Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tradjik

and why is it so important in this day and age?

im going to start this essay by saying I don't exactly know what twisted metal is,

and in conclusion we are all robots being controlled by either real life body language or thoughts in our head, either voices or reactions we've built up ourselves to what other people do or say

ty heather papps u da bes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

All I know is that it's a car combat video game, but I never played many video games for some reason. Sorry I can't be of more help

KaiserSchnitzel

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
You've seen Bloodsport with Jean Claude Van Damme and Bolo Yeung - the Chinese guy with the huge pecs?

Well, in this 1988 martial arts action thriller JCVD goes to Hong Kong seeking entry into this super-secret martial arts contest called Kumite. Keep in mind, this was before UFC even was a thing people knew about.

"While trying to gain access into the underground world of clandestine fighters, he also has to avoid military officers who consider him to be AWOL. After enduring a difficult training and beginning a romance with journalist Janice Kent (Leah Ayres), Frank is given the opportunity to fight. But can he survive?"

Twisted Metal is like that except with cars strapped with missile launchers and poo poo and (instead of Bolo Yeung) one of your competitors is the bad guy from Mad Max: Fury Road driving an ice cream truck.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

You've seen Bloodsport with Jean Claude Van Damme and Bolo Yeung - the Chinese guy with the huge pecs?

Well, in this 1988 martial arts action thriller JCVD goes to Hong Kong seeking entry into this super-secret martial arts contest called Kumite. Keep in mind, this was before UFC even was a thing people knew about.

"While trying to gain access into the underground world of clandestine fighters, he also has to avoid military officers who consider him to be AWOL. After enduring a difficult training and beginning a romance with journalist Janice Kent (Leah Ayres), Frank is given the opportunity to fight. But can he survive?"

Twisted Metal is like that except with cars strapped with missile launchers and poo poo and (instead of Bolo Yeung) one of your competitors is the bad guy from Mad Max: Fury Road driving an ice cream truck.

Whoa I just met my long lost forums twin

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

alnilam

:wth:

ty manifisto

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
:pusheen:

TatoPancakes

the brainwaves are thinking
i don't know either op but if i had to guess it would be like this metal, then they like twist it

bluewolf78

TatoPancakes posted:

i don't know either op but if i had to guess it would be like this metal, then they like twist it

what if you twisted it the wrong way? wouldn't this generation get offended by the way you identified the arc of your twist you racist bastard?

Goons Are Gifts

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Whoa I just met my long lost forums twin

Oh my god is byob a parent now??

Trying

A good proto-3D GTA was "Urban Chaos." On the PS1, no less.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

imagine a clown. now imagine the clwon is running youover repeatedly with a giant monster ice cream truck and starts shooting rockets at you n poo poo like its mario kart from hell

Doomtalker
My name is Calypso, and I thank you for your interest in the Twisted Metal Tournament. Further information may follow.

Trying

Carmageddon wasn't the same thing? Or it was in America? I never played any of these we were quite poor.

Trying

With the benefit of hindsight, a demo-disk's worth is probably enough for most games.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

in twisted metal you have three balloons on your car and each time some body gets hit a balloon pops and if you lose all three you die and the clown spits in your mouth

Zeluth

by Fluffdaddy
RC Pro-AM

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Trying

That T-Rex proof of concept where you could make it's head swing around was better than most "actual games." Maybe not Ape Escape

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

remember when solid snake fought ape escape. sigh, simpler times

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
picture if like Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson and Insane Clown Posse teamed up to make a series of video games about cars shooting rockets at each other and it sort of peaked in the later half of the 90s.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
lots of born-in-80s goons dating themselves by having sincere answers to this question lol

Escape From Noise

Barco Fiesta posted:

lots of born-in-80s goons dating themselves by having sincere answers to this question lol

It doesn't take that much to date me!

I'm pretty desperate

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

It doesn't take that much to date me!

I'm pretty desperate

i heard that yesterday was the 'perfect date'. i dont know what that means but i saw it on twitter.

nut

I dunno what’s a twisted metal with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
the title works on a bunch of levels. on one hand cars are made of metal and they get twisted up when exploding so theres that. but also the games story is twisted, like each character's story mode ending is they win the tournament and get to make a wish but the wish always has unintended consequences so it's a twist. also there's twisted like messed up stuff, like the mascot is a scary clown and stuff. the apitomy(not sjure if i spelt that right?) of this is Twisted Metal Black for PS2. metal can also be applied to mean metal music, of which there is a lot in the games.