Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

MourningView posted:

"there's seven of the twenty one feet of poo poo"

-me, whispering to my wife when bill wennington is on screen

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Diddie posted:

He said greatest player of all time, not second best player of his generation.

lmao if you wanna pretend wilt isn't the goat that's fine but bill russell is nowhere near the goat conversation

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

michael jordan’s unwavering consistency in his stance of “gently caress them kids” is admirable to say the least

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

playing 40 minutes a night for a doomed rockets squad probably wasn’t great for his long term health either (if you’ve ever watched the 99 rockets-lakers first round series, scottie looks loving gassed chasing around an out of his prime glen rice and rick fox)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

it's crazy looking at the years right after the 95 cap jump; jordan as the 32nd highest paid player in the league behind dudes like danny ferry and sam bowie

anyways here's a super crunchy article about what exactly the bulls could have done to not rip off their second best player and stay under the cap: https://earlybirdrights.com/2020/04/20/the-last-dance-scottie-pippen-salary-michael-jordan-chicago-bulls-jerry-krause/

(it probably would've involved pippen taking an extension like with the first 7 year deal and at that point he would've been under contract until 2000 i.e. his age 35 season so in the long run he probably would've lost money but hey there you go)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm cathing the rerun of episosde 1 and lol at MJ's "good wholesome boy who loves with his mom and doesn't do drugs" schtick

gambling like a motherfucker is cool tho

gambling is extremely cool imo

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Spite posted:

Probably a huge number. A major part of success in anything is luck and situation.

What would Draymond Green's career have looked like without Steph Curry?

chuck hayes with better passing

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

no, they specifically wanted a college guy. i believe the guy who made the team over isiah was stockton.

defensible both at the time and in retrospect tbh although yes laettner over shaq (and webber and zo) was still a stupid call

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

So through four episodes my question is: where the hell was Jerry Reinsdorf to rein in Krause?

jerry reinsdorf is a very lovely (basketball) owner

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

he went on to write for espn, sporting news, and nbc.com

but he was also a bulls beat writer so his sources were probably former bulls players idk what point that tweet is trying to make

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

DC Murderverse posted:

it means that you know who the source was based on how things went for the source, not how things went for the writer.

the joke is that Jordan's dad was the source and Michael had his dad killed for it

oh man i got whooshed pretty bad that's a good tweet

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

that lines up pretty loving well with the way that phil jackson has operated

DeimosRising posted:

We have a whole fashion thread that’s like 50% shoe posts but no one is using it now because we aren’t allowed to see other humans and their clothes anymore

no nba fashion since no one bothers posting their fits in quarantine and nike seems a little gunshy on introducing new shoes to make people line up during a pandemic

my irl friend got some of the tarheel jordan 1s and i’m pretty jealous

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

DC Murderverse posted:

y'all please stop me from ordering some Jordans they have some retro shoes inspired by the 1s that are like $100 which is way way less than I expected them to be

jordan 1s are an essential sneaker sorry you gotta get em

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

http://bkref.com/tiny/KITwO

By like 8 win shares. That's the most annoying part of this dumb story. By the time they picked the team Isiah wasn't a great player anymore and Stockton was one of the five or so best players in the league by most advanced stats.

isiah hadn’t sniffed an all nba team in about five years at that point, even after they expanded it to three teams

stockton, payton, healty kj, tim hardaway, and mark price would all rank ahead of him in 91-92 (as would magic but there was no way magic wasn’t getting on that team); there were perfectly legitimate basketball reasons to leave him off of that roster even if he didn’t have beef with half of them

i think people just expected daly to stump for one of “his guys” and the perception is that the forces that be conspired to leave isiah off the team; i think if you need to have a piston on there in 92 it makes way more sense to have joe dumars

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

did anyone ever come out and say that gervin was the one giving everyone coke or did everyone just infer it was him based on, well, everything

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Wiltsghost posted:

did this actually happen?

he was allegedly hungover

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Sad we did not get 21 feet of poo poo or any mention of Wizards Jordan.

am sad to report this experiment has been a failure

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Lasagna Pilot posted:

So when a crazy super fan wants to poison a pizza, what does he do? Takes out some raw chicken juice to top it with after cooking?

for a serious answer that's not just shoving stuff up your butt (not that there's anything wrong with that, it's 2020 we all deserve buttplay), visine is supposedly odorless and tasteless, and in theory you could also dissolve laxative into the pizza sauce pretty easily

both of which are crazy dangerous; you could put someone in the hospital with that stuff

(i don't know why people insist on humoring michael jordan with his bullshit tainted pizza, either he had fluke food poisoning or he was hungover and either one is fine and adds to his legend perfectly well)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

BWV posted:

I think WCW Nitro got more screen time than any of Jordan's spouses, children, or siblings.

i personally know which one is more interesting

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

i can't believe the last dance didn't even mention Brian Williams AKA Bison Dele who played KEY MINUTES for the '97 bulls

the only noteworthy or interesting thing about bison dele

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MrMojok posted:

I remember a couple years after Smith's book came out, the rumor was that Horace was the main source. I can't remember where I read this at the time, but I always assumed Jordan was the one pushing that rumor.

Then, several years later, I read somewhere else that it was more Phil Jackson, than Horace.

Trying to google this now brings up mostly the current news story involving Grant. Who do you all think the main sources were?

everyone but jordan and krause probably leaked some stuff but phil was likely the worst offender

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

morestuff posted:

I really wouldn't assume that just because they're the most aggrieved about it that they didn't talk to Sam

i mean i'm sure they talked to sam in passing but as far as leaking the good poo poo i don't think krause would leak anything that painted him in a poor light and i don't think jordan would leak anything that would contradict the narrative he created with nike

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

in football people root for the underdogs (as long as they're still respectable), in basketball people support sustained excellence

in baseball people root for dingers; it is the purest expression of fandom

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Woofer posted:

This was false through the 2010s.

lebron was unfairly vilified but people warmed up to the heat eventually, and the warriors have a giant bandwagon and most people (that aren't Online) tend to like them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I rocked a bright teal and orange Dolphins starter jacket and thought I was the coolest little poo poo. It’s still in the closet at my dads house.

hell, same

Niwrad posted:

Bulls had some carryover fans from the era, but outside of a few of the Rose years, no one outside Chicago has given a poo poo about the Bulls.

to be fair, that momentum from the jordan era might have carried over better if krause’s twin towers had worked out, or if the baby bulls ever got over, or if reinsdorf wasn’t simultaneously cheap as gently caress and irrationally loyal

shame about y’all being the wizards in cst though