Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The food Obi puts on twitter and youtube looks good as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

id be down for a gtmv episode where they all just sample her food at the restaurant she works, slice of life gtmv/chocopro is sometimes the best stuff from there

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

This show is intense from the beginning with the pencil/otoki match. I was expecting more comedy from that match and while there was comedy, they really went hard in their match.Up to Makoto/Mitsuru vs Ryo/Hanako tag and this shows been full of bangers so far.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I want this show to be hosted by basically everyone who was at the show yesterday plus Yoneyama and Riho. Just a phalanx of wrestlenerds and their mom piling into Obi's restaurant

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

The food Obi puts on twitter and youtube looks good as hell

She often brings some to Dropkick after the restaurant closes. It's good.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

God drat Ryo Mizunami is just so cool

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Punching through a heart-shaped balloon is an incredible spot.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Emi spent a substantial part of their chat stream today trying to learn how to do The Rock's catchphrase and eyebrow.

She got....close

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I know she's retired but they should get Aoi to be the all-times referee whenever possible from now on. Her enthusiasm was so awesome.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I don't know if Aoi Kizuki does it but Gatoh Move does have some retired ex-wrestlers that referee/ring announce every so often: if you go back to the shows that had fans you'll see Seina (Riho's older sister) show up every so often as a referee years after she retired.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Aoi is there a lot

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

SAKI is also someone who is clearly so happy to be on the show that it jumps off the screen.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

ChocoPro Live #42 which will be happening in 8 hours and 40 mins will be short & sweet:

Tokiko Kirihara vs Emi Sakura
Mei Suruga vs SAKI

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

And related to Gatoh Move, Akki is on AJPW's Sunday show. It's not live but will be on demand on AJPW TV

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Really good match between Mei and Saki and I think I see some heel tactics from Mei in pulling the hair and in not letting Apple Mutilation go so quickly, though regardless of all that, she's been putting on some great matches this season.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Mei's frustrations starting to boil over will be a great story when they have her finally explode.

It's amazing she only has two years in because she does not look out of place with all of these wrestlers who have 8 years or more experience.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Good show + very excited about Lulu Pencil vs Honda

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the only wrestling you can be proud of

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Neodoomium posted:

It's amazing she only has two years in because she does not look out of place with all of these wrestlers who have 8 years or more experience.

There was this run from mid 2018 to mid 2019 (starting with Mei actually: Yunamon debuted first but it took her a bit longer to find her feet I think) where there was just this continual, constant flow of Joshi rookies who debuted, were almost immediately great and it ruled: you had Mei in Gatoh Move, Utami Hayashishita in Stardom, the three Marvelous rookies, Suzu Suzuki in Ice Ribbon; probably some others I've forgotten. Its worth searched on their YouTube channel to watch some of her early matches: they have a load of them on there including some very early stuff (her debut against Emi is up plus a lot of other matches they had, her second match was against Mitsu and that's there; matches against Riho and Command Bolshoi from the first couple of months as well plus they put up a pre-debut Exhibition Match that's really interesting since its weeks after she started TRAINING). That's actually a thing about Mei: the gap between her starting with Darejo and debuting in Gatoh Move was nothing, it was a couple of months at most between her starting to train and her debut match. Was a really interesting time to follow: following rookies from day 1 is one of the best bits of Joshi and that run was great because there were just so many at the same time.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Mei overslept and was three hours late to the SummerSlam watch party. This did not bother Emi.

What bothered Emi is that Mei had eaten the leftover soup she was hoping to reheat today.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Neodoomium posted:

Mei overslept and was three hours late to the SummerSlam watch party. This did not bother Emi.

oh god she looks so sleepy when she first appears. loool

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Neodoomium posted:

What bothered Emi is that Mei had eaten the leftover soup she was hoping to reheat today.

Is there more if a face mood than sleeping through most of a WWE show? I think not

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Mei on Twitter is asking you to recommend your favorite matches and where to watch them... so go share, please.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

TV Zombie posted:

Mei on Twitter is asking you to recommend your favorite matches and where to watch them... so go share, please.

new_jack_vic_grimes_2.wmv

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Recommend Ice Ribbon matches

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2TS3E_gGp0

Not only did they un-graduate Fujita, they recorded a sweet hype video for his Deathmatch Heavyweight Title match tomorrow.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

SOUP UPDATE: Mei did not eat Emi's soup, she put it away nicely. Emi then spilled it all over the inside of the fridge.

Also they gave Mei a Red Bull and you can probably guess what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIs3iy0DHq4

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

there's a ChocoPro show tomorrow at 8pm JST/12 midday BST/7am EDT (announced yesterday when they released that they were talking about a show that they'd never announced a date or time for) that's going to be the first ChocoPro ring show, and therefore the first ChocoPro show not to be in Ichigaya Chocolate Square. It will also feature the ChocoPro debut of Chie Koishikawa.

Card is:

Emi Sakura + Lulu Pencil vs Sayaka Obihiro + Chie Koishikawa
Yuna Mizumori vs Hagane Shinno
Chris Brookes + Mitsuru Konno vs Mei Suruga + Baliyan Akki

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Chie has more energy than Mei, which is amazing. They were joking that the only two people who can outshine Mei are Chie and Aoi and I think that is a fair assessment.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Updated card for first ring show for ChocoPro

[Update]
ChocoProLIVE! #44
Konno Mitsuru suffered an Ankle injury in practise & won't be participating today. #ChocoPro #ddtpro #AEW

New Match Card
Mei & Sakura VS Chie & Obihiro

Chris Brooks VS Lulupencil

Shinno Hagane VS Yuna Mizumori

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Brookes vs Lulu: The battle between the two lankiest people on the roster

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Akki said he was probably fine to wrestle today, but pulling Mitsuru gave them an opportunity to rest his shoulder as well.

He mentioned that this is a particularly expensive show to put on (presumably renting HEAT UP's ring), so if y'all typically give them money they could use an extra donation. I didn't need the signed photo so I just sent them the 2750 yen they asked for on paypal.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That reminds me, now that I finally have money I can support them on Patreon.

Ahh I’m horribly behind, didn’t even have the chance to watch Lulu vs Honda yet and won’t be able to watch today’s show until much much much later.

Emsee
Jun 17, 2005
Hmm...
The stream starts about 10 mins from now ( at 7am EDT), if you want to watch it live.

ChocoProLIVE! #44

It should be an awesome show.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Card revised, new main event:

Lulu vs. Chris Brookes in a match for her Pencil Army cap.

Brookes says he'll burn it when he wins.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Why is there a second stream?

Emsee
Jun 17, 2005
Hmm...

TV Zombie posted:

Why is there a second stream?

It seems like there was some kind of technical difficulty at their end during the Yunamon match.

The new steam is https://youtu.be/_DNFY8Nua7g if you need it.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I really enjoyed the main event and being in a big ring works to Lulu Pencil's advantage.

She thrives being in a hold and the Chocolate Square mat makes it just a little too easy to escape.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Honda vs Lulu Pencil is match of the century

Boy, pro wrestling is quite the art form, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i got my mei suruga shirt and i am happy