Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dynathoughts

Cody's cyber-office is amazing. Actually this whole promo is great. Refreshing and different.

Scorpio Sky's nipples are weirdly prominent.

Oh, okay, MJF's injury is an angle.

Jericho struggling for the word "environment" was great.

Darby/Sammy is always remarkable. I don't know if this was better than their absolute war at Revolution but this was wild as hell. The psychology of the lost boot was great. And poo poo, that grapevine pin of Darby's is deadly.

This isn't a prediction so much as speculation, but... what if Darby beats Cody in the semi final? It would tie their series again, be a really decent torch-pass from Cody, and move us from a predictable final to a wild card.

SAMUEL THE FALSE GOD!

I would love a Sammy/Hardy chaos match.

The switch from Damascus to Matt Hardy was great.

Wow, Omega is giving a lot in this match. Really letting Angels get his stuff in. Angels actually looks good in this squash.

The sports presentation in this Scorpio Sky package is a really good choice. Whoever wins the TNT title, Sky needs to be an early contender.

As Havoc's main fanboy on here, I'm glad to see this match.

Boo, we lost the homemade entrance video.

Wow, Havoc is dominating here and looking good. They're selling the sadism & submissions well.

gently caress, that Havoc sell on the top turnbuckle spot was nasty as hell. Jesus. This match is getting pretty good.

Cassidy's first singles win! Yay! And we set up for later Best Friends / Brit Boys matches. I'm not mad at it.

MJF promo. This mfer said MJeffs.

Hangnail is the obvious but fun way to go.

Cutie pie Lee Johnson is back. Sorry you're going to get murdered, cute guy. Wardlow is such a good monster. Fast and powerful and just looks great. He's got a snap on some of his moves that makes them look deadly.

There was a PUPPY in that Bubbly Bunch ad.

Revisiting the Dark Order vignettes. Hi Mr Brodie.

"How tall are you, how much do you weigh, did you play college football?" you rear end in a top hat.

Brodie Lee is so very good at this charismatic shithead stuff.

Enjoying the vicious Brodie squashes, but I want to see him face someone real. Oh, hi Marko.

Best Friends promo was outstanding. Trent is so dry.

Hi bubbly boys. Ortiz and his cuddly toys are great. Benji is great. Flim Flam! (not affiliated with TikTok).

Dustin / Kip is a really solid match. Kip has his working boots on tonight and has looked really good. Had the result we knew it would, but overall very watchable.

For a three-squash show, this was very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I get the feeling they're holding back on Judas cause they don't have a crowd to sing along to it

My memory is increasingly hosed: didn't they do some kind of thing where they had people send them videos of them singing along to Judas? Done right and with some clever editing you could make a virtual Judas choir.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I Before E posted:

It's Preston Vance, his name was on the screen

Yeah, but that's just the fake name Pop Will Eat Itself used for song credits.

Sorry, turns out that was Vestan Pance, never mind.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Wowsers, Vance has a good look but he's as green as his trunks.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

We've got four final options, and multiple ways of getting there. Each could, I think, produce a satisfying story.

The most obvious would be Cody vs Archer. Cody beats Darby, then has to watch while Archer demolishes his brother. Throw in some post-match sadism towards Dustin and you have the setup for Cody wanting, needing, revenge.

You could also do Darby vs Archer. Darby wins clean. Jake and Archer are furious they don't get Cody in the final, they underestimate Darby, Darby wins. Or Darby comes close, Archer wins, and demands a match with Cody. Either way the story between them goes on.

You could even do Dustin vs Cody again. Either through shenanigans (Archer interferes in Darby/Cody to guarantee he faces Cody, Cody interferes to make Archer lose) or just that's how it turns out. You could even have Archer bust up Dustin then walk away. Either way, immediately post Cody getting the title, Archer demolishes him, setting up their TNT title match.

And finally, the weird one. Dustin vs Darby. Cody loses to Darby. With Cody out of the match, Archer just walks away. After either Darby or Dustin wins, Cody comes out to congratulate / commiserate, and gets crushed by Archer.

My preference with any of these is for Darby to win. The TNT title makes sense to me as a young guys' title, and Darby represents something pretty unique in AEW at the moment.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 23, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Basically my bias is and always will be "push Darby to the moon" because he's ridiculously good, but as long as they have heart behind it I would be happy with most of the ways this ends.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I think this thread had just become The Horny Gulag

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

I feel like I'm gonna get a sixer just for looking at that Jordynne tweet

Never heard it called that before.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Blast from the past: this is the last televised singles match between Dustin Rhodes and Lance Archer. Under different names of course https://youtu.be/QNvuiKyZhf8

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Waffleopolis posted:

I think MJF should replace his injured arm with a robot arm so that he hits harder and wins more matches.

