Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MY GOD THE WHOLE 4TH GEN IS SPONSORED

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Season 6 starting on February 27th and Best Bros potentially dropping the belts might be an indication of the tournament, but we'll know on Monday anyway.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Chie's energy is unbelievable. She is probably going to be jumping till that title match with Best Bros.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:catstare:

Akki managed to find the DVD copy of Emi Sakura vs. Riho (Riho's farewell match from Gatoh Move) that he talked about during the tournament preview talk with Mei Suruga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa04bka2c6o

(it's still premiering now, but it should be just a video once the match is over.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
If you want an easy to find guided tour of Ichigaya Chocolate Square, the falls count anywhere match between Mei Suruga and Ryo Mizunami is up as it's own video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQjKKGKNLko

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Double post but remember to vote in the ChocoPro awards:
https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1363137322942746627

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 21, 2021

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1363518081788690436

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

She tries again later:

https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1363507028493099014

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

OH poo poo

https://twitter.com/chie_gtmv/status/1363749701229506565

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Chie-DK is a confirmed heel faction.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Season 6 is going to be absolutely carried by this doughnut eating angle

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Starting my push for MVP Chie already

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
MVChie

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Karmic please rename this thread to Gatoh Move/ChocoPro: MVChie

edit: also please give this thread a suitable thread tag of your choosing

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 23, 2021

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Thank you. Now that I am drunk with power someone please throw a MOTYC vote toward Best Bros/Emi & Veny to get them to 7 and on the board

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

What were the results for this seasons awards?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

You're a good ChocoPal.

MVP was Mei again
Gif was Mitsuru's streamers
Episode was the Mitsuru Retirement Show
Quote was "If it's us 11, we'll make it" by Mitsuru
Song was Cruel Angel's Thesis (sung by Yunamon)
Match was Best Bros vs TropiCalamari

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Hey, ChocoPro thread.

Yunamon debuted on AEW yesterday.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

karmicknight posted:

Hey, ChocoPro thread.

Yunamon debuted on AEW yesterday.

Just a week after chie and lulu also debuted

Akki was also spitballing on the livestream this morning about potentially having the three apple queens show up as a regular unit in aew one day, with Mei and Yunamon as a dedicated tag and Emi as a solo leader. Probably not happening anytime soon, but I think that would be a great way to bring Emi back strong and introduce Mei in a spot that gives her some time to ease into aew.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

With the potential of some people going over to AEW for a bit, I wonder about the future of chocopro/gatoh move.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I get the feeling chocopro will continue in some form no matter what, since all you need is a mat and a camera. Either it comes to America with Emi, or the folks remaining in Japan take the reigns while she’s gone. She could also theoretically still book it from afar, she just wouldn’t be able to appear herself.

I’m curious what would happen to her trainees if Emi took an extended trip to the US. Do you just have folks like Masa, hagane and Honda take over their training? I don’t know too much about wrestling training but it seems like it would be tough to switch trainers for an extended period.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shida was going back to japan every month to do makai before the pandemic and emi would be in the US considerably less often so i dont think its much to be concerned about really

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Masa Takanashi being back from his injury would help as well since he always played a strong role in Gatoh Move; both in ring and behind the scenes.

I think it was January 2020 when they announced a big shakeup of roles within the promotion; I assume because Emi wanted a structure there when it looked like she might be working the US relatively often. Masa was always the number 2 but basically he was in charge of the shows when Emi wasn't around; Mei was put in charge of training (impressive since she'd debuted like less than two years before but she played a big role with the 2019 generation of rookies) and I think Yunamon and Mitsuru had roles as well but I can't fully remember and the pandemic made it all irrelevant anyway. If ChocoPro carries on long term (I wonder about that especially when they can run with fans again but who knows) its very unlikely that the three would be in the US permanently or for a very long time and to cover the gaps Masa, the rookies and their usual gang of outsiders could cover the gaps pretty well I think.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

If chocopro does end once they can run regular shows again I hope they at least keep the janken tournaments. I’d also love if they kept live streaming their shows but I can understand why they might not want to do that if they’re trying to sell tickets.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

IceAgeComing posted:

If ChocoPro carries on long term (I wonder about that especially when they can run with fans again but who knows) its very unlikely that the three would be in the US permanently or for a very long time and to cover the gaps Masa, the rookies and their usual gang of outsiders could cover the gaps pretty well I think.

ChocoPro looks like it's been a large success outside of just keeping the lights on (Emi was saying it's proved to be the solution to her eternal problem with Gatoh Move, and maybe even Ice Ribbon, how to remain small while getting big). I suspect that ChocoPro will become the Ichigaya show with no to small audiences and the in ring shows with audiences will be branded Gatoh Move.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I wish that some of the women in the AEW tournament would come to ChocoPro

*wish granted*

https://twitter.com/Mei_gtmv/status/1364777341486985218?s=20

NOT LIKE THIS.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The way Mei phrases it seems like she's going to let Yunamon handle Aja Kong.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Also :tviv: this loving rules.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

karmicknight posted:

The way Mei phrases it seems like she's going to let Yunamon handle Aja Kong.

Hello, I'd like to report a murder.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

Hell yeah, can’t wait for aja to copy otoki’s janken strategy of “just punch the other person”

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Hell yeah, can’t wait for aja to copy otoki’s janken strategy of “just punch the other person”

AJA KONG IS GOING TO BE THE JANKEN TOURNAMENT

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I need to see Aja interact with Lulu in some way

Ideally she would immediately adopt Lulu as an apprentice and then we get LuluKong

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AjaPencil

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Neodoomium posted:

I need to see Aja interact with Lulu in some way

Ideally she would immediately adopt Lulu as an apprentice and then we get LuluKong

aja forming a stable with lulu and raku is one of my hopes for the future.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

AJA ROLL is a thing I'm yelling intermittently nowadays

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Aja would look quite stylish in a pair of dungarees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

uracrayon