Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Great to you LPing the game. The Sin of Mana hack LP was fantastic. I'm so excited for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I didn't play Duran's part in the demo, and the flashbacks combined with the amazing soundtrack actually had me tear up a little bit.

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 23, 2020

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Yes, you could multi-target level 1 elemental spells in the original, but only after the first class change. So there's something to look forward to for you, very soon. Your party is level 16 after all already.

Also "these are somnosa flowers". What did you expect when you traveled to the "somnosa meadow", Riesz?

Anybody else curious where the koropokkur women are?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Trying to go for strength as Hawkeye is a mistake imho, dark Hawke is arguable the second best caster in the game, (closely) behind Angela.

Also: "I don't need to save(again)" right before the boss fight :downs:

Edit: By the way, right now you only have two debuffs: Water diversion and thunder diversion. Earth diversion is just pure damage.

Edit2: Decision Bell time, one of the best OSTs in the game.

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 09:41 on May 15, 2020

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

CptWedgie posted:

This and the mention of only working once brings a thought to mind: Why the hell does Laurent not deliberately expose themselves to the flowers to immunize themselves? That's a hell of a weakness to leave unaddressed.

If I were there, I'd suggest dragging all the new recruits to the somnosa meadow... as a hazing ritual, if that's what it takes to convince them. Or plant a somnosa garden in the castle. Or SOMETHING that results in mass immunization being standard.

Incidentally, I'm not sure if it's just implied or outright stated, but I'm pretty sure the ninjas used the flowers in their invasion, which also justifies why some of them didn't fall asleep: Those are the ones who actually delivered the spores into Laurent, so they're immune.

It's equally incomprehensible why the ninjas didn't immunize themselves after they took Laurent, but that's just one of many story loopholes. Why didn't Koren quickly finish off the Hero King? Why didn't the ninjas murder all amazons? There cannot have been that many amazons outside the castle. Instead the ninjas retreat for a bit, allowing a lot of the Laurentians to escape, and then they fully take the castle? Why do the beast men leave Jadd just because the Priest of Light put up a stronger barrier in the caves?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I continue to get more and more mad as you put points in anything but INT for Hawkeye. Leveling Stamina before Intelligence!

The "Lost Woods" mechanic was used in the original as well.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Magus outfit is very horny

Riesz has some outfits just as horny. I'm just glad that Charlotte always wears decent clothes.

At least there's a kind of balance, Duran and Kevin also have some pretty revealing outfits.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Goes into the Zable Fahr fight with four unspent training points for Hawkeye and Angela.

I'm reasonably certain Loki only showed up with Duran in your party in the original, too?

Awesome boss fight, and you did a good job. It was a joy to watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Yes, I thought His Dark Majesty sacrificed himself to summon the Darkstone from Mavolia. And they kidnapped Elliot so that he had a suitable host to possess after summoning the Darkstone. Isn't that how it happened in the original. Now I'm confused, too.