Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Oh they knew exactly what they were doing with Timemon's design.

Also, is there something i'm missing with Pink Cucumbers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Next - 23 May

Episode 17 - Eri's Copy-Pasted Everywhere? Restore the Dream Concert!

quote:

The Fujimizaka New Year Festival will feature a guest performance by Karan Eri of Appliyama 470! But Copipemon works some mischief to fill the town with Eri videos! Will the concert to celebrate her new CD be canceled?!,

Episode 18 - Haru and Yujin's Bond. Stop the Rampaging Resshamon!

quote:

L-Corp's newest GPS game is a worldwide hit, and players converge on a seaside park searching for a super rare treasure! Haru and friends try to find it, too, but Resshamon causes a runaway train panic!,

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

Kind of figured that these two would mostly be filler-ish but we still did get some good growth from characters, especially one that we really don't know a ton about yet. It's also nice to see Eri actually sing and do more idol-ish things and some possible hints as to why she headed down this path.

Ep 17 gave us a pretty blatant parody of a certain cultural fad from 2016 but more importantly, also some good backstory for how Yujin and Haru (being both very different personalities) met and became friends. Nice downtime material for sure.

Because, Toei being Toei, I'm pretty sure things are about to ramp up next episode.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Two points;

1) Now that we have an Appmon that is basicaly the black gear generator, that means, theoreticaly, they can do away with the source of the virus at any point

2) It's kinda intresting to note that, besides Takato, that Yujin is more the sort to be a Digimon series protag than Haru.

Also, kinda getting bored of the "Truely you're an ogre, You're actually an orge, tho" bit, that's getting repetative.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I've been noticing a lot of characters have some pretty repetitive catch phrase use "Groovy? Not Groovy?" "Big Bang Punch" and I'm not really a fan of it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Theres at least one early episode where the animation is held together entirely by the reuse of the BIG BANG PUNCH animation.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Next - 27th May

Episode 19 - The Sea of the 'Net in Trouble! The 'Time' Has Come: Ultimate App Fusion!

quote:

It's Valentine's Day in the city, but everyone's smartphones are in danger! Updating Waffle OS, the operating system used by 70% of the world's phones, is causing them to freeze up and die...

Episode 20 - Farewell, Astora?! Dreammon's Nightmare!

quote:

Astora's going to train for two years?! While he struggles over whether to pursue his dream as an AppTuber, Dreammon presents him with a choice. Meanwhile, his father fails to return from his daily workout...

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

This is a really strong set of episodes honestly. While I'd argue that 19 is probably in the Top 3 of the series so far, 20's not bad either. It was unfortunately going to be a decline from the previous episode, but it's still a good character piece that gives us more information and a bit more background on Astora. Both (actual episode spoilers for these two episodes, please beware)new Ultimate Appmon are nice upgrades on their designs and theming while still feeling like big jumps up in power. The pattern looks like it'll be continuing for the next couple of episodes as well so this is definitely an exciting part of the show moving forward.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Really, all it was missing was the Wada Koji('s estate? I think he had passed at that time...) aproved To Ultimate Evolution image song. but this show is gunning to be its own beast so fair play to it.

That said, I do apreciate how a) They've despensed with the obvious re: L Corp and Leviathan (It would blow the mind of the 10 year old kid in Japan whose native language isn't English, tho though) and b) They're turning Leviathan into a more active threat by having Mienumon sabotaging and beating competition to make a presense in the real world. I sort of wish they introduced Waffle sooner in that regard but oh well.

Also, still loving Astora and his father's relationship. His father isn't fanaticaly pushing him to take up the Tea-School poisition full time and in turn he seems to mutually respect, and love, his father. It's an intresting inversion of how Parent- Digi-destened relationships of this type normaly work.

That all said, it would figgure that the series with the Half Brittish Digi-Destended would be absolutely shuned by Toei dub wise

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

As a single episode, 19 is probably still my favorite.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

It really does have that Tai and Greymon running towards Error Network Etemon feel to it don'it?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

ConanThe3rd posted:

It really does have that Tai and Greymon running towards Error Network Etemon feel to it don'it?

There's a bit of that, but for me it's mostly that Omegamon feel of having to take down thousands of targets in seconds to save the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

There's a bit of that, but for me it's mostly that Omegamon feel of having to take down thousands of targets in seconds to save the day

Oh of course, good point on that.

«3 »