Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Cute ref allows cute international objects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Ref Mei pay attention to the match, this is no time to chat!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Real Camera and LULU spotted!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Love that Chei's adding a little bit of fencing flourish to her movement

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Nice sequence!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Lol amazing from knees up to sit up

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
It's amazing that this has been almost entirely Chie and Rin Rin offense almost entirely focused on Emi.

Even if they lose, they've been booked strong.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
That splash from Emi looked like it hurt!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Great match with a good finish

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Now we enter the land of all inter-gender.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

fez_machine posted:

Now we enter the land of all inter-gender.

Nope we get the Heat-Up offer match first

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Does Heat up usually do inter gender or are they usually 100% men?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Does Heat up usually do inter gender or are they usually 100% men?

As far as I can tell inter-gender is very rare, in as much as every match card I looked at doesn't feature it.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Nothing but respect for my president.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Nice to see the Chie fan here as well.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
poor lulu on the treadmill

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol ref camera

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Nice Tamura plugs his own promotion/training at the dojo

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Hope Emi’s arm is ok

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Posting from 45 minutes in the past:
Akki is so good at making a match sound exciting

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Akki is very good at speaking, yes. I am super excited for That's J-PW.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

CHOCOPRO #102/LULU PENCIL #96: 40 MINUTES OF FIRE AFTER THE CHRIS BROOKES PRODUCE
Today! Live On Youtube
Time: 11:30am (JST) / 3:30am (BST) / 7:30pm (PDT) / 10:30pm (EDT)

A delayed start time today to make space for the DDT English language focused Chris Brookes Produce Show 3 which will be airing on Wrestle Universe here: https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/videos/9757 @ 9:00 AM JST/6:00 PM EAST COAST
Game Day Thread

CBPS 3 matches of interest to CHOCOMANIACS

Chris Brookes vs. Mecha Mummy
Harashima vs. Akki
Men's Club (featuring Hagane) vs. tag team, The 37 Kamiina, and pin eater rookie Keigo Nakamura

Match Card from Super Fan Dogglesnake on Reddit

quote:

“Unbreakable” Lulupencil VS “Cold Killer” Hagane Shinno

Lulupencil is an absolute joy to watch. On the last episode, the Leader of the Pencil Army attempted to overthrow HEAT-UP's Big Boss TAMURA...leading to a tour of the building and a brutal defeat! (If you missed 101, an IN RING episode at the HEAT-UP Dojo, it is worth your time!) But you can't keep a Pencil down! Lulu wins over the hearts and minds of the audience with her burning passion for wrestling and truly unique presentation. How can she keep going up against such monsters? How can she keep getting said monsters to inevitably join her faction? Pencil Army is becoming a true threat, and the determination of its General is the driving force behind it. She might be weak, she might be slow, but Lulu Pencil has IT!

Her murderer this time is the icy “beauty” (old ChocoPro reference!) Hagane Shinno! The Cold Killer earned his epithet due to the emotionless devastation that he inflicts. Still undefeated in singles competition in ChocoPro, Hagane Shinno is a freelancer that has been reminding the wrestling scene of his acumen and overall prowess through savage beatings and nearly blurred strikes. Did you see him go all out against Yunamon? How about against DDT's Tetsuya Endo? What a match! The silent assassin is usually paired up with his loud mouthed and vibrant counterpart, Chie. While that team (EGG TART?) has yet to claim the belts that many believe they deserve...another belt might be waiting in Hagane's future...

What a team! TamTamRinRin reforms! How will the Best Bros adjust to this threat?

The Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga) VS TamTamRinRin (TAMURA & MC RinRin)

The Best Bros are back to full synergy. The Champion Team that brought us the “Dolphin Press” might seem untouchable, but all of their matches feature the same amount of drama and excitement that one would expect from such a high caliber pair. Baliyan Akki is the Zephyr of Ichigaya, the Ace of ChocoPro. His high flying infused skill set and all around capabilities (including a strong command of submissions!) make him a dangerous combatant. Mei Suruga is a Genius in the ring, with tricky pins (including the one that defeated HEAT-UP's elder statesman!) and ever shifting submissions that will drag her opponents to an Apple-flavored Hell unlike anything you've seen before! Together they sync up in order to produce stunning feats of nimble coordination akin to circus performers (circus performers that could beat you up!). Can anyone stop the ASIA DREAM TAG CHAMPIONS?

While this might not be for the titles, TamTamRinRin is sure gonna try! TAMURA is a veteran of Gatoh Move, the Big Boss of HEAT-UP, and a Shoot Style master. MC RinRin is a Fourth Generation Rookie with a bright future, a musical savant who loves several genres, and a sumo enthusiast with a flair for alternative fashion. Put these two together and you have yet another combination that only the Gatoh Move / ChocoPro universe could create: effective chaos! TAMURA is known for his dirty methods of winning (even though he clearly doesn't need to cheat, given his talent and power!) while RinRin is still working to show off her moveset after a long time away. Did you see those Sumo Strikes in the last episode? Akki couldn't defeat TAMURA in singles, and RinRin is now taller than Mei. We're in for a Best Bout contender for Season 6!

