Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020
Hey all new account just introducing myself. 34 year old male from Western Australia, wife, one son and the animals that come with that. Work fly in fly out (FIFO) as an underground miner. Just your typical Aussie bogan really. Enjoy gaming,cars, watching sports, eating too much.

Heard about the forums years ago and was too much of a scrooge to pay the 10 bucks, another regret to add to the list. Anyway here now and hoping to be for a long time if one of my random posts don't get me banned.

Once again hi to all and see you around on the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Hell, how's it going?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Welcome to GBS

What are you especially hoping to read here?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Hello.

There is a dedicated thread for your fellow countrypersons to call eachothers cunts and drink too much

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Deacon91 posted:

Hey all new account just introducing myself. 34 year old male from Western Australia, wife, one son and the animals that come with that. Work fly in fly out (FIFO) as an underground miner. Just your typical Aussie bogan really. Enjoy gaming,cars, watching sports, eating too much.

Heard about the forums years ago and was too much of a scrooge to pay the 10 bucks, another regret to add to the list. Anyway here now and hoping to be for a long time if one of my random posts don't get me banned.

getting banned is half the fun!

whats a bogan

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

RepeatingMeme posted:

whats a bogan

A Bogan is like a gopnik

Whimsy
Jan 8, 2001
Welcome to the Something Awful™ forums!

Make sure you read the rules and check out the SAClopedia - there's a trove of SA and general Internet culture locked away in there!

Oh and while you're at it, let us in: how'd you find out about the forums, and what finally convinced you to join our quiet corner of the Internet?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Is that close to ne'er-do-well?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
dingos ate my balls

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lol dude

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

is this Brentdog's new account?

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Sorry, we're full

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Whoa! You're just like me. Except I'm a white collar computer toucher with no kids, I don't watch sports, and I'm not into cars or gaming.

Twinsies!

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Ozzies all "ey i'm wookin ere"

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
This guy seems like a right oval office I say we let him stick around provided he likes HAMBURGER HELPER and not TUNA HELPER

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Deacon91 posted:

Is this a serious post or are you sending me on one of those wild chases people do to apprentices, like go get the skyhooks, because reading the GBS forum rules it says

Low Content Posts: Please do not make posts containing no content (ie, "first post," "hello, I'm new here," etc.). These just litter up the forums and with over 100,000 registered users, we need to eliminate these as much as possible. Some forums are more flexible than others for this. Basically, ask yourself: does this enhance the discussion, like emptyquoting a funny post to show you appreciate it, or does it detract from discussion, like drive-by posting a stupid catchphrase?

There is nothing about me introducing myself that isn't going to fit into that category, I grew up being low content haha.

holy poo poo it's an actual, honest to god eve J4G in tyool 2020

that's amazing

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

y'all got those crazy huntsman spiders over there

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Lotta gimmick reregs lately

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

holy poo poo it's an actual, honest to god eve J4G in tyool 2020

Wait is it?

Hey OP, I've got a Titan pilot that's been sitting idle for years. Wanna buy it?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Deacon91 posted:

I've got family in law in Bunbury. Do you know them? Only like 15 people out their anyway. Do you have a pet wombat?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Who What Now posted:

Lotta gimmick reregs lately

its not a gimmick, its a rube

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

hey op if you wanna do really well here include a picture of goatse in all your posts.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

and don't forget to sign your posts.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

include all your personal information as well.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

OP hosed me.

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

RepeatingMeme posted:

whats a bogan

Bogan (/ˈboʊɡən/ BOHG-ən) is Australian and New Zealand slang for a person whose speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour are considered unrefined or unsophisticated.

Maybe akin to a redneck in America?

Whimsy posted:

Welcome to the Something Awful™ forums!

Make sure you read the rules and check out the SAClopedia - there's a trove of SA and general Internet culture locked away in there!

Oh and while you're at it, let us in: how'd you find out about the forums, and what finally convinced you to join our quiet corner of the Internet?

As I said I heard about the forums years ago, it was actually through a mate who I've lost contact with not even sure if he was a member or not. I would actually remember every little while and come back to check it out then scrooge out of the 10 buck entry fee each time.

Spinz posted:

Welcome to GBS

What are you especially hoping to read here?

I'm here for anything and everything love to read random stuff learn a fact here and there read about and chat about games I'm interested in. Have a laugh and on a slight more serious note the weight loss forums and the community that's there hopefully get some positive reinforcement and possibly help others on my journey to no longer be obese. Just these few reasons seem like $10 well worth it why I couldn't see that before i'm not sure maybe I'm in a better head space now.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

i held the camera

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
OP, buy platinum so I can pm you.

Edit: when doing FIFO stuff at the moment do you need extra paperwork or anything to be allowed to cross regions? I've got an actual need to travel outside Perth Metro and have no idea what I need to bring in order to be allowed through.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Hey OP FYAD is a great place to post

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
give me plex op its the next step in your journey

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
I want this to be honest and real and innocent. Can you please spell out your forum name in wombats or dead kangas?

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

Derpies posted:

I've got family in law in Bunbury. Do you know them? Only like 15 people out their anyway. Do you have a pet wombat?

That's about 7 more then in my lovely wheat belt town.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

gently caress off we're full!!

oh geez i'm sorry, i thought that was a common greeting to immigrants in your country. we're nice here, really

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
have you ever buried beer at Bathurst

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Deacon91 posted:

That's about 7 more then in my lovely wheat belt town.

Northampton?

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

VikingSkull posted:

give me plex op its the next step in your journey

Haven't Re subbed, still undecided, was giving it serious consideration though at the start of last week.

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

yoloer420 posted:

Northampton?

Northam

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Deacon91 posted:

Haven't Re subbed, still undecided, was giving it serious consideration though at the start of last week.

you should totally do it, goonfleet needs good pilots

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

this is Brenguin's new account. Hey Brentdog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deacon91
Apr 18, 2020

VikingSkull posted:

you should totally do it, goonfleet needs good pilots

Well they wouldn't be getting one in me, I have a lot of SP but it doesn't matter if I have no skill.

My Shoes posted:

this is Brenguin's new account. Hey Brentdog.

Can you give me a rundown on the escapades of Brenguin so I can decide if it would be a good idea to impersonate him or not?