Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Emi and Honda being the really cool Aunt and Uncle letting the kids play wrestling while Brookes exerts the biggest brother energy is probably my favorite regular wrestling show right now. I've missed a bunch of Dynamite shows because it's not live anymore, I've almost entirely stopped watching RAW and Smackdown, but I'll still watch Choco Pro whenever I see it pop into my feed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lamuella posted:

Chris Brookes is a vaguely misanthropic human who got dragged into a world of wrestling hobbits.
Anytime I see Chris Brookes around other people he looks like he's seven foot tall, but apparently he's only 6'5 which is barely taller than I am

Then again I've met Adam Cole at Indie shows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Td2CTuiVY

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

J-Ro posted:

A helpful roster page is right here. The answer to the second question is Ryo Mizunami (wait 'till you get to her singles match against Sakura), and she's coming back on the 3rd.
She was also in the six-woman Joshi Showcase at AEW's Double of Nothing :eng101:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Akki and Mei have started their own YouTube Podcast in mixed languages, already promised for episode two is Akki bringing over Indian spicy food to make Mei cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drnwv1jOAho

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Do you think Quackenbush keeps kicking himself over the success of Choco Pro becoming what he wanted CHIKARA to always be

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

I love that it doesn't matter who you put across from her, Mei-chan WILL get you to wrestle her style of match eventually
I was just down a rabbit hole and found Mei vs Jazz from EVE last year, and Mei managed to break Jazz of all people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbi2MnPmz3E

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's going to be incredible if Maki Itoh makes it to Choco Pro to fight Mei over the right to be Chris Brookes tag-team partner with neither of them trying to admit they like Brookes. For Mei, he's an annoying older brother and for Itoh, he's her underling

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/hahaaaanmax/status/1268913564015751168

:allears:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

It would be amazing if GTMV/Choco was even referenced or shown on AEW TV or AEW Dark to signal boost it

"Hey, one of our wrestlers runs a promotion in Japan that is responsible for two of our three women's world champions and has spirit and heart"
I feel like part of this is only happening because of the COVID issues. ChocoPro kind of rose up because nobody were running wrestling shows, and AEW wasn't able to bring in much outside talent. When things get back to normal I absolute believe that Gatoh Move/ChocoPro are going to get massive pops when they debut in AEW.

AEW fans are the type who just watch all kinds of wrestling. When Big Swole debuted in a rumble match, people were popping huge for her and I'd never seen or heard about her before. Emi & Mei vs Ford and Baker would be a ton of fun to see on Dark and you KNOW Excalibur would put them over.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I saw the Watch Along version of it, and Akki explained "Lulupencil actually forgot how to give up and kept waving her fingers no instead of tapping out until someone told her to just scream "I give up"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

anybody tweeted a primer for the show tonight or anything? or is it pretty standalone since they just did the big yunamon blowoff
Riho is on the show, that's a good enough reason to tune in.

Riho & Yuna Mizumori vs Mei Suruga vs Baliyan Akki is the main

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

Emi has "QUEEN" written on the back of her t-shirt :allears:
And it has nothing to do with royalty, she just really likes the band :allears:

Also lmao at Lulu being an inch away from a break but not realizing all she has to do is extend her arm like, 5cm to do it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm saddened but not surprised by the loss of EmiPencil but it's now time for Mei

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Mei/Yunamon/Akki might be the best three independent wrestlers in Japan.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

It's live RIGHT NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD1JlMl5VPQ

Mitsuru made them do an extra long squatting song for MIND GAMES
The second I tuned in, Akki accidentally smacked Lulu's leg into a light fixture but thankfully, it's the one that has already been broken like four times.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The idea is great, but let me pitch you the idea that for some reason there's controversy with the endings of some of the matches so they decide to send the winner of the Janken tournament so Lulu makes it to AEW and gets a title shot despite still never winning a single match

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

ASUKA really is one of the best new stars in recent years, the single light-tube death match was an all-timer.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Brookes vs Lulu: The battle between the two lankiest people on the roster

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

LuluPen doesn't have an ounce of body fat on her. She also doesn't have an ounce of muscle in her body. She's just skin and bones and that's why I love her, she's just a normal girl who got off her freelance writing job and joined a wrestling company and every time she messes up in a match (Like forgetting the signal to give up in a match so she kept wagging her finger no because in her mind "Do you want to continue = wagging my finger no) makes her even more enduring

Once the pandemic is over I hope Lulu and Leva Bates can have a program in AEW where they also both go win-less for a year but instead of a heated feud where they're both counted out, they're both nice people who keep insisting the other win the match and do silly spots in-between until it reaches a time-limit draw

e: Mei is now a fairy butterfly :allears:

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 20, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

AEW vs Choco Pro! Riho & Emi Sakura vs Yunamon and Mei!

The promo for this is amazing because even though Emi started Choco Pro she's promoting AEW anyway because it's international and Chocopro isn't even regional

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

It sounds like they sincerely have nothing better to do given that they force themselves to take Tuesdays off and even then both Akki and Mei have to consciously refuse to come in and stream something
Emi feeds them and that's pretty much all anyone needs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

It will probably be good for Mei to have Chie in the dojo with her

other than having to field noise complaints from the neighbors
Mei's been the adorable, but loud little sister in Gatoh for the longest time and giving her an equally loud and similar aged sister is the most dangerous thing for Emi's ability to rent out this building