Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
in the episode, even Reinsdorf and Krause are telling him that he shouldn't sign it; I know he said he didn't wanna risk injury/not be able to provide for his people; but still even 1 year at 2.75 at that time; would be enough to provide to a lot of people. Especially with him going on and on about knowing his value, his worth. I guess it was just ill-timed with the league revenues/salaries exploding because of him (and that MJ guy)

at least he got paid in the end; oof lol that he got another $10mil from Chicago later, forgot about that

In order for the Rockets to create enough salary-cap room to acquire Pippen, Charles Barkley said that he sacrificed greatly as he signed a five-year $67.2 million contract before the previous season.[50] Pippen's salary was $11 million, almost four times as much as his salary the previous season with the Chicago Bulls, $2.775 million.[44]

Good ol Chuck :unsmith:

I had high hopes for this documentary based on 30for30 stuff but when I read that Jordan basically had Final Cut; kinda vanished and feels like a puff-piece and Jordan wanting to poo poo all over Krause for 10 hours

The doc is also all over the loving place, from the Pippen house, to Jordan in College, to Jordan vs Bird to Pippen being a complete shithead, to Michael's brothers. I can see why it's been sitting in the vault for 20 years

Hirez fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I forget but in the 12ep puff piece, did Jordan say he never gambled on basketball?

I remember him saying something like I only bet on myself, and golf; I remember a Jeremy Roenick podcast clip he told a story about where Jordan bet like 100k that he would score 40+ after playing 2 rounds of golf and like a 24 pack right before going out for game stuff that evening

So I mean that's straight up gambling up basketball with the excuse of I only bet on myself :shrug: