Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm really glad I convinced my friend to go watch Gatoh Move when he was over in Japan for Wrestle Kingdom. Despite my envy.

I really appreciate how they don't really feel like a traditional pro wrestling company. Chris Brookes goofing on Mei for being so short never stops being funny. But mostly I just really value what Emi is doing as far as training people who would not traditionally get into wrestling, like Lulupencil. It's unique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

And there are some people who don't like wrestling.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

"You look like a tall can right?" is the sort of burn Chris Brookes will never recover from. Ideally when he returns to Britain the crowds will chant "TALL CAN" at him any time he wrestles.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Are we sure that's not a heel turn? Sounds to me like she's trying to steal Mei's best bro

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

oh but seriously I posted:

That's too much potatoes, Gatoh Move.

Apologies for this

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

oh but seriously I posted:

They loving finished them. Hyped for the Super Chonk Open-the-Carb-Gate Championship

Pretty sure Ben-K is already making a play for that title.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

How many potato smileys could he eat?

Judging by how he has apparently decided to steal Ishii's build during lockdown I'd guess all of them

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Insertnamehere31 posted:

The 4 person chain submission and lulu just wedging herself between Mei and Mitsuru were fantastic spots.

This was my first time seeing ASUKA in action, and I definitely agree that she is :coal: as gently caress.
Feel it is obligatory at this point to recommend ASUKA vs Akito 1 light tube deathmatch from last year.

https://youtu.be/GSrH4TuKq1I

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

And related to Gatoh Move, Akki is on AJPW's Sunday show. It's not live but will be on demand on AJPW TV

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

Mei overslept and was three hours late to the SummerSlam watch party. This did not bother Emi.

What bothered Emi is that Mei had eaten the leftover soup she was hoping to reheat today.

Is there more if a face mood than sleeping through most of a WWE show? I think not

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Akki has come in as a late injury replacement on today's All Japan show, tagging with Yusuke Okada against JIN.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Insertnamehere31 posted:

For those of us that don’t follow all japan, is that a big deal?

Well, it implies he'll be around All Japan enough to be in a group with Yoshitatsu, Yusuke Okada and IIRC Seigo Tachibana. But no, it's not a particularly important group. Yoshitatsu seems to just be pressganging people into it, it's weird

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I've honestly found it much harder to be invested after the crowds went, far more than any other promotion I can think of.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

I don't follow Choco week to week and was hyped up for a minute at the thought of Lulu taking on Ol' Ironhead. Alas, it was a lesser Fujita

No way to describe BJW Death Match Champion Minoru Fujita. Honestly love seeing the weird and wonderful of Japanese indies that show up from time to time. IMO LuluPencil should join Tokyo Gurentai.

This had been the first Gatoh Move I've seen in ages entirely got the main event. (Tho first time Minoru turned up in ChocoPro I got my Minoru's confused and was expecting Minoru Tanaka) it's good content

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Akki is doing a cooking stream in 11 hours and the display picture on YouTube is making me hungry

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Just seen the card for Christmas Day Gatoh Move

Tag Team Match (20 Min Time Limit)
Obihiro Sayaka & Emi Sakura VS Chie Kishikawa & Chris Brookes

Christmas Death Match (20 Min Time Limit)
Lulupencil VS Antonio Honda

Main Event
"BestBros" Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga VS Yuan Mizumori & Hikaru Sato

Sato in GatohMove rules. Last time he wrestled for them at Chocolate Square was 2017. I need to watch his recent match vs ASUKA from YMZ's recent return (also ASUKA please come back to Gatoh Move too)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Boy am I glad Gatoh Move are here today because it's either watch this or sit as my dad watches Grateful Dead videos on Youtube.

Chris Brookes has a relatable energy level.

And he's made another hole in the ceiling.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 25, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

New Year Death Match from today's show early contender for match of 2021. Just sheer joy watching either very hungover or very tired Emi Sakura & Antonio Honda losing his mind over a mandarin. Exactly what you want.

Akki howling with laughter just makes it so much better.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

Minoru Fujita is wearing full Pencil Army gear! Lulu has a (very ordinary, thin, leather) belt!

I nearly cried when she saw Minoru taking off his Big Japan belt & decided to take off her own belt in solidarity. God drat Gatoh Move is pitch perfect sometimes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I flit in & out on Gatoh Move but gotta say that they've started this year with a bang with the show yesterday & now tomorrow's show is confirmed to have Emi Sakura vs Minoru Fujita singles match!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

a cyborg mug posted:

That dive onto the stools is legit the craziest spot I’ve seen today and I just watched Naito vs Ibushi

It was loving mental. You can sort of see why Emi was maybe a little mad at Fujita, that was a lot of broken stools.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

inthesto posted:

I've decided to finally start watching ChocoPro, and I think Trans Am Hiroshi is my new hero

Sounds like you should be watching Pro Wrestling BASARA then, as that's his home promotion.

