Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)
Ledola: the City on Stilts. Ages ago a consortium of merchants, dissatisfied with onerous taxes and regulations on the mainland, took to the sea to govern themselves. They organized a Merchant's Council with representatives from each of the major industries and interest groups in the city having equal say over legislation and matters of state. Over time blocs of magistrates agreed to pool their votes behind the Navarchos, Master of Ships, and eventually he became de facto dictator of the Republic: Dux Ledolam.
Thirteen years ago, Dux Mario of House Brutus declared himself King, and was crowned by one of the Matriarchs from the mainland - an outrageous act, only tolerated by Mario's charm and smooth tongue. His son, Alvise, has neither, and now that Alvise has ascended to the "throne," Republican-minded magistrates are revolting. They voted to strip the "King" of his power and titles, to formalize a new Constitution preventing future tyranny, and ensuring free and fair elections in the coming weeks for all citizens*.
As it so often goes, those accustomed to privilege view equality as oppression. Conservative Ducists, who had received preferential treatment under the old regime, were predictably unhappy with having their power challenged. Nobody thought it would result in murder, of course, but if it didn't we wouldn't be telling this story, would we? Last night a leader supporting the New Republic was found at his office desk with a knife in his back. Yet, the Republicans would not be intimidated. An emergency assembly of the Council formed to root out corruption among their ranks: to find the killers who would prefer terror to liberty, and execute them. They did so not for their lives alone, but for Ledola's continued sovereignty and for the future of democracy itself.
The whole city held its breath, praying Wisdom guide those brave men to Justice.

(source)

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 21 player closed-setup game. It is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter.

Please post every day if you can. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll prod you with a PM. If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included.

Every game day will have a deadline. If a majority vote has not been reached by then, the day will end with no execution. Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it's floating.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email once a week, so if you don't have PMs you should really consider getting it!

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

:h: N / A
:d: N / A

1) Atomic Soda
2) b-minus1
3) chaoslord
4) cheese sandwich
5) Gamerofthegame
6) Ixtlilton
7) Jonathan Fisk
8) merk
9) MisterJed
10) Moatillata
11) Monathin
12) Pinterest Mom
13) sandnavyguy
14) Sandwolf
15) SHALASHASKA HAWKE
16) Somberbrero
17) Spoonsy
18) Toalpaz
19) Token Female
20) xopods
21) yuming

replacements:
- mr longhuman
- ghandicap

Night 0: Dragnix, Exchequer, Bank of Ledola (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 1: Spoonsy, Chairman, Supplier & Trade Bureau (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 1: Jonathan Fisk, Charter Executive, Sugarblock & Saltwork Co. (town-aligned mason), died. cheese sandwich, Citizen, The Mason's Guild (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 2, Afternoon: Atomic Soda, Secretary, Magician Assistants' Alliance (town-aligned enchanter), daykilled.
Day 2, Early Evening: Ixtlilton, Captain of the Night Watch (mafia-aligned tracker), guillotined.
Day 2, Execution: merk, President, Lamplighters &Assocs. (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 2: Nobody died during the night! How interesting!
Day 3: Moatillata, Father Superior of the Cleric's Academy (mafia-aligned doctor), executed.
Night 3: Sandwolf, Boss, Fisherman's Union (town-aligned watcher), died.
Day 4: Gamerofthegame, President, The Manufactory: Mfg.&Ref. (mafia-aligned goon), executed.
Night 4: Pinterest Mom, Charter Executive, Sugarblock & Saltwork Co. (town-aligned mason), died.
Day 5, Morning: sandnavyguy, Boss, Bread & Circuses Bakers' Union (mafia-aligned goon), daykilled.
Day 5, Execution: b-minus1, Pilot, The Navigators (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 5: Nobody died again tonight! How unusual! I wonder what happened!
Day 6, Morning: chaoslord, Owner, Abroz Inc. (mafia-aligned godfather), daykilled.
Day 6, Execution: Monathin, President, Yushman Imports (mafia-aligned gunrunner), executed.

GAME OVER
TOWN + SURVIVOR VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 20, 2020

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I would like to be a replacement, I do have PMs, and my email address is DrChaoSlord at gmail

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Put me down as a replacement for right now. I’m in two other very large games. I have PMs.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Good evening ecco I would like to play in this game

Praytell will there be any submarines in this one?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

okay, hey ecco how ya been?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I solemnly swear I will do better than last eccogame.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I'd love to give it a whirl; put me in Coach!

edit: I also have PMs.

sandnavyguy fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 20, 2020

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
maybe I'll kill the cult leader this time

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

I’d like to play, and I have PMs

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Move me to player list please, friend ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
OP is updated, we are a third of the way there!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hi Ecco! Throw me up as a later day replacement, when the player list gets down to 17 or fewer players please. It's been a while since I've played an eccogame, but I'm not willing to break my big game rule for it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BzC4NXbsxA

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yes, of course.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hello! i would like to play pls i have pms

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I would play.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

the fated reunion........

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Monathin posted:

the fated reunion........

one day, soon....

hi moat! :cheerdoge:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am down, PMs

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will join.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
we're almost two thirds of the way there!

woo!

I might actually have the role PMs ready when it fills 😱

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EccoRaven posted:

we're almost two thirds of the way there!

woo!

I might actually have the role PMs ready when it fills 😱

Hahahahahahahahaha oh I've missed your dry wit Ecco.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
[quote="MisterJed" post="504263999"]
I’d like to play, and I have PMs
[/quote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Hahahahahahahahaha oh I've missed your dry wit Ecco.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Ok

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Hello I would like to play this game if that’s ok

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

cheese sandwich posted:

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, somehow I didn't see this. Sign me up to play an Ecco game!

Also, now it makes sense why mine isn't filling.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Please put my name on the sign up list.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Will spectate.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Unless I have my math wrong, I think that puts us at 2 slots left.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

cheese sandwich posted:

get a new avatar and you can play

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

get a new avatar and you can play

Normally I’d refuse on principle but you know what, sure.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Hello, I would prefer to be either a pro-town role or ELABORATELY scum

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I will play!

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

yuming posted:

I will play!

I was going to roleplay as you so people wouldn't want to lunch me, but if you're actually in the game as well that might be too confusing.

Anyway, I hope that you are town this game so that we can catch the scums together! :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yes please I wanna be town :sun: