Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
Punishment Bird is excessive retribution.

They are the prison-industrial complex basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.
Alternatively Punishing Bird are those public enforcers who use their position to bully the citizens. They walk into a store and knock over a display stand, you clean it up and keep out of their way. They mock you and shove your food onto the floor, you just sit there. They shove you out of the way or whack you with a club, you stay down. They grab what they want and leave without paying, you accept it.

You try to fight back...you dare to protest or strike them...the full weight of their wrath comes down, gun comes out.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
ABAB: All Birds Are Bastards
- Tenebrais, probably

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

SITB posted:

Punishment Bird is excessive retribution.

They are the prison-industrial complex basically.
I like this, because you've got to hit him for him to go super wild, otherwise he's just an annoying peck peck peck peck.

MajestyMastery
Mar 30, 2010
Hey, I just caught up with the thread and it's an amazing read. Also, with the down time, I just wanted to point out that the Neutral music really reminded me of the track from the Goonies soundtrack titled "Map and Willie" and I am now thinking about the crossover potential

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Judgment Bird isn’t even good at being a kangaroo court; the entire point of those is to get rid of people you don’t like and let go people you like, with just enough presentation at not being a kangaroo court for plausible deniability
If Judgment Bird ran a kangaroo court, it would immediately declare the accused guilty and execute them on the spot, and then also do so for the protestors, the defendants, the witnesses, the jury, the bailiff, and everyone else in the room.
For that matter, while being able to see everywhere and things the regular eye can’t see would be amazing surveillance for a dictatorship, Big Bird would not be the best spy because a good spy doesn’t come into the room of who they’re spying on in a blatant and obvious way and bite their head off.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Those birbs are the cutest :allears:

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

CHiRAL posted:

Those birbs are the cutest :allears:

floofy birbos

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Qrr posted:

ACAB - all cops are birds.

Cops are government drones, theory checks out.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Day 43: Story

Music: Ember

Do you realize this? The ones who were with us at the beginning are nowhere to be found among the people who remain here now. They are all gone. Because of the monitoring of the 'Eye', we couldn’t even give a proper burial to Kali and Daniel… This place here is all we have left.

….….

I wish to be your shadow, forever behind you, even if I am not good enough. May we be together, and fade away together.

Music: Strange Dream

I deemed you to be that chick, one that is too fragile to endure all of this. I have never known where it was you wanted to fly to, since you never told me. I was always nothing more than your student who needed your teachings. You were always so frugal with words.

The process of creation was too harsh, I could not help but run away. I could have run far enough that I would never see you again, but I did not. I tried to set everything right, and I was caught. Since then, the iron hands that govern me have stopped permanently.

In fact, I vaguely knew that the end was nearing. However, I was simply too afraid to face the final outcome, and instead chose to stay here forever and ever. I may have been verbose with my reasons for attempting to stop you, but to be truthful…

Nevertheless, I should support your decision.

Like everyone else, Hokma gets some static before we see his true form.

Unlike everyone else, he goes through a midway change.

May we embrace glory together, for back then we could not. Grant the proper end to those locked up here, and to yourself.

In summary: We remember old times with Benjamin, where he reminds us that Angela isn't and will never be Carmen. In the present, Hokma acknowledges that he was scared to leave our side again, and decides to follow after us like he always has. We aquire The Eye Embracing the Past; Building the Future, and the Seed grows to 80%.

Ah yes, Manager. There is one more thing.

Day 43 Story

Really don't understand why you have to go through that every time. I've already heard it once.

The script is absolute, Manager. If I didn't follow it, we couldn't proceed properly.

I guess that's true…

Eighty percent… After so long, it almost doesn't feel real.

On a related note, it would be helpful if you could successfully provoke Binah as well. She needs to have a meltdown like the others if we are to proceed.

I get that, but… do I have to?

You do.

Uuuuugh. I just don't get her. She's like… talking to moss. I can't provoke moss. It's just there! Watching me!

Nonetheless, this is what you must do, A.

I'll give it a shot, but no promises.

Next time, on Lobotomy Corporation: Getting rewarded for doing stupid things.

:sigh:

Chiral? Aren't you supposed to be in extraction?

Needed a break. The work we do down there is… Eugh.

That bad, huh?

The only reason the boss can deal with it is because she's gone off the deep end long ago.

Which one?

Yes. :rolleyes: That leaves me to translate what they're talking about for our clerks, which isn't really all that easy. I'm basically acting manager without anyone paying me extra for it.

Oof, that sounds tough. Well, at least you're indispensable?

I guess there's that, but that only lasts until I wind up going the same way as them.

Mmmaybe a hobby would help? I have a suggestion...

This sounds like I'm about to get pulled into a zany scheme.

Oh, no, it's nothing like that. Twee and I were talking about finding players for a game yesterday. You wanna join?

...Why not? I'm in. When is it?

We were thinking about having the first session tomorrow after work? Just bring snacks... Or beer.

Done. See you there.

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!
As always, your writing remains excellent :allears:

Also, I can't wait to see what Binah's deal is all about.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
"I wish to be your shadow, forever behind you" is what I tell all my bros too.

Nice going, Benjamin!