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 3, 2021

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Chris Brookes Produce 3 was great.

Chocopro starts in an hour

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Hope Emi’s arm is ok

welp

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
at least we're back in the comforting environment of Ichigaya

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
STARTO

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I love all the cameraman interference

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
the blocking on this camera work is great

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i'm so glad the awkward energy between these two has carried over from yesterday

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
ref staring straight at these closed fist low blows

that's chocopro

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Mei wins a 10 minute match, biffs horribly at rock paper scissors. "You suck, you have always sucked"

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

CHOCOPRO #103: CHOCO ELEVATION
LIVE TODAY ON YOUTUBE HERE
Time: 10am (JST) / 2am (BST) / 6pm (PDT) / 9pm (EDT)

Match Card curtsey of super fan Dogglesnake on Reddit HERE.

quote:

Baliyan Akki & Sayuri VS EGG TART? (Chie Koishikawa & Hagane Shinno)

If you're expecting the wild pairing of Akki & Sayuri to have a name, you're probably in for disappointment. While Baliyan Akki might be tremendously talented and agile beyond words, the names of his moves and teams are also mostly beyond words. In the span of one day, the Ace of ChocoPro managed to Main Event two shows (DDT's Chris Brookes Produce Show 3 & ChocoPro 102) while putting on a true spectacle in both. How can he be so good at such a young age? He'll be paired the Kunoichi (basically Female Ninja) of the Fourth Generation, Sayuri. Her tandem techniques with Chon Shiryu have grown in strength recently, as well as her overall win percentage! The ChocoPro Jutsu Master might be able to vanish and run across the wall, but that might not be enough to handle one of the most popular teams in ChocoPro's stacked tag division...

EGG TART? (It seems like we're still calling them that, even though it was hinted they were going to change it!) consists of two polar opposites. Chie Koishikawa is a ball of Too Much Energy, running amok at all times and delivering backhanded fencing chops. Hagane Shinno is a Cold Killer, a silent and emotionless death dealer that can lift you off your feet with his extreme speed strikes. Together, they somehow have total Synergy! What mysterious force could keep these two so balanced? Is the presence of Hagane's killer instinct causing that strange dark side to come out of Chie more often? What will become of the Haunting Hero if she keeps embracing it? (Though, Chie might be having an effect on Hagane as well...he was smiling in Ichigaya! Winter succumbing to Spring?)

“Genius” Mei Suruga VS “Unpredictable” Antonio Honda

Mei Suruga is one of the rising stars of the Joshi world. While she might only be starting to break through the barrier to the mainstream, Mei is definitely on her way. Her talent for complicated pins is a lost art, her use of feints is a throwback, and her creativity with submissions seems to have no bounds. But is the Apple girl a bit...rotten? She has taken to taunting her opponents once again, slapping the heads of Veterans after defeating them, and even stealing colorful puffs (See last episode)! I suppose there is a reason that she is called “Red Devil” and uses the finisher “Lucifer”! It doesn't usually come out this much, though! While Akki's cool mentality is usually able to balance out her more “goblin” aspect, the success of the Best Bros seems to be propelling her toward something more akin to another Mei I've seen lately...but an echo of her past has arrived to bring back her sweetness! (Possibly by comparison!) Before the Best Bros, there was Apple & Honey...

Antonio Honda, the other half of Apple & Honey, is anything but sweet. He might seem like it at first, but then he will confuse the ref and perform violent comedy on his opponents! (Not to mention, he has an ancient fox spirit ally...) Anton is unpredictable in every way. His sense of comedic timing is up there with the greats, but his wrestling ability is shockingly high as well. Some of the situations he has created are my favorite moments of the series so far. Anton's antics make the world a better place! Honda's ability to bend the rules of reality (not to mention the rules of Ichigaya) to suit his needs makes him very difficult to defeat in singles action. Even Akki couldn't do it! If Mei were to be able to pull this off, tension could return to the Best Bros...but is that even a possibility? Look! A UFO!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's ChocoTime

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Let's gooooooooooooooooo

Chocolate

Professional

Wrestling

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
two injuries :(

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Hagane having to restrain Chie from going first is one of my favourite bits in chocopro

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

fez_machine posted:

Hagane [...] is one of my favourite bits in chocopro

Same, #2 behind Chie.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

"Get up Mei get up...you know what stay down, I don't care if you lose"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

That Antonio Honda match was awesome. He really laid in those chops!