Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm gonna boo Jerry Krause for 10 straight hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Watching the 2nd episode now and getting mad about Scottie's lovely contract. My memory of him was being awesome but I figured his stats weren't as great as my memory of him, then checked and from 90-98 he was 8th in ws/48 and 7th in WS. God drat he ruled

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
rodman is the coolest athlete of all time im so glad to see all this poo poo. i was really excited to see his hair in '96 when i went to my only game , i didnt even care about jordan/pippen at that time

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

there was a brooks brothers (i think?) ad painted on the side of a building on the Kennedy Expressway that had Rodman on it in black and white except they used to color his hair more or less keeping up with his current styles and it used to literally cause traffic jams.

please don't quote this post to throw in some own on the city of chicago, we didn't have smart phones yet

ok this is the first time i've seen this ad in 25 years, lmao at that goofy ryne sandberg caricature.

this rules almost as much as the toews pigface w/ stanley cup before they won the first title

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Bird in a Blender posted:

Most of these guys are capitalist to their bones, which is the reason they're rich in the first place. It's not about winning, it's about making as much money as possible, and you can sometimes make more money with a middle of the road team than a championship one.

hell, the owner who shared the same stadium (bill wirtz, blackhawks) said in the mid 90s "Don't you be thinking about winning any Stanley Cups. They're too expensive"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
only 3 teams having back to back titles before the bulls went apeshit blows my mind , i thought that was just a normal thing

what happened to BJ anyways?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
jesus christ poor kukoc, it's kind of amazing he has a 'no hard feelings' attitude (probably because his day to day life was just brutal for years)

lmao i didnt know the reebok logo thing, that was genius

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 4, 2020

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

jordan vowing to destroy the evil mastermind who was going to make him wear a Reebok sweat suit was the funniest thing in the documentary other than michael jordan's repeated denials of his gambling problem.

i wonder how many people watching this dont know that he's a psychotic maniac whose sole purpose is finding people who slighted him and destroying them and that's literally why he was so good

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
All I remember from the 96 series is rodman making Frank brikowski the angriest man in the world

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

surf rock posted:

I was a kid in grade school at the time and it was the hypest poo poo on the loving planet for us, we made a bunch of baseball cutouts and taped them up all around the room throughout the whole race; it was awesome

edit: I don't think I will ever have a period of sports I enjoyed more than that. Prime Brett Favre and back-to-back Super Bowl runs, the Jordan Bulls, the dominant Red Wings, and the goddamn Attitude Era in the WWF with Stone Cold Steve Austin, that was a charmed life I was leading as a kid who loved all of those things

second edit: I forgot some VERY good Wolverines football teams too, gently caress, I used up 90% of my sports fan luck before I was a teenager

How the gently caress do you get to root for the red wings, packers and bulls

I've heard of ridiculous 2 city rooters but never 3 come on. Everyone at my school by the state line was a packers/bulls fan (odd, never the bucks...weird...) but you take the cake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Jerry Krause was a very good scout, but a tremendously petty man and a yuge dickhead

Him and MJ were made for each other

Considering Phil managed to get Rodman of all people to generally focus up, it says something that Phil didnt care for Kobe at all

I legit think Phil is an incredible coach solely by virtue of being able to manage egos and keep people focused. It sounds simple but no one else could have handled Kobe/shaq , Jordan or rodman