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

TeeQueue posted:

It's time for a emergency Q&A translation update. Remember how I mentioned there were only 5 abnos that came from outside the facility? That was apparently based on a complete mistranslation of a Q&A Session, text supposedly here:

The relevant question is the second one:

"Q: Are there any Abnormalities from outside?
A: There is one. What 'outside' means is important. It's still difficult to talk about."

Wording implies there's only one but could plausibly mean more.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

limeicebreakers posted:

A: There is one. What 'outside' means is important. It's still difficult to talk about."

Consider if LoB Corp is the Abnormality from outside then all the others stem from them.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
More pressingly I can’t even say for sure if that transcript is accurate or paraphrasing.

The main takeaway from that whole shebang is that we don’t know how many came from outside, but it’s between one and all of them.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

DimiPZC posted:

As always, your writing remains excellent :allears:

Also, I can't wait to see what Binah's deal is all about.

I did Binah's suppression first, and found hers more difficult.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Binah literally already destroyed the facility once and still got captured and robo'd. What more could she possibly throw at us?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Slaan posted:

Binah literally already destroyed the facility once and still got captured and robo'd. What more could she possibly throw at us?

Find out next time on Lobotomy Corporation Z!!!!!!!

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Slaan posted:

Her meltdown is just giving a quick call to the Head.

You thought one Arbiter was bad? Now deal with all of them.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Benjamin :( :sympathy:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

it's notable out of all the Sephriot, Hokma and Binah from wha we gather from Hod's and Gebura's story is not here because of Carmen. Benjamin followed A, and Binah did try to wipe us out.

Everyone else was more or less recruited by Carmen.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Are we sure Binah has anything left to suffer a meltdown?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Dear Binah,

Your bucket smells bad.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

the Orb of Zot posted:

TeeQueue posted:

But you never know. The yearning for blood could wax once again, for it is simply sealed, not uprooted.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

the Orb of Zot posted:

If there's one thing I know A can do, it's piss people off.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Binah is gonna go rogue just cause she feels like it I bet, yeah. :hmmyes:

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Can we take a moment just to appreciate Boxma's monocle? It's amazing.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

She’s going to take one look at how all the other Sephirah snapped and tried ruining everything, note how they all failed miserably, and go “this is how you destroy L-Corp, amateurs”

Core suppression is probably either going to be ordeal spam (kill every midnight at once!), mass abnormality breaches (since they didn’t do that with Gebura), or she just tries to kill everyone herself and we either have Tenebrais solo her or just hide in the shelter and wait for White Night and Apocalypse Bird to solve the problem for us.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

my guess is, since her department is all about getting new abnos, her ordeal will be unleashing a bunch of abnos not in the corp already, all the ones you skipped at the end of the days, just rampaging, unresearched. maybe specially coded to bring in ones you memory reposited away

Mecha_Face
Dec 17, 2016

Arcvasti posted:

Can we take a moment just to appreciate Boxma's monocle? It's amazing.

First thing I looked for on him was if the monocle was still there.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Solitair posted:

I did Binah's suppression first, and found hers more difficult.

I didn't find her as bad, but I depended a lot on pausing for micromanagement so Hokma was like the worst possible thing for me.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

Do you realize this? The ones who were with us at the beginning are nowhere to be found among the people who remain here now. They are all gone. Because of the monitoring of the 'Eye', we couldn’t even give a proper burial to Kali and Daniel… This place here is all we have left.
I was being coy about it earlier because I wasn't sure if the third part of the Head had been mentioned in-story yet and didn't have a good way to double check, but now that the Eye has definitely been brought up I can safely say that Apocalypse Bird is in fact not just a representation of government, but specifically this setting's government - it's a monstrous personification of the Head, formed from the Arbiters as Judgement Bird, the Eye as Big Bird and the Claw as Punishing Bird. And as one can probably surmise from the snippets we've received so far, life on the surface isn't exactly pleasant under their rule.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
The Birds be as simple as the ABCs~

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Slaan posted:

Evil Kit posted:

Find out next time on Lobotomy Corporation Z!!!!!!!

So what you're saying is, Binah is going to get chumped by a time traveller who will tell us about a new threat?

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

GilliamYaeger posted:

I was being coy about it earlier because I wasn't sure if the third part of the Head had been mentioned in-story yet and didn't have a good way to double check, but now that the Eye has definitely been brought up I can safely say that Apocalypse Bird is in fact not just a representation of government, but specifically this setting's government - it's a monstrous personification of the Head, formed from the Arbiters as Judgement Bird, the Eye as Big Bird and the Claw as Punishing Bird. And as one can probably surmise from the snippets we've received so far, life on the surface isn't exactly pleasant under their rule.

Corp A
Corp B
Corp C

A(rbiter)
B(eholder)
C(law)

A
Benjamin
Carmen

A
Binah
Hokmah

Edit: I just want to say I love project moon's universe; there's a ton of thought into it and being able to get glimpses of it through what we see here in Lobotomy Corp (and eventually its sequel) is amazing. I'm looking forward to their two new games as well.

TalonDemonKing fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 27, 2021

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Elfface posted:

So what you're saying is, Binah is going to get chumped by a time traveller who will tell us about a new threat?

The time traveler is us, so yes?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Boxma's design is a thing of beauty. :allears:

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012

limeicebreakers posted:

Answer is obvious. We recruited Mizu from outside, ergo she's the one abno PM mentioned.

Tatters
Jan 29, 2020
Is nobody going to bring up A's irrational fear of moss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hokma box