Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

CommissarMega posted:

Can someone explain to me... how? I can't seem to brain today, so maybe I'm just dumb, but I'm picturing her doing some kind of ventriloquism routine with her dog, and that can't be right, can it?

Fido thinks you should read more carefully. Fido thinks people who can't read carefully should be murdered by the police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Don't worry I already called the cops, said CommissarMega was a black man with a gun, and that it's a hostage situation for good measure. He's as good as dead

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Fido thinks you should read more carefully. Fido thinks people who can't read carefully should be murdered by the police.

Ah, right then.

Phlegmish posted:

Don't worry I already called the cops, said CommissarMega was a black man with a gun, and that it's a hostage situation for good measure. He's as good as dead

Joke's on them, I live in Malaysia, and our cops are super-corruptible instead of super-psychotic! All I have to do is flash a fifty and all my problems go away!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

CommissarMega posted:

Ah, right then.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to poo poo on you or anything, but that's how a lot of people use it - as a passive aggressive way of attacking others while feeling they can't be attacked back.

It can be incredibly creepy and offputting to see in person.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

My girlfriend is severely emotionally repressed due to abusive parents and she cannot express emotions except through her dog. The entire first year we dated when I would say “I love you” she would clam up for a second and then go “Andy loves you too” because she never told another human she loved them before. If we had a big fight she would go “You Made Andy Cry!!!!”. It is bizarre, but after meeting members of her family the complete picture is simply that her family was so devoid of emotional love that she just didn’t have any emotional development until she moved out and rescued a puppy, so the dog is her entire emotional experience.

So yes that poo poo sounds totally crazy, but not so crazy that I haven’t seen it with my own eyes.

:aaaaa:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Literally first thing that happened to me this morning was a phone call from her:
“Good Morning! Andy just wanted to say he loves you! He says he misses you and have a good day!”
“Thanks babe I love you too.”

I just sort of think of it like a neurological or emotional tic. Her sisters each do something different. Her older sister can only communicate emotionally through text messages even if you are in the same room. Therir younger sister isn’t as developed and doesn’t have any support systems she she just dissociates with drugs.

All three of them are pretty serious Karen’s, with their horrible mother being a fat bloated Queen Bee Karen. I have on more than one occasion had to instruct her not to call the cops on our neighbors for mild noise complaints. It’s just how awful, rude women from the Midwest are trained to be.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Klyith posted:

If you didn't see it yet the ny times did a story about the Central Park Karen and the bird watcher she called the cops on and it's pretty amazing because it's just the most absolute dragging of a person in a national newspaper

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/14/nyregion/central-park-amy-cooper-christian-racism.html

She's not even the worst person in that article. Behold Martin Priest:

quote:

It was on that corporate ladder that she met Martin Priest, a married colleague at Lehman Brothers, where, her résumé said, she worked from 2005 to 2008.

In a lawsuit filed in 2015, when she was no longer dating Mr. Priest, Ms. Cooper sought repayment of $65,000. She said she had given him the money to help speed his divorce and pay another woman he was involved with to abort her pregnancy, according to court records.

In the lawsuit, Ms. Cooper said Mr. Priest preyed on her emotions to get the money, promising it would help them to be together.

Instead, she said she discovered that his wife, Tianna, whom he was divorcing, was pregnant — and Mr. Priest was planning to marry a third woman, who was also pregnant, the lawsuit said.

“She was naïve, devastated, heartbroken,” said a person involved in the case, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the settlement is private.

In an interview, Mr. Priest denied that he’d had a romantic relationship with Ms. Cooper, though he admitted to borrowing the money. He called her a “stalker” who fictionalized their relationship, then erupted when it did not go her way.

In an unusual twist, since the lawsuit, Ms. Cooper has developed a close friendship with Tianna Priest, who is now divorced from Martin Priest, after Ms. Cooper exposed his infidelity to her. Ms. Cooper and Ms. Priest now spend holidays together.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
This has become so prominent that it demands a tv series. Something based on how a credible researcher goes into the jungle to study their behavior.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Yvershek posted:

This has become so prominent that it demands a tv series. Something based on how a credible researcher goes into the jungle to study their behavior.

is bed, bath, & beyond bankrupt yet

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
The researcher will be killed by police. Probably for multiple researchers. Can be a found footage documentary.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

It's gonna be so bad when that dog dies.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

TontoCorazon posted:

It's gonna be so bad when they have sex.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/tkag2020_ann/status/1273075677454098436

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

https://twitter.com/palle_hoffstein/status/1273192668865146881?s=21

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Glad that somebody with the power to murder me on the street and get away with it is so emotionally well-adjusted that she assumes everyone is trying to poison her McMuffin and starts crying about it.

Also lol at the "subtle" comment that people pay for her food cuz she's such a hero at the beginning.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Also yes

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

She's going to insist on doggystyle every time and it's going to get really tedious really quick.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Stex T posted:

She's going to insist on doggystyle every time and it's going to get really tedious really quick.

... I’m gonna need you to stop making these completely accurate baseless accusations any minute now

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

well ill just say i hope things work out for her

gl

Burns
May 10, 2008

A friend of mine has become the male equivalent of the Karen. He constsntly an unironically brings up these "i want to speak to your manager" stories. He always put up this tough guy moniker which is also just eye roll inducing at this point. Should we confront him on his karenness?

Burns fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 17, 2020

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The entitlement this lady has with her “I wish people would just tell me thank you” for doing the job for which she is paid. Sorry you had to wait like everybody else.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
She's the type who gets all huffy when people don't clap when Are Troops are walking through the airport terminal or similar bullshit.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

sticksy posted:

She's the type who gets all huffy when people don't clap when Are Troops are walking through the airport terminal or similar bullshit.

*grabs your hands with eyes moist from tears*
Thank you sooooo much for your service.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Her twitter page is all trump lol

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

From the Riot thread

Wattsamatta
Feb 24, 2008

Emotional vampires love chaos. They get to play victim to draw out the sweet, sweet sympathy.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

limp_cheese posted:

From the Riot thread

Because, of course! It's 20-loving-20!!!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

Burt Sexual I just want to thank you for your hard work and dedication in moderating these forums, I'm tearing up a little, we will never forget your service

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Burt Sexual posted:

fishing with the fam posted:

*grabs your hands with eyes moist from tears*
Thank you sooooo much for your service.

Inverted Icon fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jun 18, 2020

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Turns out she's with the county sheriff. I was thinking "does not work for nor represent the Richmond Hill Police Department," meant she was going to turn out to be a rent-a-cop or some such poo poo.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
well hopefully she's fired because we're counting down the days before she murders someone over the heat levels of her muffin

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

A cop worried that someone might try to hurt her instead of just doing their job?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Tonetta posted:

well hopefully she's fired because we're counting down the days before she murders someone over the heat levels of her muffin

Wait has this been about a sex thing? The original tweet is down.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I assumed it was her literal muffin but your reading is valid as well

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's literally about a McDonald's Egg McMuffin.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Literally like literally or literally like figuratively?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
People keep saying "Literally" a lot and, frankly, I like the implied attention.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Did you see what Literally A Person was wearing the other day

e: oh poo poo he's here shhhhh

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Phlegmish posted:

Did you see what Literally A Person was wearing the other day

e: oh poo poo he's here shhhhh

:lol: Like you'd know style if it bit you on the nose!! *adjusts frilly lace cravat*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Literally A Person posted:

:lol: Like you'd know style if it bit you on the nose!! *adjusts frilly lace cravat*

Sir, that is NOT traditionally for the penis