Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

KirbyKhan posted:

Put it in your will: son gets Blizzard account for his great contributions to its value.

Are Hearthstone accounts even worth anything? Guess I never really thought about it. Cashing out of Everquest back in the day was almost a month's income at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I’m literally 20-3 with turtle mage. I’ve played two mirrors and they were delightful because it was obvious the other player had no idea wtf was happening.

Pro tip: if you find yourself in a mirror, keep your board COMPLETELY OPEN leading up to the Tortolan turn. You absolutely need your minion slots 1 and 2 to be tortolans. If you can get your opponent to stick some dumbass minion in their 1/2 slot, just spam frost nova forever. They cannot generate more tortolans without clearing those spots, but they’re also incapable of clearing those spots on their own.

Take your tortolan-fu seriously.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
https://i.imgur.com/tNPpti9.mp4

Oh, uh... okay :smith:

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

DNK posted:

I’m literally 20-3 with turtle mage. I’ve played two mirrors and they were delightful because it was obvious the other player had no idea wtf was happening.

Pro tip: if you find yourself in a mirror, keep your board COMPLETELY OPEN leading up to the Tortolan turn. You absolutely need your minion slots 1 and 2 to be tortolans. If you can get your opponent to stick some dumbass minion in their 1/2 slot, just spam frost nova forever. They cannot generate more tortolans without clearing those spots, but they’re also incapable of clearing those spots on their own.

Take your tortolan-fu seriously.

My favorite version is the one with the obelisks. It slowly crescendoes from a bunch of turtles casting illusions and frost novas, to a single obelisk, to three, and then oh gently caress there’s like 25-30 damage at the end of this turn and every turn hereafter

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Saw a wild deck that combined Tortolans with Time Warp quest shuffled back in using elek. poo poo was bananas degenerate.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

KirbyKhan posted:

Saw a wild deck that combined Tortolans with Time Warp quest shuffled back in using elek. poo poo was bananas degenerate.
YOU WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER TURN!

Convoluted process but when it pays off it must be pretty funny.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I just don't know what deck to use anymore. I haven't won a game in the last 8 days (0-18). If I run face hunter I match into control and heals. If I run bomb warrior I match into weapon destruction (2 decks even teaching into sticky fingers). I run aggro rogue or even secret rogue with my own tech including flik, I match into heavy aggro or highlander decks. I dont have the cards for the paladin lists or for turtle mage.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

take three tablets posted:

Save your dust until you need a specific legendary for a deck? It's not like legendaries are on sale and you have to buy one now.

I mean that is a fair point, but I figured maybe I can enable a new deck or significantly improve an existing deck out of all that. From the other replies it seems like Lorekeeper could do that so I'll check into Lorekeeper decks (particularly that highlander priest one since I have most of it already).

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Fenarisk posted:

I just don't know what deck to use anymore. I haven't won a game in the last 8 days (0-18). If I run face hunter I match into control and heals. If I run bomb warrior I match into weapon destruction (2 decks even teaching into sticky fingers). I run aggro rogue or even secret rogue with my own tech including flik, I match into heavy aggro or highlander decks. I dont have the cards for the paladin lists or for turtle mage.

Created by mage - can't tech against a deck that's 90% randomly generated BS.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
So I'm trying to hit legend for the first time; playing wild on reno/anduin priest but I'm stuck in Diamond 5 purgatory. As soon as I climb I fall back. Dying a lot to aggro decks, and druids. Although my death to King Togwaggle/Illucia deck swapping fuckery was pretty funny. Any advice?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Play more games.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

paid money to post posted:

So I'm trying to hit legend for the first time; playing wild on reno/anduin priest but I'm stuck in Diamond 5 purgatory. As soon as I climb I fall back. Dying a lot to aggro decks, and druids. Although my death to King Togwaggle/Illucia deck swapping fuckery was pretty funny. Any advice?

Take a break if you lose a few games in a row to clear out your head, and stick to playing one or two decks that you feel really confident with (though feel free to swap if it seems like you keep consistently running into bad matchups or hard counters). The final climb is the hardest part, but so long as you can maintain an over 50% win rate, you’ll get there.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

enki42 posted:

Created by mage - can't tech against a deck that's 90% randomly generated BS.

