Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

Its 200lb with its support equipment, sits all the way at back, draws 2.5lb/h of propane at full chooch to generate 2500W of power.
The trucks engine, drinks ~1/2 gal at 1000rpm and with a different alternator, can easily generate 2500W of power. (To maximize battery life, 0.5C is ideal, with 3 batteries that works out to 2000W). This is to charge batteries, not really run appliances.
Though with solar it shouldn't come to that, it's there if needed.

I had this same conversation with my FIL about a month ago. They are full time on the road in a big trailer with solar/battery bank/generator and camp off-grid for several months every year. They had several cloudy days and then the generator crapped out and he ended up making two 50 mile each way part runs to fix it. He asked me about getting a small Honda (I think he said 1000w) generator for an emergency backup.

Me: Doesn't your truck have a heavy duty charging system?

Him: Yeah I think so let me check

Ford: Equipped with extreme duty dual alternator package, max 4500w :staredog:

Us: Yeah should probably figure out how to plug into the truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

You know in BTTF3 when they're on the train and the yellow log explodes, and the resulting acceleration knocks Clara backwards into the wood hopper? She sits up and with a shell-shocked expression just says "Goll-y!"

That's how I feel reading updates on this thread.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Powershift posted:

IMO your graphics need the camper in them, with the graphics on the camper in the graphics.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Maker, mover, and shaker space