Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I am game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I exist. And I am deliberately NOT shooting steak on Day 1.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I'm actually dissapointed...I was in stitches.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Yo Midnight Gospel rules!

Adventure Time ALSO rules and if you’ve never seen it and enjoy fantastic story telling, Adventure Time!!

I find adventure time to be hit or miss....

Best mafia day is LYLO.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

gonna go ahead and ##vote YPM

On this post. Nothing specific, but feels like a scum post.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mason: Xopods, to argue about correct play for survivors again.
Doc: Steak, so the live past day 1, as an apology.
Vig: Sandwolf, because they want me to die D1.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Never apologize to steak IMO, he'd vig you D1 too

Never apologize huh? That's scum thinking!

##vote Hal

Way to show your true colors Hal.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

xopods posted:

I never realized you had such a masochistic streak.

Arguing about things that don't matter is a lot of fun for me.

Its why I play mafia.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Just to steak! I'd apologize to pretty much anyone else

And now you are backtracking! Look at all these scum tells!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Squiggly posted:

This is a bad play and maybe actual scum play no one is killing steak he'll do it himself with some odd ball gambit

Xopods is killing steak!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also, real talk, I dayvigged steak in the last game we were in together day 1, hence the doc joke about making sure they survive day 1.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

Let’s massclaim day 1

No joke I suspect this would be an acceptable plan for 75% of all games.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah it's weird that it's been 1000% radio silence on my point about Toal

##vote Toal

There is a pending request for a replacement. I'd wait to get that resolved before going after lurkers.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

How does that impact other people ignoring discussion of it? :raise:

I misread your post and thought you were commenting on Toalp being silent.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

Weird push on PQ, I dont see it. Seems like lazy solidarity behind that vote. :goofy:

This....is bad.

##vote naga

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

Bad in what ways, because I think people tossing around quipped names look curious? OK

What people? Who are you calling out? At the time of your post only xopods was voting PQ.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

So I'm gonna open up today with ##vote cheese

On the watcher stuff, I'm on Xopods' side of the steak/xopods argument. I think strongman is more likely than ninja, and I think claiming that you're watcher with...nothing? going for you is...uh...weird at best?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

xopods posted:

On the other hand, we do have a watcher claim, one confirmed Ninja role and a possible second one... so it does seem like a setup where multiple wandering townies is not unlikely. And Hal/Sand targeting each other for that also makes sense just for meta reasons regardless of any :tinfoil: about them coordinating themselves.

FWIW I don't think it's that absurd.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

xopods posted:

You don't think what's that absurd?

the compulsive visitor stuff.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

xopods posted:

I understood that far, I'm asking which specific scenario you're referring to, since I mentioned two in immediate succession.

I think what you're saying is that you find it plausible that Hal and Sand are both genuinely Compulsive Visitors, and probably not Scum together, they just happened to pick each other as targets because of history playing together.

Yes?

Correct, that is why I am saying.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

considering the role name didn't have any modifying words, i feel like it'd be really misleading for the bulletproof to be conditional like that. which again, is why im rather confident scum used a ninja (which is confirmed to exist in the setup) rather than a strongman.

there's also the fact that it'd be sort of a big coincidence for them to use a limited strongman on bp in the first night (and again, i doubt the existence of a permanent strongman)

Uhh...The fact that there isn't a conditional is why I'm thinking strongman > ninja. Because yea....they died and were bulletproof.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am voting Cheese because I think Naga was distancing on their last vote.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

ecks eye double-you

this

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

translation: "i think PQ is scum for this post but is it too late to get enough votes on PQ?"

thanks squiggly!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hey gently caress you I made a case.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Two posts and disappearing for the day isn't solid casework, sorry Amni :v:

You're just jealous I caught the scum!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also, Sandwolf isn't scum, because I'm still alive. I gurantee if sandwolf were scum I'd be dead today becase sandwolf would have thought it was funny.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

So, we now have a town-core of Hal/Sandwolf/Amni. Everyone should follow our lead and we'll win this game.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am very dissapointed in everyone, myself included, for not posting a ridiculous amount. As such, I shall be the change I want to see and make some posts to give us content to discuss.

First, I think xopods and ilmucche are tenatively town, because with no one posting right now, being active is a lot of extra work for minimal gain. And if there is scum there, it's only 1 of them, not both. So, with that in mind I'm gonna talk through the end of the day.

Starting here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3921261&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post504867655

Where we have a 4/3/2 split right now with Hum/naga/xiw respectively.

XIW moves to humalong, with sandwolf second. No comment on Naga, this is a bad vote, raises my hackles on a reread.

Toalp brings Naga up to 4/4 Naga/Hum. It's Toalp though so...who knows?

Sandwolf and Hal's push for Squiggly is odd, but it pulls vote off of Naga, bringing it to 3/4 naga/hum.

Xopods refuses to move their vote from Naga, which is a big point in Xopod's favor. It would have been easy to move off of Naga at this point.

Naga comes in to do their vote on cheese, which is a wierd left field vote.

PQ moves to Cheese because...why?

But pro town-core sandwolf moves in to vote Naga, ensuring the momentum.

Cheese moves to vote for Naga at this point, where the moementum is building, another point against cheese.

End result, I think:

Town - Xopods, Sandwolf

Scum - Cheese.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Amnistar any opinion on Aquiggly being around at EOD but flagrantly not voting unless (theoretically) someone begged him to?

Rereading through I don't see scum squiggly not voting for Naga at the end of the day. It's a bit WIFOM but the idea of scum seeing the writing on the wall and not getting onboard on any of the vote leaders is something I don't see as likely.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Cheese buying sandwolf late does look pretty suss but confirmed scum Naga voting for cheese is a point in their favour.

3rd scum found.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

##vote mr steak

Folks, we got 'im,

You jumped a few spaces there Toalp, wanna fill in the blanks?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

xopods posted:

Amni's post makes sense to me which isn't an alignment tell but probably means someone else is posting from his account.

This has been bizaro mafia for me for some reason. I haven't been posting, and I'm making sense to xopods!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Oh, we also had a scum doc flip, so there is probably a non-scum killer role of some sort. So strongman isn't the only answer for bulletproof death.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Alright, I do not see people being convinced by my amazing cheese case. This is a problem. Shame on all of you for not voting cheese.

Vote Cheese. Vote Scum!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Eh? No I think cheese is scum because of the end of day voting patterns for cheese and Naga.

I comment on PQ voting cheese as weird, but that didn't influence my opinion of cheese, if cheese ends up being scum, then *maybe* it put suspicion on PQ, but I don't consider that one of the peices of evidence for cheese as scum..

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

xopods posted:

Or, if you were only mentioning that vote in passing and your opinion of cheese is based entirely on his late vote for NLK, why are you suspicious of cheese and not any of the other late votes on NLK, which all came from people who'd tried to start the wagon on Hum? Like, say, YPM?

because naga voted for cheese.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm not sure if I'm seeing exactly what you're seeing but the level of energy I'd expect after a D1 scum lunch was simply not there.

If we had actually had an effective D1, we probably would have. But this was the most joke phase of all the day 1's i've had in a long time...

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

It's not *his* role that makes MMG scum, unless we're delving into the fact his role is in his pm which shows his alignment

Hey, I refuse to let this slide in a big game again. Are you claiming a cop investigation on MMG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Because the last time I took someone at their hedging, they were scum lying about it.