Lucha Underground Gauntlet

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lone Goat posted:

I like that they have an Uno and a Stwo and the goofs from a few weeks ago and now 10 and I can't wait til they have a 69

Wait, AEW are hiring Taguchi?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

New Sammy vlog. Him and Ricky Starks talking business. It's really good. https://youtu.be/y6OVG-zhDQI

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jonny Nox posted:

Hey so I was watching the Dustin Unrestricted video and thinking about Taz and ECW and I realized: What if we only get 4 years?

What if Tony can't justify the money spent, or the Carnies go and Carny, or they just plain run out of ideas and AEW is dead in 4 years?

Have you ever been part of a group that had just started out on something new and big? Eventually the "Us against the World"/Scrappy underdogs attitude of the original group gets diluted and fades away because you can't keep that kind of thing going forever. I think the family (actual family) that is the AEW talent is going to go away some day and I hope if it has to be replaced with a corporate AEW it manages to hold on to a culture of creativity or something.

I don't know.

Right now I'm enjoying the gently caress out of what we are being given. I'm enjoying the talent clearly having a ton of fun and loving wrestling. I'm enjoying wrestlers being allowed to be themselves and present themselves in a way that speaks to them. We're given a rare gift right now, and I'm really happy about it.

side note: At the age of 100, my Grandma died this week. I may be in a weird emotional place right now. LOL.

this was a really stupid post.

This is what is known as catastrophic thinking.

Yes, bad things could happen. If bad things happen, we will deal with them. The fact that they could in theory happen doesn't mean they're likely to happen.

I'm sorry about your grandma and I hope you feel better soon.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I can see the value of the quick squash if it establishes someone as powerful. Having Lance Archer and Wardlow and Mr Brodie obliterate some guys is great because it shows off the impressive things they can do, especially things we might not have seen before, and that's how you build a monster.

But Kenny's not a monster. He's the best bout machine. People don't watch Kenny matches to see him dominate people, they watch to see him tell a story through his athleticism. If you're putting him against enhancement talent, he's going to have a bit of back and forth because that's how you get to see what Kenny can do.

I'm bored of this idea that someone has to win fast with their opponent getting no offense in to look "dominant". I'm even bored of it if their opponent is enhancement talent. I know this is predetermined, let me see what both guys can do. All a 90 second Bill Goldberg match tells me is that Bill Goldberg gets gassed at the 60 second mark.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Presumably taped when she and Darby were visiting https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1254458938084470788?s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

AEW would definitely benefit from hiring Rick Martinez from Bon Apetit (a known Mexican wrestling fan) and having him do a version of A Shot Of Brandi where he makes chilaques with Jack Evans

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Hire Brad to be the boiler of the B Show and watch the magic unfold

I'm just imagining a conversation between Brad and Joey Janela about white claws and Taylor Ham.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Tweak posted:

a BA Test Kitchen x AEW joint is now all I’ll long for

edit: not carla

I'll thank you to speak only compliments about Ms Carla Lalli Music.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

i would pay so much money to see chris morocco doing nerd poo poo with the librarians

Alex Delaney and Cody eat everything on the menu at Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q.

Nyla and Sohla cook fry bread and just hang out and be weird nerds together.

Best Friends and Orange Cassidy form an honor guard to stop Adam Rapoport being creepy to Molly Baz.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Much like everyone in the test kitchen, Kenny will have to ask Sohla for help tempering chocolate.

This always confuses me because tempering chocolate isn't actually that hard.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

stupid linear passage of time

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

New BTE

https://youtu.be/H2ReC1GJAqM

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

This Luchasaus stuff is getting a bit loving weird. But hi, Taya.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Man, some people really got hung up on a bad joke Luchasaurus made about four months ago and dropped straight away.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

CobiWann posted:

I appreciate the opening with Jimmy Havoc. "I've got to get me some friends," he says as he beats up a training dummy.

I know I'm in the minority for this opinion but I actually like Jimmy Havoc a lot.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

if AEW are bringing in women's tag teams, I'd love to see them bring in Sea Stars. Ashley Vox had a barn burner at the start of the year against Kris Statlander in Limitless.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Mons Hubris posted:

People just wanna be treated like nasty worms by a hot girl, and have the hot girl tell them they're worthless and step on their gross little nuts

It's Toney, he's people.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

oh but seriously I posted:

God bless the beautiful freak Trent Nosurname

Ylocks is a fine Welsh surname.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

A little bit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

A day late but pretty much all of these are great: https://twitter.com/yngsovereign/status/1254980515242754050