Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lance Archer absolutely needs to win this tournament. He won't be dead in the water if he doesn't but he'll be incredibly deflated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You don't spend this much time and effort setting up your vicious monster heel only to have him lose a mid card belt tournament to a roll up, that's some fed poo poo.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lots of wwe brain worms ITT

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Horny Gulak

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kenny could have dragged a good main event kicking and screaming out of Jake Hager, I'm sure of it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lenny Ogamer is maybe my favorite wrestler in the world. I hope they'll slot him into the main event eventually but I'm enjoying the Cowboy Bebop ride thoroughly. One has to imagine that he can be the world champion the moment he wants to be, so I'm fine with whatever he wants to do with his career going forward.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think the major disagreement here is conflating "this content doesn't please me" for "this is bad content objectively, people don't want to watch this, anyone defending this is a sycophant". There's absolutely nothing wrong with saying the former, the conflict were all having is that you framed your argument as the latter.

Like if you voiced an anti-Jimmy Jacobs argument and everyone jumped down your throat you'd have legs to stand on, but recognize that your take is an especially hot one.

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 24, 2020

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Can I ask why? I don't think my opinion is objective fact.

If i were to attempt to speak for the majority, I think a lot of people's problems stem from these two points:

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Not everybody follows New Japan and the indies. AEW often assumes everybody does, to its own detriment. One need only look at SCU to see a perfect example of this.

I gotta' tell ya', folks, it's borderline frightening how much people need to defend everything AEW does. I loving love the company and the show. In a big bad way. I look forward to Tuesdays and Wednesdays so much it's kind of gross. I'm allowed to not like a thing about a thing I love.

1.) the first paragraph is framing your personal opinion ("I find it frustrating that AEW assumes everyone has followed all of the people's careers") as an objective fact ("AEW assuming everyone has followed the careers of these wrestlers is a bad business strategy, it has hurt them as a company"). People are disagreeing (varying degrees of) respectfully but firmly.

2.) the second paragraph has a very obvious aggressive tone, framing others' disagreement as being them simply not being able to admit their home team has flaws. You have to admit that it's to some degree instigate-y.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm very happy that my wrestling show will continue to happen, hopefully with more of my favorite wrestlers each week.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I stand with Cody I stand with Tony. Semper All Elite.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I hope I get to see the Hangman soon

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If you're gonna bing it, use google

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You'll never get me to use a non-chrome browser, never

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Everyone should really be watching based as hell At The Drive In w/ Joe Bob Brigg tonight on shudder because our boy Jericho is gonna be on it talking about sleazy horror movies

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I stand with Joe Bob I stand with Jericho

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ah poo poo lmao, sorry I assumed he was just Jericho levels where he has dumb old guy opinions but is mostly harmless, not "writes white supremacist opinion pieces". I do not stand with this poo poo at all!

https://twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656?s=21

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dang, I watched last drive in for the first time last night and really liked it. I thought Joe Bob was just doing an off color Grandpa bit. I guess he's not! That sucks.

It sucks because that was an all timer episode last night.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ralphus Did Nothing Wrong. Neither of them.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like Luther

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

rantmo posted:

Kris Statlander is a good wrestler and also a very pretty wrestler.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I want a soft serve cone now

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There are much larger grievances in the world of wrestling, even in the world of AEW, than the dumb Luchasaurus bit that he hasn't done in months.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like his big kicks and his slow tope, and I like how much everyone in the group loves each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012