This is what I wanted quest rogue to be :smith:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Fenarisk posted:

This is what I wanted quest rogue to be :smith:

play it in Wild and it's Created By but on Russian horse steroids :gritin:

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Julio Cruz posted:

play it in Wild and it's Created By but on Russian horse steroids :gritin:

Is there a good wild list for this? I even had Tess back in the day.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Fenarisk posted:

Is there a good wild list for this? I even had Tess back in the day.

this is what I'm running (although it's not technically Quest Rogue since I prefer Cutlass):

### Tess Cutlass Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Blackjack Stunner
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 1x (2) Bamboozle
# 1x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
# 2x (2) Cheat Death
# 2x (2) Clever Disguise
# 1x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 1x (2) Evasion
# 2x (2) Plagiarize
# 1x (2) Shadowjeweler Hanar
# 1x (2) Sudden Betrayal
# 2x (2) Undercity Huckster
# 1x (3) Blink Fox
# 1x (3) Educated Elekk
# 1x (3) Raiding Party
# 1x (4) Academic Espionage
# 1x (4) Hoard Pillager
# 1x (4) Spectral Cutlass
# 2x (4) Tinker's Sharpsword Oil
# 1x (5) Captain Greenskin
# 1x (5) Doctor Krastinov
# 1x (8) Tess Greymane
#
AAEBAaIHEMgD5dEC2eMC3+MC6/AC6vMCqPcCx/gC1YwD6LADzrkD0LkDub4D+8QDqtIDutUDB68Q8rACkrYC0OMCragDpNED5dMDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

does pretty well against most things that aren't insane aggro or N'Zoth decks

you want to mulligan aggressively for the Cutlass or Shinyfinder/Raiding Party to tutor it against basically everything but Priest, and keep Sudden Betrayal if you're expecting heavy aggro like DH or Hunter

and make sure you choose every off-class choice you get with Tess in mind, it's all too easy to pick draw spells and then when you play Tess you end up drawing like 10 cards by mistake (and this deck really doesn't need that much draw anyway, most games the issue is trying to keep under the hand limit)

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 17, 2020

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Big warrior seems fun but after 4 consecutive games of commencement hitting my (unprime) Kargath I think I’m being told to play something else

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Julio Cruz posted:

this is what I'm running (although it's not technically Quest Rogue since I prefer Cutlass):

### Tess Cutlass Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Blackjack Stunner
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 1x (2) Bamboozle
# 1x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
# 2x (2) Cheat Death
# 2x (2) Clever Disguise
# 1x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 1x (2) Evasion
# 2x (2) Plagiarize
# 1x (2) Shadowjeweler Hanar
# 1x (2) Sudden Betrayal
# 2x (2) Undercity Huckster
# 1x (3) Blink Fox
# 1x (3) Educated Elekk
# 1x (3) Raiding Party
# 1x (4) Academic Espionage
# 1x (4) Hoard Pillager
# 1x (4) Spectral Cutlass
# 2x (4) Tinker's Sharpsword Oil
# 1x (5) Captain Greenskin
# 1x (5) Doctor Krastinov
# 1x (8) Tess Greymane
#
AAEBAaIHEMgD5dEC2eMC3+MC6/AC6vMCqPcCx/gC1YwD6LADzrkD0LkDub4D+8QDqtIDutUDB68Q8rACkrYC0OMCragDpNED5dMDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

does pretty well against most things that aren't insane aggro or N'Zoth decks

you want to mulligan aggressively for the Cutlass or Shinyfinder/Raiding Party to tutor it against basically everything but Priest, and keep Sudden Betrayal if you're expecting heavy aggro like DH or Hunter

and make sure you choose every off-class choice you get with Tess in mind, it's all too easy to pick draw spells and then when you play Tess you end up drawing like 10 cards by mistake (and this deck really doesn't need that much draw anyway, most games the issue is trying to keep under the hand limit)

Thank you so much, I actually have all of these cards!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Fenarisk posted:

Thank you so much, I actually have all of these cards!

no problem

it's not top tier or anything but it is a lot of fun, and every game is different which is a big thing for me

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Winstreaked to Legend with Totem Shaman earlier today.

I don't know why absolutely no one seems to be playing Paladin, which seems to be it's worst match-up, but it's so easy to farm Druids for free wins with this deck. The buff to Totem Goliath feels massive.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Semper Fudge posted:

I don't know why absolutely no one seems to be playing Paladin, which seems to be it's worst match-up, but it's so easy to farm Druids for free wins with this deck. The buff to Totem Goliath feels massive.

Do you use the normal version with Trick Totem or a different version?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

don’t use trick totem

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Do you use the normal version with Trick Totem or a different version?

I cut Trick Totem when I actually started winning and wanted to continue doing so.

It's fun, but bad. I swapped them out for Vessina and Fireheart, the former of which is Bloodlust with a body 90% of the time.

Semper Fudge fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 18, 2020

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Semper Fudge posted:

I cut Trick Totem when I actually started winning and wanted to continue doing so.

