Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Voted speech impediment, most precious duo Kevin/Charlotte, with ice valley girl Angela to round it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I'm on the fence about this game, and honestly the thing that'll tip me is if characters can use magic without having to go to the menu. It was definitely my biggest deterrent in the original, Secret of Mana, and Secret of Evermore, to which I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. But either way I'll be watching

Great news, you can bind spells to a quick-cast slot, and activate them just like the tech attacks!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hawkeye's more of a caster than Riesz. Once Riesz casts her buffs/debuffs, she's pretty much a weaker Duran.

And why are you worried about cast times when spells are more streamlined?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Kevin will always wear a fez to me :colbert:

His headgear does change as you change class, though. All his 3rd classes except the warrior monk are more bandana-y. Good thing I like group heals.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

It appears in all paths now

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Apparently they're good in other games, which were translated first

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

This game's story is exquisitely campy, and I don't understand anyone who doesn't appreciate the campiest character of all appweciate the campiest chawactew of aww.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The button to open it is literally 2 feet from the gate. I found this out after combing the upper area for a key like 3 times...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The stat system is much better this time, with nothing really being useless to any character. Even INT on Kevin/Duran buffs their CS attack. Also you get access to point resetting pretty early on.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Redo everything like last time or I attack Wendel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Bruceski posted:

I'm more disappointed they didn't put a big Lil' Cactus in there.

Yeah, I think this is my biggest letdown. They missed a golden opportunity there.