(And more importantly Fuminori Abe's. Speaking of Abe, Gatoh Move feels the only indie he doesn't work. Should sort that out.)

Oh, he did actually work for them last year, tagging with Rin Rin vs Emi and Masa.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

I legit thought it was because of the pandemic

it sucks they're no longer making tape now that they're separate from DDT

I was hoping it'd be a TJPW or NOAH type deal, officially separate but still producing stuff to watch

oh well there's still 3 years worth of events to watch on Wrestle Universe

Edit: cagematch says they're putting stuff on NicoNico but that's hard to call easily accessible

Some of their stuff also makes SamuraiTV which generally makes it easier to find on various foreign tube sites. Like BASARA 146: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1nv411e7vy

I will say it's a fairly non-essential show, Abe is in a squash. But there's a match between 2 guys with Ryu in their name for the rights to the name Ryu so.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

Dumb question, but I see titles on the line for ChocoPro now, are they going to be a long-running thing or just something for ChocoPro 100?

The titles are actually belts that go back to 2016. The Super Asia Title was only ever held by Riho & was vacated when she left, Asia Dream Tag Titles were won by Emi & Yonemama just before ChocoPro launched (the 2nd last Gatoh Move show with fans)

PURE-J title is the singles belt of the promotion PURE-J

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 26, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm glad everyone has come to appreciate 2AW star The Andrew King CHANGO

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hope that's an elimination tag

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Can't believe we're getting the Asia Dream Tag Champions against the King of FREEDOMS Tag Champions.

Well that's a match I have to watch

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/lulupencil_gtmv/status/1396503516445741057?s=20

In this house we support Lulupencil without question

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://youtu.be/GSrH4TuKq1I

This is the one light tube match between Asuka and Akito and it's one of the most ingeniously worked matches I've seen.

Of promotions that make tape she mainly wrestles for Diana (shows uploaded to their YouTube), Ganbare (shows uploaded to DDT/Wrestle Universe) & SEAdLINNNG where she is the current champ and has a cool Tag Team/stable too.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

In case anyone missed the Puro thread for some reason, Gatoh Move have a match on the Michinoku Pro Korakuen show which happens next Friday. It is the rare Michi Pro to make tape, on the 12th June, so if you want a chance to see Best Bros vs Emi and Yuna at the mecca of Japanese wrestling, you can.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

karmicknight posted:

That's a great offer match. Where is it going to be available?

It's showing on SamuraiTV so it will end up on Youtube or Daily Motion or BilliBilli, probably within 24 hours of airing. I'll post the link, because I love to see the 2 Michi shows that make air every year (watch the Great Space War, it's the best loving lunacy)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

I was thinking of the regulars and if Sayuri can't go, then Rin Rin and Trans Am and Masa(if he's healthy) are missing from that tag team list.

Masa's comeback match is confirmed as being against Fuminori Abe on 13th July

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The idea of Chie under the influence is pretty scary

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

drat, I missed Unchain losing the Tag belts, clearly need to catch up on my Freedoms watching

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SAKAGUCHI AND ABE IN THE MOST ICONIC VENUE IN WRESTLING! HELL TO THE YEAH

(Also, Baliyan Akki has a date in All Japan this week, tagging with Yoshitatau)

And the SEAdLINNING show has ASUKA vs Aniki for the Beyond The SEA Title so that will rock.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Thought the thread would appreciate that on the 28/6 Big Japan show Minoru Fujita is proudly wearing the Super Asia championship belt before his 6 man tag Death Match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Chie Koishikawa vs Yuna Mizumori is a Gatoh Move offer match on the Ganbare Joshi show that airs on Wrestle Universe on the 17th

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/baliyanxakki/status/1431379809343475713?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Vincent posted:

This was the first Chocopro show I watched (hell, the first wrestling show I watched in years) and seeing a campatriot (AKARI) wrestle was the cherry on the sunday of fun wrestling. Consider me a fan now.

Which other Chocopro shows/matches are considered either essential or just plain fun?

ChocoPro #53, Mei Suruga vs Ryo Mizunami
#89 with Mizunami vs Yuna Mizumori and best of all ASUKA & Emi Sakura vs Best Bros
The Masa Takahashi Produce show from 13/7 is tremendous, Masa vs Abe, Neo Biishiki-gun vs Emi & Yuna, and Brookes & Sakaguchi vs Akki & Fujita

And that's without touching on the Brookes Lulupencil glory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Finding out that ovens are super rare in Japan pretty much destroyed even the fantasy of living in Japan. Ovens are essential.