Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Crescent Wrench posted:

Wanna read Jordan's poem.

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1262215861110104070

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I changed my mind. I don't want Twitter Jordan, I want online poker Jordan

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

abelwingnut posted:

that at least brought baseball back, so i guess i will watch. but that whole competition was dumb as hell.

I was a kid in grade school at the time and it was the hypest poo poo on the loving planet for us, we made a bunch of baseball cutouts and taped them up all around the room throughout the whole race; it was awesome

edit: I don't think I will ever have a period of sports I enjoyed more than that. Prime Brett Favre and back-to-back Super Bowl runs, the Jordan Bulls, the dominant Red Wings, and the goddamn Attitude Era in the WWF with Stone Cold Steve Austin, that was a charmed life I was leading as a kid who loved all of those things

second edit: I forgot some VERY good Wolverines football teams too, gently caress, I used up 90% of my sports fan luck before I was a teenager

surf rock fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 18, 2020

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/rodger/status/1262217408489484288

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Hell yeah D'Wayne Bates represent

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

surf rock posted:

I was a kid in grade school at the time and it was the hypest poo poo on the loving planet for us, we made a bunch of baseball cutouts and taped them up all around the room throughout the whole race; it was awesome

edit: I don't think I will ever have a period of sports I enjoyed more than that. Prime Brett Favre and back-to-back Super Bowl runs, the Jordan Bulls, the dominant Red Wings, and the goddamn Attitude Era in the WWF with Stone Cold Steve Austin, that was a charmed life I was leading as a kid who loved all of those things

second edit: I forgot some VERY good Wolverines football teams too, gently caress, I used up 90% of my sports fan luck before I was a teenager

Late-'90s Michigan sports kids had:

- Red Wings winning in 1997, 1998, and 2002, with Yzerman, Fedorov, Shanahan, Lidstrom, Hasek, Russian Five
- Barry Sanders on the Lions, Lions making the playoffs
- Brett Favre on the Packers, two Super Bowls with one win
- Michael Jordan's Bulls
- Grant Hill on the Pistons
- Sosa and McGwire coming to Detroit in 1998 and 1999 respectively, and taking batting practice at Tiger Stadium
- Michigan football winning a national title in 1997, with Charles Woodson, Tom Brady, Anthony Thomas, lots of guys
- Michigan hockey winning national titles in 1996 and 1998
- Michigan State basketball winning a national title in 2000
- the Detroit Vipers winning in 1997 too

Just absolutely stacked years, in every way.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Could use another episode where Jordan just tells stories about real or imagined slights that caused him to absolutely crush some team the next game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

antonio davis was good on the bulls, it turns out you can't get washed up if your job is to rebound and elbow the poo poo out of people. i've made my peace with antonio davis.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

abelwingnut posted:

. but that whole competition was dumb as hell.

nah it ruled

I think next week they have a Lance Armstrong doc that could be really good.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 18, 2020

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hell yeah, keep the documentaries coming about dudes who had the courage to roid up and own chumps

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/NifMuhammad/status/1262233981300486144?s=20

Loved Bob Costas saying "Rodman's tired freakshow continues off the court." He's always been so histrionic.

Sad we did not get 21 feet of poo poo or any mention of Wizards Jordan. If they really wanted to say gently caress you to Krause they should've mentioned him trading Elton Brand to build a team around two 18-year-old big men.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Henchman of Santa posted:

Sad we did not get 21 feet of poo poo or any mention of Wizards Jordan.

am sad to report this experiment has been a failure

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

AsInHowe posted:

Late-'90s Michigan sports kids had:

- Barry Sanders on the Lions, Lions making the playoffs
- Michael Jordan's Bulls
- Grant Hill on the Pistons

Just absolutely stacked years, in every way.

lol at claiming the Bulls/Pistons and 2 NFL teams. If I ever start getting retroactively pumped about Spurs titles or currently non-existent Texans Super Bowl wins, pls ban my account. the bigger lol is anyone caring about how anyone else enjoys sports, so really joke is on me

BWV posted:

215 countries, who can believe there are so many?

This documentary is already out of date. With China dropping the NBA it's back to 214.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 18, 2020

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Spacebump posted:

lol at claiming the Bulls/Pistons and 2 NFL teams. If I ever start getting retroactively pumped about Spurs titles or currently non-existent Texans Super Bowl wins, pls ban my account. the bigger lol is anyone caring about how anyone else enjoys sports, so really joke is on me

This documentary is already out of date. With China dropping the NBA it's back to 214.

Not claiming all of those as mine, obviously! But everyone's rooting interests had great things then.

And now, please enjoy the true ending to The Last Dance.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TriumphICDHQ/status/1262243390936231936

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Brolander posted:

SEGUE INTO JAY WILLIAMS DOC

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

^ Most of us had to watch one of those in Drivers Ed during high school.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

How is this a thing Michigan kids had? A guy from Mississippi who kicked the Lions’ rear end on their most hated rival team every year? Yoopers don’t count.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

surf rock posted:

How the gently caress do you get to root for the red wings, packers and bulls

I've heard of ridiculous 2 city rooters but never 3 come on. Everyone at my school by the state line was a packers/bulls fan (odd, never the bucks...weird...) but you take the cake

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Only way it would be better is if he was also a Cardinals fan.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

How the gently caress do you get to root for the red wings, packers and bulls

I've heard of ridiculous 2 city rooters but never 3 come on. Everyone at my school by the state line was a packers/bulls fan (odd, never the bucks...weird...) but you take the cake

