Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gatoh Move is the greatest prowrestling obscured by bong smoke experience because its like two kids pushing the couches together and powerboming each other for 3 hours straight. Except the baby mama doesn't cuss you out for smoking in front of the kids again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Akki is mvp for getting murdered by Suzuki

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Show tonight at 11pmEST? I think the tweet said

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

even better!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Emi Sakura deciding to lend ChocoPro's popularity to AEW is a power move.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm cry laughing at the Mei/Honda match

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yo Akki/Yuna fuckin slaps

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Smoking Crow posted:

akki is a legit wrestler

Yuna too. She's so badass.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Emi Sakura is a wonderful weirdo I love her. She is a gay space communist icon.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

missed the show but I'm gonna see if I can talk Tanahashi into going on ChocoPro

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Can Okada cook tho

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its best we keep Kota away because I know he'll be smitten by Yunamon's ways

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I dunno how much of a cut that youtube takes on the donations but I donated $20 via youtube and that made them super happy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

watching the latest show and that triple threat fuckin whipped. Now I'm listening to a blown up Akki call Honda vs Sayaka(?)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that cross body into the wall just looks burly as gently caress no matter who's involved.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

just remember Yunamon has the best hair

https://twitter.com/tropicalyahho/status/1255833005714599936

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

When is the Yunamon last man standing match. Tonight at 2300 est?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lamuella posted:

Watching the Last Man Standing now.

I think my only issue with Choco Pro (and it's neither a major one nor simply solvable) is that the format can be a bit of a barrier to entry for new viewers. If you're already on board, then Akki giving a fifteen minute bilingual intro is charming and part of what you're there for. If you're not, it can be a little impenetrable at first. I could see people going "okay... what am I watching?"

for me the intro is perfect time to gather my snacks and adjust my surroundings to pleasant. Its a nice change from DONT LOOK AWAY WE MIGHT DO SOMETHING EXCITING that a lot of wrestling shows do.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Neodoomium posted:

Akki rules and I want to know more about him

same. I'm more or less convinced the entire chocopro crew lives in the same building as their venue. Akki shares an apartment with Honda and a common wall with Yunamon. Sometimes they tap to each other at night.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah when Emi mentioned she lives nearby in one of the interview vids. And since they've been using the same crew for the chocopro shows in the middle of the lockdown I assumed they are living nearby as well.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so is anyone gonna tell Cody(don't tell Cody)

watching the Last Man Standing match now

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh this match is about as insane as I'd imagine.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

What a loving match. Minoru Fujita would have broken me in 5 minutes flat. Yunamon is a badass. Book her big Emi.

e: omfg the post interview and the tournament

coconono fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 5, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

J-Ro posted:

Fujita trying his damnedest to cheer Yunamon up after her loss just to turn around and win the janken game was just too good (poo poo, hidden just in case someone wants to go in unspoiled).

Yeah seriously, the match was loving great. I didn't time but it was like 15 minutes plus of Yunamon doing her damndest to kill Minoru Fujita who goes from bemused to actually working hard because Yunamon is fuckin tank.

But the post segment was just as amazing. Just like the Suzuki show interview, you get some rampaging monster suddenly become very human. Fujita and Yunamon exchanging stories of woe and hardship was just as powerful as their match. I know that sounds dramatic but that's how excited this poo poo got me.

Fujita taking the Jankem tournament was either a happy accident or clever booking because either way it put him on the spot where he was obligated to book himself into a tag just to cheer up Yunamon, lol.

ChocoPro strongest AEW brand.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/crustyruffles/status/1260578624668864514

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

every episode is a treat to be savored so get fuckin comfy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yunamon 3:16 says I just pineappled your rear end

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Really excited for Yunamon to show up dressed like a mega man villain and defeat Mei with a single move.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Live crowd chocopro has Tony and Kenny trying to be as unobtrusive as possible

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

someone pour enough japanese in my brain so I can ask Yunamon to watch Super Hero Time with me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Emi Sakura sheepishly explaining her business to an irate housewife.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

J-Ro posted:

Come on, we all know she would probably talk that housewife into training.

LuLu Pencil origin story

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope he apologizes. I can understand when you're not in that country its super easy to make all these assumptions esp with how terrible the media coverage has been.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He personally apologized to me via DM we’re cool now

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/romacittaaperta/status/1267566062351966210

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m still ChocoPro for life. Antonio Honda is cool. He took the time to make it right.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wonder if Tony's lawyers alerted him or if someone snitched them out on twitter so Tony had a look-see.

either way, I hope it opened his mind to what wrestling could be.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pinwiz11 posted:

Don't trust anyone who doesn't like Choco Pro.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

eveyrone DM Antonio Honda and tell him to make the match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If you can't do that, close your mouth!
Do you understand my English?