Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
spent the lockdown playing dark souls 1 for the first time, i'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Hi everyone I'm around.

Working through DS2 at the moment and i'm up to iron keep and I'm not liking it! Lost Bastille was the best so far I reckon.

I'm kind of hoping that this game won't require a table of claims to analyze.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

I like day 2, it's where you get some juicy information, flips, and the lies have to start. The end of day 1 doesn't teach you much at the time but at the start of day 2 you get to work back over the hurried end-of-day posting in light of what you now know and hunt delicious inconsistencies

Day one is terrible though, I really liked seeing N0 stuff to kickstart the game.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Last night I got smelter demon and the next guy and i'm pretty psyched. Time to have another shot at the invisible jerks or Neon Green Land.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Sandwolf posted:

Someone mentioned this is normal for xiw to post so little, xiw can you tell me why?

I'm mostly just not a fan of zero content posting to pad my postcount - i'd rather the posts i've made in the game are related to it so when people read my posts they just get the relevant ones

If that makes sense.

(Also I'm on NZ time so i've been asleep the last 8 hrs, catching up now)

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Toalpaz posted:

What I hate about uh playing without avatars is that I can see individual posts and read the name and understand it's that person, but it's hard to attribute patterns of posts just scrolling I feel. It's really weird but I like how compressed it makes reading. I wish I could minimize avatars to like 50x50 just so I could get a small pic of different people.

This is actually a good idea and can be done with a custom stylesheet - i also turn avatars off so i can check at work but tiny coloured blocks would be nice.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

Content game time...

I do like content games d1 because they force people to put down relationships to other players - as town it can be natural, as scum you have to decide whether to link to your team or avoid your team

mason: cheese - they were quite good last game actually
doc: quid - in general their posting seems to make the game more pleasant
shoot: hal - i have read a bunch of games where i absolutely couldn't tell they were scum so why not

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Mr. Steak posted:

-wow wow wow, ok sandwolf is town for risking the modkill on that faked day action. sorry, but you ain't gonna convince me he's scum for probably the entire game, because that's such a scary thing to do as scum???

eurrgggh

I mean this is a convincing argument but i really don't like the implication

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

I'm happy to vote ##vote humalong with sandwolf second

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

##vote naga to avoid nl

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Squiggly posted:

This is a bad vote and I think I'm the only other vote on him and it is a joke vote

Too late for traction here?

Yes with five minutes left

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

My action failed on MMG, interesting.

Just to clarify your claim steak - I'm reading it as:

1. You watched person A.
2. You saw Humalong visit them.
3. Humalong died
4. so you conclude that scum ninja killed A -> Hum died

Could equally have been a juggernaut kill on hum right?

also is there a reason to be cagey about who you're watching? you're saying you consider someone confirmed, but not who, so if you die we'll never know. (if you have a reason, sure)

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Sandwolf posted:

xiw = “zew”

(this is how I do it in my head, but it's largely a typed-only username)

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Quidthulhu posted:

This is striking me as odd because up until this point all I had done was primarily complain that nobody was paying attention to my not a case which I found suspicious. What about my posting made the game more pleasant, xiw?

This wasn't a response to this game - my responses to those questions were based off reading and playing with people in other games.

Basically you posting a lot correlates in my brain to 'this game is nice and chill and people like each other'. Whether that's actually true or just the games I happened to have read who knows!

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

xopods posted:

Gotta start gathering votes on someone if we're not going to no-lunch. I think everyone just piling on Humalong would be bad because the first vote leader on D1 is almost never Scum and bandwagons give no info. Better to at least create a choice.

Not going to vote Xiw though because if he is Town and we lunch him, that would be a huge loss given how much effort he's shown himself able to put in.

So ##vote NLK as the only other person with > 1 vote on him.

Quidthulhu posted:

The vote that starts the push. As I said before, I think this is the most non-committal way you can land on someone you know is gonna flip scum eventually.

I can kindddd of see it but man you have to be pretty confident as scum to start this off - making it 3-4 with 2 hrs to go before the lunch when you know there's a huge risk of people just piling on any viable candidate to avoid a NL is pretty crazy.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

xopods posted:

I'm still hoping Xiw kicks into gear eventually because it should be pretty obvious whether or not he's Town once he does... if he doesn't, he's probably Scum.

Now i'm wondering if i got roleblocked on the basis that last game i got really enthusiastic when I got a couple of good results in a row and what if that happens again hah

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

cheese sandwich posted:

Yeah further this I don't think I agree with most of quids observations atm but his posting reads town as poo poo

One thing to watch out for though is that in a slow town situation scum can get a lot of progress just by being the enthusiastic posting paragon even if their arguments are full of lies.

(I picked a bad time for it since our new cat arrived)

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

xiw posted:

This wasn't a response to this game - my responses to those questions were based off reading and playing with people in other games.

Basically you posting a lot correlates in my brain to 'this game is nice and chill and people like each other'. Whether that's actually true or just the games I happened to have read who knows!

And since then we have an example of exactly the opposite

Squiggly posted:

Yeah I wondered about that

Ooc: don't kill yourself people love and care about you and that includes me

IC: suck my dick

Is this like an advanced scum approach of convincing people to disengage because the game's unpleasant to reread

##vote squiggly

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

that was amazing

##vote mysticalmachinegun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

MysticalMachineGun posted:

seriously though if I somehow escape this lunch-train telling you guys exactly what my role does just makes me a bigger target for scum

I mean if you claim an amazing role, survive the lunch, and get nk'd then steak'll live and probably watch you so you will be avenged

I didn't find the 'here's a list of killing roles' that convincing because half of them are scum roles in the first place