A lot of west Michigan is closer to Chicago than Detroit so there are fans of Chicago teams out there but most of the state’s Cheeseheads are in the UP, which is not far from Green Bay.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

R.D. Mangles posted:

hell yeah, keep the documentaries coming about dudes who had the courage to roid up and own chumps

LeBron is gonna get several docs

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I know there are so many other more obvious criticisms of the documentary but the single clip of them talking to his kids just rubbed it in that the directors really didn't give a poo poo about plowing new ground. Like how do you spend half the time discussing how important the father-son relationship was to MJ (to a point where he had a security guard step in after his dad died) and not ask the kids about their own relationship with their sociopath father? It's just small stuff like this that sort of annoyed me because I actually think there is enough cool content for 10 hours but not if you're planning on spending half of it interviewing 90s reporters about Jordan's competitiveness and drive.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Torn between whether the funniest interview they got was bringing in his kids for in the very last episode just to say "Utah fans are rude" or going through the trouble of booking Justin Timberlake just to be part of an extended Nike ad for like five seconds

Like maybe she didn't want to do it and I'm sure Jordan would have nixed it if she had but Juanita was married to him forever and by all accounts was extremely involved in managing his career and I'm not sure they even said her name?

MourningView fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 18, 2020

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MourningView posted:

Torn between whether the funniest interview they got was bringing in his kids for in the very last episode just to say "Utah fans are rude" or going through the trouble of booking Justin Timberlake just to be part of an extended Nike ad for like five seconds

The funniest get was Joe Mantegna in a landslide

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Henchman of Santa posted:

How is this a thing Michigan kids had? A guy from Mississippi who kicked the Lions’ rear end on their most hated rival team every year? Yoopers don’t count.

There are a lot of non-Lions football fans in the Detroit area, because the Lions are the Lions. Lots of Packers fans because of relatives in the U.P. or whatever.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It’s like my man Serengeti said.

“Bears, Hawks, Sox, Bulls.”

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
So when a crazy super fan wants to poison a pizza, what does he do? Takes out some raw chicken juice to top it with after cooking?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The MJ hagiography aspects of the doc just kinda come to the fore in the last two episodes. I thought it kinda needed Kerr's story to be earlier, as that's genuinely good stuff, but I imagine Hehir thought it would be boring to have everyone's origin story in the first half.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Panzeh posted:

The MJ hagiography aspects of the doc just kinda come to the fore in the last two episodes. I thought it kinda needed Kerr's story to be earlier, as that's genuinely good stuff, but I imagine Hehir thought it would be boring to have everyone's origin story in the first half.

Like with Gus in the same episode, he waits to introduce a lot of people until they're relevant to the narrative. It makes sense on some level but it's also just bad storytelling.

Hey here's this guy who meant a lot to Jordan, he had cancer, Jordan gave him a game ball. Moving on

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Lasagna Pilot posted:

So when a crazy super fan wants to poison a pizza, what does he do? Takes out some raw chicken juice to top it with after cooking?

Asked and answered.

BWV posted:

quote:

Silly Burrito posted:
stick a sausage in your rear end and hope for e coli.

AsInHowe posted:
Someone probably wiped their rear end with the pizza.

morestuff posted:
Butt pepperonis

So it is indeed more commonly known than I expected.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

morestuff posted:

Like with Gus in the same episode, he waits to introduce a lot of people until they're relevant to the narrative. It makes sense on some level but it's also just bad storytelling.

Hey here's this guy who meant a lot to Jordan, he had cancer, Jordan gave him a game ball. Moving on

It's funny, the stuff with MJ's bodyguards is the best stuff in the documentary, so much of the 10 hours are wasted with "look how good MJ is at basketball"

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Michael Jordan, known for putting all of his business out there, only really addressed the the business that is already out there?

Who could have seen this coming?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
My favorite part are all the interviews with Jason Hehir where he says "This isn't a puff piece, that would be against my journalistic integrity"

Also he said apparently Michael Jordan can tell when people are pregnant?

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Silly Burrito posted:

Asked and answered.

So it is indeed more commonly known than I expected.
[/quote]

I didn't realize sub-perceptual amounts of butt juice could do that much damage

Durant must have a great immune system.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Spite posted:

Also he said apparently Michael Jordan can tell when people are pregnant?

Jordan can sense when he has a new challenger

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Woofer posted:

Michael Jordan, known for putting all of his business out there, only really addressed the the business that is already out there?

Who could have seen this coming?

I don't know why you watch a documentary to only see the most obvious and facile stuff, though. I don't really feel like Hehir got a whole lot out of all the time put in, just some new Jordan gifs.

Spite posted:

My favorite part are all the interviews with Jason Hehir where he says "This isn't a puff piece, that would be against my journalistic integrity"

lol

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Lasagna Pilot posted:

for a serious answer that's not just shoving stuff up your butt (not that there's anything wrong with that, it's 2020 we all deserve buttplay), visine is supposedly odorless and tasteless, and in theory you could also dissolve laxative into the pizza sauce pretty easily

both of which are crazy dangerous; you could put someone in the hospital with that stuff

(i don't know why people insist on humoring michael jordan with his bullshit tainted pizza, either he had fluke food poisoning or he was hungover and either one is fine and adds to his legend perfectly well)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I like how five dudes showing up is somehow evidence that it was poisoned and not a completely expected reaction to the most famous person on the loving planet ordering a pizza from your store.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I know I posted the last set too but Roth's recaps are really good

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1262436139853590536?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I think WCW Nitro got more screen time than any of Jordan's spouses, children, or siblings.