it worked.

Transferred the latching mechanism to the mis-cut piece just fine.

That'll do for now. The glass will get bonded in when we're closer to reinstalling.

Epoxying the corner where the water and power inlets are. Some 1x2 sticks were cut to repair this area.

Sail panels built back up and epoxied:

It's only about 25mm/1inch of plywood then aluminum framing.

Scotchlock outlets thrown out. Added two under the cabinet.

The reason why they are there, is that so when he and I are working, our laptops can plug in on the inner side of the dinette letting us get in and out without tripping over cables.

Outlet under the kitchen cabinet replaced. Added a second one there for reasons.

Adding an outlet under the cabinet overhang now. The lovely fake wood skin started to come apart and feeuuuuuuck.

I'll just skin it over. Whatever it could use the extra strength anyway.

Power restored to the 12V curbside:

Counter lights:

These coupled with the overhead lights should cast no shadows when my goony self is leaning over the sink or stove.

And the dinette side:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

No USB-C PD for powering laptops? DC-DC that way.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

No USB-C PD for powering laptops? DC-DC that way.

That's actually a good question. I even went as far as re routing the original solar wiring into the dinette bunk for this project. However The efficiency of the inverter makes it not worth the hassle in short. It's 93% efficient at stepping 12V to 120. Because of this the inverter will pretty much always be running.
The only use case I can think of where the inverter would be shut down is for radio interference. And for that, the laptops would probably be stowed too.

Secondarily. My fabricobbled lenovo is indifferent of 12V or 120. It's the mulitfuel junker of laptops. His machine run on a ~200 something Watt 120V brick. His machine would need more current than usb-c is intended for, and the losses over dc would be fairly high for the stretch of cable.

«3 »