Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Remove the men and bring back full nude olympics.

You're welcome IOC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Get old school. All competitors must be naked and oiled. I don't know if this will help with the corona but I know it will help.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

MIGHT cause the Olympics to cancel? Lol

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
From now on, recycle Olympic cities so that every Olympics takes place in the now-rotten facilities where they occurred 20 years ago.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Just make it a Battlebots competition.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Ask the olympian gods what we should be doing by have some lady get high and then get some classics professors to make hexameter poetry out of whatever she says.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Isolate all the athletes 14 days prior, send them to the Olympics with no audience.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
The International Olympic Committee serves only to counterbalance FIFA as candidate for the title “Most Corrupt Organisation On Earth That Nominally Should Be Doing Good”, so let the whole thing burn to the ground frankly.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
one word: Marblelympics

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Men's circle jerk, with the athletes in individual booths, shown on TV broadcasts as a Celebrity Squares-type layout. Events for cums quickest, cums furthest, most cums in half an hour, biggest load etc. And yes, I am in training for it, as you can see.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm visualizing someone spinning around like in the shotput except he's whackin it

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Have everyone do the events in their house and report back. Yeah, I totally ran that marathon in an hour

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Make 12 permanent venues to hold the games. Two on each continent excluding Antarctica obviously. One for the Winter Olympics and one for Summer Olympics. Place them in countries that are wealthy enough to maintain the facilities, and make sure the place where they are located will be able to utilize the facilities when the games aren't being played. Hold the games every 2 years so that every year there will be a Winter, or Summer Olympics. Make them truly amateur, no professional hockey, soccer or basketball players ect. In fact maybe get rid of well established sports with huge professional leagues, and instead add new sports like ninja warrior, spartan races, and rock climbing.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Torquemada posted:

The International Olympic Committee serves only to counterbalance FIFA as candidate for the title “Most Corrupt Organisation On Earth That Nominally Should Be Doing Good”, so let the whole thing burn to the ground frankly.

That's just what happens when you let Europe run something

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

JK Fresco posted:

That's just what happens when you let Europe run something

Rather than other noted free-from-corruption areas of the world like none of them.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Just make it a Battlebots competition.

With explosives allowed

In fact make it mad max with remote controlled full size cars

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
hold the first ever space olympics but you gotta find someone to protect andromeda from gresh

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Replace all the sports with csgo but don't change the competitors

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Make everyone with COVID compete in random sports and the winner gets medical care.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Cancel the Olympics altogether. I mean, who genuinely gives a poo poo aside from the pervert coaches that molest child athletes until they compete?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
sacrifice the winners to Quetzalcoatl

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Cancel the Olympics altogether. I mean, who genuinely gives a poo poo aside from the pervert coaches that molest child athletes until they compete?

China

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Authoritarian regimes that use it as a dickwaving contest.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
But you repeat yourselves.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
We should build an entire city from scratch that hosts all future Olympics, definitely a smart use of money

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Just host them in Greece every year

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

sigher posted:

Make everyone with COVID compete in random sports and the winner gets medical care.

This sounds pretty much like capitalism in the U.S. Compete in jobs and the winners get medical care.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Human garbage nailed it 1st reply, report a.

2/3rds of winter Olympics are made up rich people sports to help fund the thing anyway, esports is an untapped vein.

Winners get emedals to save on costs, done.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Human garbage nailed it 1st reply, report a.

2/3rds of winter Olympics are made up rich people sports to help fund the thing anyway, esports is an untapped vein.

Winners get emedals to save on costs, done.

maybe some Steam achievements?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
They could have it like one of those things where as many people as possible get inside a Mini, they could probably do the whole thing with 10 people or so, then once they are all in set it on fire to get rid of germs and give them all medals for winning

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
gently caress 'em

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

interwhat posted:

gently caress 'em

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

The Olympics, but with a heavy dose of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Idk I'm more of a big picture guy, y'all figure out the details.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Add a jump at the end of the luge

Make javelin throwers scream something cool when they throw the javelin and they are scored on it

Replace boring rear end olympic boxing with a Kumite style competition

Curling but with a live infant and if it cries you lose

Biathalon but it takes place on the street with rollerblades and they get sweet Uzis instead of lame rifles

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

The_Continental posted:

Replace boring rear end olympic boxing with a Kumite style competition

Olympic boxing for sure needs to end. The blatant corruption of Olympic boxing makes FIFA look like a bunch of scared rookies. Olympic boxing judges will straight faced, and cool as a cucumber hand matches to a boxer who lost in a landslide, simply because they were paid usually by the host country. Its not even like it happens once or twice during the games. They do it multiple times over every weight division, and its to the point where nobody even pretends that its not happening. The Announcers know it, the crowd knows it, the referee knows it, and the boxers know it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWQ0vaoQDEQ

Smiling Mandrill fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 22, 2020

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Yeah if they fight to the death there's really no room for that kind of fixing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OCG
Jul 15, 2004
No winners. Everyone gets a participation trophy. Last place does get killed though.