Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Asking someone where they live might be a good idea, if we have enough people in that area to recommend pet shops that carry good food. Here in Seattle it's pretty easy, but could be harder in Small Town, Iowa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Boogalo posted:

For anyone in the US, chewy.com is the champion. Orders over $50 ship free and they will fill prescription foods if you email them a picture of the script. They save me $20 a bag on my cats food and I just autoship it every 5 weeks for another couple% or so discount along with a refill of litter. You can also add whatever items you want to your next autoship as a one-time thing.

They sell poo poo like Meow Mix and Kibbles and Bits though
edit: I mean in addition to the good stuff. I like one of the local chains here in Seattle, Mud Bay, because their staff goes to nutrition courses and they only carry stuff that's good, so I can just pick a few things at random off the shelf and my dog is happy to have new stuff.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I really hate preachy "rescues". It's people who repeat what they heard as a kid / once as fact forever without being open to any other ideas.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Does anybody remember who makes the Kirkland chicken dog food? Can I get some at a local store instead of driving to Costco?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Thank you! I couldn't remember anymore. It makes up a majority of the shelter provided food and this doggy seems to have a sensitive system.