Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Gologle posted:

I really wish I didn't live in a world where the president of the free world sent well wishes on a social media website that is basically open air texting to the dictator of a brutal, stifling, and oppressive regime.

What did the Prime Minister of the Netherlands do?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

What did the Prime Minister of the Netherlands do?!

:drat:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

QuoProQuid posted:

he finally ate the forbidden grease

This is actually Juche Gel: "...it functions as a meat glaze, floor wax, hair pomade, sun block, and as a lubricant for all things, from the most intimate natural urges to the mightiest mining, industrial, and maritime machinery".
-nknews.org

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I love the 120 pound emaciated worker using every fiber of his being to avoid showing any kind of negative emotion

Reuben Sandwich
Jan 27, 2007

Excelzior posted:

I love the 120 pound emaciated worker using every fiber of his being to avoid showing any kind of negative emotion
What saved his life is there's not a shred of protein for Kim's pack of hounds.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Don't mind me. I'll just be over here in the corner screaming into the infinite void.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

This is actually Juche Gel: "...it functions as a meat glaze, floor wax, hair pomade, sun block, and as a lubricant for all things, from the most intimate natural urges to the mightiest mining, industrial, and maritime machinery".
-nknews.org

this information in no way changes my response

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm gonna juche!

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Juche by the Notorious PRK

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok just so that I can make fun wordplays too, “juche” is pronounced “joo-chay” right?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Jay Rust posted:

Ok just so that I can make fun wordplays too, “juche” is pronounced “joo-chay” right?

More or less, yeah.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

sincx posted:

IIRC it was mostly Arab nations supporting the PRC.

The Uighurs consider themselves Turks. Turks, Arabs, and Persians don't particularly get along with each other.

Syria, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Somalia, Iraq, etc. None of these are Arab, you had every corner of the Muslim world unite for this.

The only signatory who retracted their stance was Qatar, who are Arab. The only people who signed the letter criticizing China are western nations and Japan. It is a little sensationalist to call it a Muslim genocide when Yunnan is carrying on business as usual. It's really more of an ethnic cleansing thing.

Also small nitpick: they are Turkic, not Turks. The latter is a nationality.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's really more of an ethnic cleansing thing

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah it's a shame there's no way a country on the Korean peninsula could become developed and free without an overseas empire to plunder.

America should learn from SK and just outsource the imperialism

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Jay Rust posted:

It's pronounced gif

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dont Touch ME posted:

Syria, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Somalia, Iraq, etc. None of these are Arab, you had every corner of the Muslim world unite for this.

The only signatory who retracted their stance was Qatar, who are Arab. The only people who signed the letter criticizing China are western nations and Japan. It is a little sensationalist to call it a Muslim genocide when Yunnan is carrying on business as usual. It's really more of an ethnic cleansing thing.

Also small nitpick: they are Turkic, not Turks. The latter is a nationality.

We should take the word of these countries that are happy to kill its own citizens that China is actually blameless on human rights abuses, I mean if they have no problem torturing and cleansing their own, surely they will take a principled stance against the same happening elsewhere to people they don't care about at all?

Also half of those are Arab.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

steinrokkan posted:

Also half of those are Arab.

Name 1

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Grand Fromage posted:

More or less, yeah.

awww now all the Gin & Juche puns are ruined

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Saint Drogo posted:

contrarianism 101ing my way into white knighting for a country-sized starvation rape holocaust.

but enough about the United States

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Let's all poo poo on Greenland or something.

BOOOOO U NOT EVEN GREEN WHOREBAR

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
*Looking at map of North Korea* I'm going to gently caress North Korea.
/

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Uh...Syria, Egypt, and Iraq? That's three.

Also "It's not genocide it's only ethnic cleansing"...lol that's one hell of a take.

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 4, 2020

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Uh...Syria, Egypt, and Iraq? That's three.

Also "It's not genocide it's only ethnic cleansing"...lol that's one hell of a take.

Syria is Northern Levantine. Iraq is Mesopotamian. Egypt is Egyptian. They are about as Arabic as Palestine or Israel. Just because a country speaks Arabic does not mean it is Arab. Arab is a genetic cluster, and the people of the nations you named are much closer to Turks (both genetically and culturally, with the exception of Egypt) than they are to Arabs.

This is not to say they are Turkics, they are seperate ethnicities in their own right, having their own phenotypes and haplogroups exclusive to their populations.

Dont Touch ME fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 4, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

get a load of this freakin dweeb lmbo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dont Touch ME posted:

Syria is Northern Levantine. Iraq is Mesopotamian. Egypt is Egyptian. They are about as Arabic as Palestine or Israel. Just because a country speaks Arabic does not mean it is Arab. Arab is a genetic cluster, and the people of the nations you named are much closer to Turks (both genetically and culturally, with the exception of Egypt) than they are to Arabs.

This is not to say they are Turkics, they are seperate ethnicities in their own right, having their own phenotypes and haplogroups exclusive to their populations.

Come on dude. I’m sure you worked hard for your degree but we’re just talking here

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
North Korea is less of a brutal military dictatorship and more of a city sized theme park with authoritarian characteristics run by a fat guy and his army.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Salem Saberhagen posted:

North Korea is less of a brutal military dictatorship and more of a city sized theme park with authoritarian characteristics run by a fat guy and his army.

Take it to QCS

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
Nice Biden AV

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Dont Touch ME posted:

one could even say the world belongs to the turks

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

they're all mexicans to me

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Salem Saberhagen posted:

We're really splitting hairs here.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Jay Rust posted:

Come on dude. I’m sure you worked hard for your degree but we’re just talking here

IDK bro if someone was saying "the mongolians are chinese" or "the irish are german" you'd agree that'd be worthwhile to correct.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Dont Touch ME posted:

IDK bro if someone was saying "the mongolians are chinese" or "the irish are german" you'd agree that'd be worthwhile to correct.

No

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Dont Touch ME posted:

I dunno I'm pretty sure next time my Iraqi bud refers to himself as being Arab and from an Arab country he'd be pretty annoyed if someone Well Akshully'd him because he has the wrong haplogroup or something.

It's almost as if cultural and political identities can transcend genetics :thunk:

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

BRB going to call up the Arab League and tell them the better drat well kick out Egypt, Algeria, and Syria because a pendant on the internet says they got the wrong genes!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I dunno I'm pretty sure next time my Iraqi bud refers to himself as being Arab and from an Arab country he'd be pretty annoyed if someone Well Akshully'd him because he has the wrong haplogroup or something.

As a Lebanese tired of everything west and south of Greece as being referred to as "Arab", I will happily slap your friend with some trufax. I have no patience for that poo poo.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
How about that dang ol' North Korea in the GBS North Korea thread, huh

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dont Touch ME posted:

As a Lebanese tired of everything west and south of Greece as being referred to as "Arab", I will happily slap your friend with some trufax. I have no patience for that poo poo.

Ah, so we have a twist on the good old "Serb furious over which bit of clay should belong to which group of Albanians" scenario.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Nope. Nobody here is going to understand that reference.

Dont Touch ME fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

steinrokkan posted:

Ah, so we have a twist on the good old "Serb furious over which bit of clay should belong to which group of Albanians" scenario.

No, this is a very mundane "Dumb American thinks all brown people are the same" scenario.