Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exclusive comment from Preston Vance:

https://twitter.com/Vance4Vance/status/631324281549381632?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if Darby wins he's gotta go on a Shot of Brandi again.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NienNunb posted:

Lance Archer absolutely needs to win this tournament. He won't be dead in the water if he doesn't but he'll be incredibly deflated.

nah he'll be fine. As long as they don't take that "suckerpunch a ringside rando" spot away from him, people will always associate him as a threat.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NienNunb posted:

You don't spend this much time and effort setting up your vicious monster heel only to have him lose a mid card belt tournament to a roll up, that's some fed poo poo.

nah the fed style is to job him out of the tournament on a count out(to keep him strong), have him go on a year long losing streak(mostly countouts and DQs for kicking too much rear end), turn face for some unfathomable reason and then have him be the 3rd eliminated in the andre the giant battle royale. Then releasing the person that pushed him over because they celebrated and the crowd ate it up.

Its easier to have Archer win it all. Is it the most exciting?

Darby upsetting both Cody and Archer to take it is pretty exciting to me.

Cody winning it? well he's been doing the work with the promos and making it sound like he'll open his guts to the air if that belt isn't around his waist. Based on the cornovirus briefings, ritual suicide is a ratings draw.

I'm good with Archer killing Dustin. There's too many dustins.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Darby wins and he and Priscilla do something gross but kinda PG with the belt. Darby and Priscilla then go on to be regulars on the late night talk show circuit doing gross stuff and giving out relationship advice.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the fucky finish would be Cody gets by Darby because Sammy hosed Darby and then Cody barely goes over Archer because of some jarrett esque lockerroom empyting runins. Then slaps Jake in the face because gently caress yeah, elder abuse.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mods rename me to jordynne grace's underboob

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dimebags Brain posted:

People saying Kenny's wasted in AEW is really stupid considering his matches with PAC are probably the best singles matches I've seen a major American company put on since PAC/Zayn in NXT, and he put on one of the best tag matches of all time. Dude's not a jobber, he's one of their major champs and focuses of the company, he gets consistently the biggest pops, and his matches have been some of the best wrestling seen in the US in a long-rear end time. How is he being wasted? Is it WWE brainworms where you're only a top guy if you're getting Invincible 80s Hogan booking?

Kenny looks like he's loving around because mostly he is. The matches with PAC, Bucks and Moxley were all gameface moments. Everything else was him trying different stuff.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

With the bucks, once you see the match a few times, and it really a Bucks match just about every time you see them wrestle, it loses its lustre. But those first few times? gently caress that was like seeing wrestling for the first time again. I wasn't as high for the Lucha Bros stuff but the Omega/Bucks vs TDLM is going to be super sick. That needs to be in front of a live crowd.

Kenny Omega gave a dude with no cache the biggest match of his career because he wanted to wrestle again. Kenny Omega just did a pro wrestling kata for the hell of it. Even if you didn't agree with him going BEYOND FIVE STARS those matches demonstrated a level of mental and physical endurance that few humans are up for.

And Hangman's always been over, what the hell. Someone should get a cameo of him saying "hey wash your hands" I'd put $5 towards it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think NJPW going back to the old "tend to the guys after huge murder spots outside" really helps the guys go longer and harder. They used to just let dudes loving gut through poo poo to incur life shortening damage that's real gross to watch. Getting a slug of water and a 30 second breather might not be optimal but its better than death at an early age because of heart probs or broken necks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I know some folks will feel differently and that's cool but I'm not that upset that AEW is resuming tapings. No died or got sick last time so they're doing something right. Plus these social media challenge things are just upsetting to watch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I'm not gonna turn my nose up at new wrestling tho.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cody if you're get a namechange for yourself you might as well make Ropey legal too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'd be cool if they did one live show, kept the crew until sunday taping more poo poo all the while. Maybe cut a deal with Makai or some other adjacent content.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

0_o

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Don’t believe a word satin says. He was the one trying to push that AEW was illegally taping when they’d already attained permission and established protocols.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it aint real until Schiavone says it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the cure is turinabol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lamuella posted:

New Sammy vlog. Him and Ricky Starks talking business. It's really good. https://youtu.be/y6OVG-zhDQI

despite no paraphernalia in sight both these guys are high as hell.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ricky is real smart and he def needs some AEW money once NWA dies down again.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I revise my Ricky Starks statement. He's a shower shitter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Private Party doesn't wrestle in a way that pleases me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

StarkRavingMad posted:

You’re still invited

free drinks or I bounce

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I only trust Adam Page, my fists, Hikaru Shida and Tony Schiavone. Everyone else is too sketchy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Coaaab posted:

22 and 26, they got time, I'm sure the Bucks see a lot of themselves in them and see it as an opportunity to give them the positive reinforcement they probably never got when they were green

I remember when I thought fire ant was worse than green ant. I try not to poo poo on people who have plenty of time to blossom.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Anna Jayy looks like she was an ATL stripper at one point. Big meaty thighs and cardio for days are surefire signs you've done poledancing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Have you seen pole dancing? some of those folk climb across the ceiling with their buttcheeks. Unreal physical expression.

Hardly a denigrating term.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think Cody's done a pretty good job of tempering expectations without doing the usual combative "sjw dipshit can eat my holes" poo poo.

I would prefer my wrestling presented by organizations committed to the principals of gay space communism but that won't be for another ten years or so.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

No one knows what the schedule really is until Schiavone announces it.

During the Sammy G and Ricky Starks interview, Ricky said something that sounded pretty much like shower making GBS threads. He came in and clarified

https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1253837731844755457

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shake your rear end

https://twitter.com/dabryceisright/status/1254091021530607616

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I mean have you seen Jericho’s family? Dudes got the whole aryan super race motif going.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Horror movies have transitioned from the GEE ISNT SEX/SOCIETY/RELIGION GROSS metaphors to straight up abuse and murder of vulnerable people. And if you don't think that doesn't shape people's political opinions, then you're not PAYing ATTENTION.

Personally I prefer the more action oriented horror flicks because they're a little more realistic. Focus, preparation, and bravery just MIGHT carry the day.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yes yes you are

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

StarkRavingMad posted:

This is up now: https://youtu.be/CD7rg0eIArI

Priscilla seems smart and pretty cool. And has a good Darby impression.

Preston Vance cameo and Brandi is seriously just letting people wander up into her house? She seemed pretty chill about the front door alarm than I would be.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

I am absolutely not one to talk here but I find Brandi's cooking genuinely uncomfortable to watch across the board. It's part of the gimmick, I guess, but it's such an incredibly awkward show that it comes back around to good again.

There's like a zillion shows (youtube and otherwise) where people get together drink something cook something and talk about nothing in particular. Its def more interesting than the Brandi+Friends sunning themselves and talking about nothing in particular tho. Brandi trying to act like a normal domestic is rather charming.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Structurally, I think the cooking portion falls apart because she didn't watch the alton brown episode where he behind the scenes his own show about all the times he cooks the meal before actually doing it in front of tape.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It’s Monday that means be horny

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1254781645753692168

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

More business suit Shida coward tony

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS