Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This owns so far. I've already laughed my rear end off twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Announcing the roty by just saying his first name is awesome.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I'm one of the people in the thread that can remember Jordan only having 1 title. (just barely) This documentary is great because Jordan got me into basketball so it's jogging some of my earliest memories of the NBA.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Spite posted:

phil jackson branding himself the zen master is genius level marketing.
the dude's a dick and was super manipulative. which honestly was probably a benefit when coaching jordan and kobe.
but he feuded with everyone all the time everywhere he went. did he make things chaotic on purpose or was that just how he was?

steve kerr tried to pull phil moves the last few years with GSW but he's actually kumbaya so it didn't work. joey lacob has biiiiig reinsdorf/krause vibes though. they are going to implode when curry leaves/retires.

Didn't Phil drive Jerry West out of the Lakers?

R.D. Mangles posted:

jordan has literally one joke, but it owns

Or he just goes for the one that he knows will piss off krause the most every time.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Wasn't Stockton better than Thomas in 1991-92 anyway?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

When's the Space Jam episode?

https://hypebeast.com/2016/11/space-jams-20-birthday-30-for-30-the-space-jam-game

If you think about it, the plot of Space Jam has Jordan so addicted to gambling that he bets his freedom on winning a game of basketball vs aliens to help cartoons.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

"The kids did see the NBA side of Jordan when they were playing pickup games. "He would treat us exactly the same as any other basketball player he was playing," Marcus told Today, explaining that he would sometimes call his mom to tell her MJ was picking on them.

Sometimes this competitiveness ended in injury. "Jeff was going for a touchdown and, I'll never forget it, my dad tackled Jeff into a glass table and Jeff hit his head,"
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...hO_op1gtvRPX61k

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

AsInHowe posted:

Late-'90s Michigan sports kids had:

- Barry Sanders on the Lions, Lions making the playoffs
- Brett Favre on the Packers, two Super Bowls with one win
- Michael Jordan's Bulls
- Grant Hill on the Pistons

Just absolutely stacked years, in every way.

lol at claiming the Bulls/Pistons and 2 NFL teams. If I ever start getting retroactively pumped about Spurs titles or currently non-existent Texans Super Bowl wins, pls ban my account. the bigger lol is anyone caring about how anyone else enjoys sports, so really joke is on me

BWV posted:

215 countries, who can believe there are so many?

This documentary is already out of date. With China dropping the NBA it's back to 214.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wonder how much this documentary getting rushed changed it. They finished the last two episodes about two weeks ago.