Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Games Done Quick is having an unexpected quarantine event that is going on RIGHT NOW.

(Well ok, it was announced in March, but the whole country was a little distracted at the time by things).

Schedule:
https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

More the size and style of Classic Games Done Quick, which they quietly re-ran this year alongside AGDQ for the 10th anniversary if you missed it! It may not be full blown GDQ but the twitch chat is no less crowded!

https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

Oh my god, this is legit... same GDQ dashboard as always, and they're playing some sick music during breaks, Magus's castle music right now, and now some Zelda 64, and now some Giardia castle dungeon, and now Magus's theme, and now the boss theme....

You all are sleeping on this!

Tell me what I should edit into the OP if you've done this before, or if there's already another thread just link it for us please

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I... I swear I don't see a thread for this?

Games Done Quick is having an unexpected quarantine event that is going on RIGHT NOW.

(It was announced in March, but the whole country was a little distracted at the time by things).

Schedule:
https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

It may not be full blown GDQ (more the size of classic games done quick, which they quietly ran this year for the 10th anniversary), but the twitch chat is no less crowded!

https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

Oh my god, this is legit... same GDQ dashboard as always, and they're playing some sick music during breaks, Magus's castle music right now, and now some Zelda 64, and now some Giardia castle dungeon, and now Magus's theme, and now the boss theme....

You all are sleeping on this!

Tell me what I should edit into the OP if you've done this before, or if there's already another thread just link it for us please

hey i already made a thread!!!

but yours is much better than mine

doom eternal at 8pm today is gonna be nuts

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
also i thought my BATS tag was some good gallows humor

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
oh shiiit what's up abfs

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 run starting now!

edit: Oh it's Game Gear

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Apr 18, 2020

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
lol you can't spindash in this sonic, and the emeralds are things that you just PICK UP

props for your sacrifice, a true covid hero

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
oh poo poo this is the ms/game gear version

god i remember that antlion boss was a loving nightmare

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Apr 18, 2020

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
The charity is Direct Relief, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization with a stated mission to “improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergency situations by mobilizing and providing essential medical resources needed for their care."

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
masterful audio quality

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
How long before anyone else notices this event lol

I'm gonna go to bed abfs, do you think B+R can handle a thread about this before the schedule runs out? That's all you if you want

Can't believe no one marked this down in their calendar!

\/\/ 2fast!!! looks like we got a speedrunner here

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Dumb Lowtax posted:

How long before anyone else notices this event lol

I'm gonna go to bed abfs, do you think B+R can handle a thread about this before the schedule runs out? That's all you if you want

already made one, go post in it

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
This runner was pretty good, lots of energy with no crowd. Unlike the previous one he has a guest to talk to which is crucial

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
"hardest part of the run"

boss does nothing but jump up and down while runner quick-kills

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Castlevania block incoming

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
i'll say the lag time between games is a bit awkward, especially with some of the runs being rather short

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
jesus nes castlevania is hard

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
lmao both got killed on drac

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
welp wolf is gonna need a miracle to catchup now

4Coronas
Mar 23, 2020
GDQ is the only time I use Twitch. Comfy stream

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
rip strem

e: lmao, sakura just said windows update bricked the stream

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Apr 18, 2020

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

There was, in fact, already a thread before this or stink's thread were made: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920413 (not made by me, I figured it wasn't too worth making a thread for just a weekend marathon)

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
What the poo poo? They're streaming Pump It Up? I was impressed with the Guitar Hero stream from this past AGDQ, but what's the set up going to be for arrow stomping? Tell me they have someone with a modded cabinet and camera setup. :v:

Edit: So, it's happyf333tz. He's got a pretty sweet set up. I should check him out later.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 18, 2020

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I guess at this point the threads should stay open until more people discover the event. No harm in having a few sub-one-page threads while they're still obscure

Right now they're on Deus Ex, which I've never played, but the twitch chat seems happy. Runner is explaining tricks well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Doom block starting now. Doom Eternal is the bonus game, so if you want it, better donate fast! They're at 36k of the needed 50k.

How is the estimate for such a new game just 37 minutes? What have they done to break this long (strangely story-based) game over their knee already?

Right now it's Final Doom Plutonia on NIGHTMARE mode, which is supposed to be a pretty insane thing

edit: Oh my god, he needs rockets just for the basic human zombiemen. Enemies and projectiles go twice as fast

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 19, 2020