Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/readjack/status/1251856105858269191

Good article about how Reinsdorf is the most intriguing figure in this whole saga for anyone who's already aware of the situation. The five-minute clip included him saying "Yeah, literally everyone told me not to hire this shithead baseball scout as general manager...but I dunno, I liked him" and it was baffling to me, so hopefully they get into that a good amount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Commissioning this is this only good thing the Bulls franchise has done in the past decade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLI5OJsDO78

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The main effect this documentary is having on me is that I am getting incredibly mad about how the Bulls got gifted the greatest and most famous basketball player of all time, begrudgingly tolerated him dragging them to success, then finally rid themselves of him & spent the next two decades mismanaging the team into irrelevance

Cant wait to spend 8 more hours stoking this rage

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MourningView posted:

The absolute shittiest part of the doc is that Reinsdorf is on there playing the reasonable benevolent owner while letting a dead guy take all the bullets for him being a tight rear end.

This is not an issue for me because my brain immediately takes anything Jerry Reinsdorf says and paints it in the most negative light possible.

It helps that within the first five minutes of the doc, you have him dithering about whether or not he should break up a team that just won its fifth title in seven years. I imagine they've gotta include the moment of him telling Jordan he'll regret giving him those $30+ million deals, too

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"They acquired the moniker the 'Bad Boys'" is the funniest way I can imagine describing this Detroit team

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"I don't care. Whatever. What's up." Job interview king

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Buechler!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Whenever Dennis isn't in the doc all the other characters should be asking "Where's Dennis"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Roast the hell out of Bill Cartwright hell yeah

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Even on camera Jordan can barely restrain his disgust about Scottie's headache

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The inspirational story of the Bulls turning to steroids to beat the Pistons

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
How are they going to act like the 90-91 season was about Jordan uplifting the team to become a cohesive unit when that was when "Headache tonight, Scottie?" happened

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
gently caress yes Horace

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Oh my god Jordan talking about Isiah

This owns

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
In retrospect A SPECTACULAR MOVE BY MICHAEL JORDAN! is kind of Jeter dive-y, huh

Still looks cool though

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The legend of John Paxson begins

By the time they get to the 93 Finals they better mention how this was ultimately a net-negative for the Bulls franchise

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This whole 10 hour doc was an excuse for getting that Scott Burrell footage out there

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The origin story of Michael Jordan, The Brand being "Market him like a tennis player" is blowing my mind

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Krause dropping like 50 "organizations" in one interview lmao

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"The situation at home was not great....because of the war and everything...."

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MourningView posted:

He played the Dream Team again in the Gold Medal game and was really good but literally no one ever talks about that.

I was just gonna say, I'm glad they're covering that in this

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

DC Murderverse posted:

Obama talking about fellow centrist Michael Jordan

Centrists elect presidents too

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
1. Lol at Seinfeld awkwardly milling about the locker room
2. Every single time I am reminded that the Chicago Bulls were an international sensation, I just get really mad that ownership somehow managed to completely squander that gift

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

soggybagel posted:

I think this just kind of exposes that the pressure on modern athletes is even higher.

Could the mentally soft Michael Jordan make it in the Twitter era? Or would he retire four times in seven years

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This loving usher lol

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Loving this montage of Jordan loving up playing the sport he compulsively gambled on

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Waroduce posted:

was that not the series where Jordan took barlkley out drinking, smoking and playing golf and than gifted him like 50k earrings to gently caress with him?

I fear all those Johnny Bach stories might be bullshit (although I will believe them to be true for the rest of time)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
gently caress John Paxson

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"TWO TREY" custom plate is shaking my confidence in Jordan being the GOAT

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Episode 5 was a bit all over the place and not a ton of new stuff, but I thought episode 6 was the best MJ-centric episode thus far

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This segment started out like

Kukoc + Kerr: This dude was a giant piece of poo poo to us in practice
MJ in practice: You're going to have to try hard to win!

But then as soon as they got to him calling Scott Burrell a ho things got better

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MourningView posted:

I mean he got in a literal fist fight with Kerr

Yeah I was just laughing at the initial super hardcore whitewashing of MJ's personality. Luckily they shifted to only a moderate whitewashing

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

surf rock posted:

B.J. Armstrong was an All-Star? What?

He got the third most votes of anyone in the league! I can only assume muscle memory forced everyone to check the box next to the Chicago SG

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Toni's energy in his interviews is so good

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Ewing dunk immediately makes up for subbing himself out imo

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Bulls have Stockholm syndrome

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Even legendary rear end in a top hat Michael Jordan is a union man...a powerful message

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It is crazy now to think about a dude going for 55 on the back of a ton of midrange jumpers

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Last Dance, episode 8: Here's Why That Loss Didn't Really Count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me