It's fun, but bad. I swapped them out for Vessina and Fireheart, the former of which is Bloodlust with a body 90% of the time.

What's your list?

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Sloppy posted:

What's your list?

Post the list!!!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I just played 15 games with the vS list (Polkelt + Voracious Reader) because it's cheap dust and the fact that I have a winning record with it (9-6) and it pushed me into Top 200 NA is so stupid everything is stupid

### Polkelt Totem
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (0) Totemic Might
# 2x (0) Totemic Surge
# 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Storm's Wrath
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) EVIL Totem
# 2x (2) Voracious Reader
# 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 2x (3) Totemic Reflection
# 1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 2x (4) Splitting Axe
# 1x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (5) Totem Goliath
#
AAECAaoIApMJ9tYDDr4GnaMD2qUD+aUD/acDta0D27gDlrkD3MwDlc0Dm80DptEDxtED8NQDAA==
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 18, 2020

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Animated Broomstick is low-key one of the best cards in the set

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

### Totem Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (0) Totemic Might
# 2x (0) Totemic Surge
# 1x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Storm's Wrath
# 2x (1) Surging Tempest
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) EVIL Totem
# 1x (3) Instructor Fireheart
# 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 2x (3) Totemic Reflection
# 1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 2x (4) Splitting Axe
# 1x (4) Vessina
# 2x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (5) Totem Goliath
#
AAECAZu1AwTmpQPczAOczgP21gMNgQS+BpMJnaMD2qUD+aUDta0Dtq0D27gDlrkDm80DptED8NQDAA==
#

Is the list I was using for Totem Shaman. Cutting Fireheart for a second Intrepid would probably be better, but Fireheart is my favorite card in this set and is one of the few ways to finish out a game you might have otherwise lost.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Beasteh posted:

Animated Broomstick is low-key one of the best cards in the set

Legit. Somehow in my head I saw a 1 mana give everything Rush and thought "that's okay but probably not playable", forgetting stuff like Magic Carpet and Goblin Lackey. Thing that surprised me about it was how it assisted combo decks like Mecha'thun Rogue and Turtle Mage.

Aaod
May 29, 2004

Semper Fudge posted:

Paladin is easy to counter struggling against hyper aggro like rogue before the nerfs and priest so people have not come around to playing it again.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Created by mage continues to be fun. Got to Diamond 5 with it today, my win percentage is strong enough with it that legend seems totally doable.

There's so many different directions you can go with this deck that virtually every starting hand you can get has something interesting to do (load up on cheap spells for Chenvalla, generate a bunch of stuff for mana giants, get out an early Ras Frostwhisper or Jandice, or just do a bunch of poo poo and cyclone yourself a full hand).

Demon hunter can be tough if you can't find things to freeze face (they can get to 8 attack and cast that "deal your weapon damage to minions" against your mana giants, which is BRUTAL), and druid if you're not well ahead with a lot of resources in hand by the time they get to 7. Bomb warrior can sometimes be a pain (again, finding freeze pretty much locks in the game for you). Everything else seems super easy.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
Haven't played Guardian Druid in a while but I just rattled off a 4 game win streak with it, getting close to Diamond. So it's still good, even if the cowards at Blizzard refuse to give me Speaker Gidra.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Well that single player thing was poo poo. So we are going to get one of those each expansion for the next 2 years?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
I think it's going to be every couple of weeks or so. It's at least a drip of cards I guess.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

I won't be surprised if the next Book of Heroes is delayed and retooled because people seem to hate it across the board.

Blizzard should've advertised it for what it is, a tutorial mode for brand new players, instead of advertising it as a single player experience comparable to previous efforts.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I keep running into people playing Quest Warlock minus the quest and I am so confused.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Desert Bus posted:

I keep running into people playing Quest Warlock minus the quest and I am so confused.

Regular or wild? Because in wild, just disco is a thing and the quest is genuinely a bad card.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Olpainless posted:

Regular or wild? Because in wild, just disco is a thing and the quest is genuinely a bad card.

Regular. Wild it might make some sense.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Semper Fudge posted:

I won't be surprised if the next Book of Heroes is delayed and retooled because people seem to hate it across the board.

I'm starting to think the worst part of this World of Warcraft spin-off is the World of Warcraft characters :v:

I don't know why Blizzard decided to play the characters completely straight this year. Maybe they thought the Dragon story was too silly? Even something like how they handled Medivh in ONiK would be way more palatable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

It’s also jarring, considering Jaina in WoW just got done with a whole character arc of trying to seek peace again, even if she might not necessarily forgive the Horde for everything that’s happened between her and them.