Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

"What the gently caress is Princess Connect?" It's a show directed by the Konosuba guy where a bunch of idiots make a guild about finding and eating gourmet dishes in a fantasy world. That's all you need to know to jump in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foImVnHpZDI

Episode 3 airs today (4/20/2020)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

show is good

no picture of kokkoros butthole face though, OP bad

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's in the opening, plus my personal opinion is that you need 6 prongs minimum to represent a butthole ✱ ✳️

:x is just :x

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 20, 2020

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The idiot MC is my spirit animal.

Also Pecorine.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its surprising how well animated some of these scenes are. Like the art is simple but its really fluid and colorful

https://sakugabooru.com/data/3780c0d35e57c810e066c8d690aa135b.mp4

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 20, 2020

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Just watched the first episode of this, and the Konosuba energy in this is incredible. And I find Yuuki and Kokkoro's dynamic very cute.

Also I'm getting a sense that all of these characters are kind of invincible, despite them getting repeatedly owned in various ways, which is important because they are already my precious children and I don't want to see them get hurt

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So is Pecorine from a far away land or is this one of those nobody knows what their princess looks like situations?

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Space Flower posted:

it's in the opening, plus my personal opinion is that you need 6 prongs minimum to represent a butthole ✱ ✳️

not sorry

edit: show is cute, the production quality is a bit of a contrast compared to what i saw of konosuba, especially since they share some visual design styling. i appreciate how they kept the 'D&D campaign but everyone has 3 INT' setup but it's on the lawful good corner instead of chaotic evil

i also can't help but read 'astraea' as 'straya

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 21, 2020

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
So just started episode 1 and I feel like it is gonna be revealed that Yuuki is actually a dog in a human body going off how he acts and doesn't speak in full sentences.

EDIT: After episode 3 I feel like a good way to sum this show up is that it is like Konosuba is the characters were all earnest, well intentioned, hyper competent idiots. Except for Yuuki, who is more just the team large dumb dog. He is there for moral support and to be the mascot of them more than anything else. Like the most mean member of the group is Kyarl, and she is just trying to hide how much she likes them because cat.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 21, 2020

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yuuki is a good child who wants to help his teen mom.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Learn something new every day.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Pretty sure the car girl has 4 ears. I think I saw human ears under her hair on this last episode.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Honestly I've been kind of disappointed after 1. 2 and 3 have way fewer jokes that really land for me, although "the hero instantly gets stomped whenever they fight" is always good.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
The thing with Yuuki in this for me is that him being so earnest and trying so hard but still always instantly getting stomped or falling on his face makes it more entertaining than if he was a blowhard who was constantly getting their comeuppance. Just the hero of legend is a very sweet boy who is trying his hardest but really can only accomplish getting hit and buffing those around him.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Wallrod posted:

edit: show is cute, the production quality is a bit of a contrast compared to what i saw of konosuba, especially since they share some visual design styling. i appreciate how they kept the 'D&D campaign but everyone has 3 INT' setup but it's on the lawful good corner instead of chaotic evil

i also can't help but read 'astraea' as 'straya

The thing with Konosuba's gang of idiots is that, other than Aqua, they aren't outright stupid. Darkness is at least average, and Kazuma and Megumin are actually pretty bright.

They're just too caught up in their own brands of bullshit to show anything resembling common sense most of the time.

(I also wouldn't say they were evil. Just assholes. There's a difference.)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Idiot Good vs Chaotic Idiot.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9DkiEWiPdo

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
The facial expressions in this show are on point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_R9EaeRrWg&t=132s

Voice acting is also great.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Gotta say, this has an incredibly solid setup by mobage anime standards. Just an enlightened bodhitsattva, her archnemesis girlfriend, and her two cute-but-dim disciples going around bringing out the best from people with weird but delicious food.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Yuuki's characterisation is brilliant. He's the viewpoint character of a mobage, seen from the outside.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Elfface posted:

Yuuki's characterisation is brilliant. He's the viewpoint character of a mobage, seen from the outside.

I can see it now, that's perfect.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I hope that when he gets his memory back, it's revealed he's always been a baby

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh good, there's a thread for this. There need to be more "funny morons go adventuring" shows like this and KonoSuba.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The bandits in the forest had the same voices as the ones that stole Peco's sword, right?

Rima is adorable. :kimchi:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Starting to think this is a good show.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh good, there's a thread for this. There need to be more "funny morons go adventuring" shows like this and KonoSuba.

Have you seen Magical Circle Guru Guru? The version from a few years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pedNcM3DXrM

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

The bandits in the forest had the same voices as the ones that stole Peco's sword, right?

Seems so

(2)

(4)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I hope its a recurring joke through the series

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

This is a common phenomenon. For more information, please consult the documentary Kemono Friends.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Probably an animation error in this case. I know that in the Granblue anime that sometimes erune characters would have the double ears. Unless we do go the Kemono Friends route of having like a scientific document explaining how the characters can have two sets of ears and why their tails sometimes can clip through their clothing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

If it's animation error it's one they're making a lot as there are multiple scenes you can see her human ears.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lots of catperson designs do the 4 ear thing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maybe she isn't actually a catperson and just using magic to give herself catears and a tail.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Four ears means even better hearing.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Black Mage Knight posted:

Four ears means even better hearing.

This

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
"Do you think 2 sets of ears is really necessary?"

Evolution: "hey, as long as it works"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
one pair is ornamental, and they will never reveal which

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
So after watching the episode, man, Cygames money continues to impress for the animation budget of this. Also Yuuki is still a surprising part of the show for me in that he is in a constant state of trying his best and doesn't feel like a stand in MC. He has no brains and no muscles but a whole lot of care and is adorable for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
⦂x