Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Aren't all the main ingredients of a cassoulet meaty except the beans? What is a vegan cassoulet even?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
a Jamaican-themed bacon and beer truck that sells bacon and beercans

you gotta shout both words with a jamaican accent

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Aren't all the main ingredients of a cassoulet meaty except the beans? What is a vegan cassoulet even?

Vegan cassoulet is just an extremely stereotypical Frenchman throwing raw beans at you while screaming obscenities

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
The Frenchman won't abide by veganism, he has culinary pretensions

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Scientastic posted:

Vegan cassoulet is just an extremely stereotypical Frenchman throwing raw beans at you while screaming obscenities

I thought that was a Tuesday? :P

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth
While I've never tried their food, there's an Asian fusion food truck in DC named Miso Honey that deserves recognition (of some kind) for the name alone.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Notahippie posted:

While I've never tried their food, there's an Asian fusion food truck in DC named Miso Honey that deserves recognition (of some kind) for the name alone.

Wait what. How does that even work.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

A hot dish truck.

Does nothing but by-the-scoop cassaroles, mostly based on cream of mushroom soup.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Does it violate tater tots by incorporating them in a way that guarantees sogginess?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Amiel from BA made a Paratha, kielbasa and kraut wrap. Turns out we're all going insane.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Amiel from BA made a Paratha, kielbasa and kraut wrap. Turns out we're all going insane.

Listen. Paratha tacos are the next big thing.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
roti prata tacos

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Liquid Communism posted:

A hot dish truck.

Does nothing but by-the-scoop cassaroles, mostly based on cream of mushroom soup.

You have to bring your own scoop

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

dino. posted:

Listen. Paratha tacos are the next big thing.

Tortillas are the regular wrap but for a $2 upcharge we'll get you into our delux ghee fried Parotta. It's like a flat croissant you'll love it. 4 bux gets you a radish filled Paratha. No, it's not misspelled the second time, it's a different thing and it'll BLOW YOUR rear end in a top hat CLEAN OFF.

Look, don't argue with me or I'm putting it in a wheat tortilla you loving boomer

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 29, 2020

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Someone in another thread said how eerie it was hearing no traffic except ambulance sirens... and an ice cream truck jingle.

Multicultural "ice cream" truck. We got traditional milkshakes, lassi, horchata, boba teas, muthafuckin' egg creams for displaced NYers who've had to hunker down in other states... summer's coming here in the northern hemisphere. and with all the restaurants dying, especially the mom'n'pop "ethnic" places, hipsters are gonna want their fix of cool dairy drinks. All you need is refrigeration and a blender, super low overhead compared to a regular food truck.

Still working on a cutesey/douchey hipster name, I'm open to suggestions.

(I also really want an egg cream now.)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Dairy Driver

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

:nice:

Also love the space stallions av.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
The Merry Cone

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Lol

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Lick 'Em And Stick 'Em

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

A food truck with a bucket full of fast-casual staples, but the only way customers are served is if they use their mouth to retrieve the items. I'll call it "bobbing for applebees"

biggfoo
Sep 12, 2005

My god, it's full of :jeb:!
Please may I have S'more? S'more dessert truck, mix and match different flavored marshmallow/graham/chocolates. Maybe a little infrared grill strip for people to toast their own and start small fires in the parking lots.

biggfoo fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 8, 2020

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Yakitori A Go-Go.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Someone in another thread said how eerie it was hearing no traffic except ambulance sirens... and an ice cream truck jingle.

Multicultural "ice cream" truck. We got traditional milkshakes, lassi, horchata, boba teas, muthafuckin' egg creams for displaced NYers who've had to hunker down in other states... summer's coming here in the northern hemisphere. and with all the restaurants dying, especially the mom'n'pop "ethnic" places, hipsters are gonna want their fix of cool dairy drinks. All you need is refrigeration and a blender, super low overhead compared to a regular food truck.

Still working on a cutesey/douchey hipster name, I'm open to suggestions.

(I also really want an egg cream now.)

Go full southern.

Gravy truck. Your choice, sausage, red-eye, chicken, or brown. Plays 'Dixie' when driving around.

Grits/mashed potatoes/biscuits/egg noodles optional.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Beer truck that makes a Syrian gruit (no-hop beer) bittered with thistle and chives. Since it's almost summer, I'll offer it in a shandy mix with lemonade. It's a welcoming beer that makes you want to unload your troubles on the mug-wiping barkeep. If you can impress me with a good let-out-your-steam rant, it's $1 off a pint, so I want to call it "Syr-thistle a Shandy's Chive Brew"

biggfoo posted:

Please may I have S'more? S'more dessert truck, mix and match different flavored marshmallow/graham/chocolates. Maybe a little infrared grill strip for people to toast their own and start small fires in the parking lots.

This is phenomenal

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
If anyone steals it, I'll shank them, but IRL, I'm putting together a 90's grunge themed japanese fried food pop-up called tempura the dog.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
So like a cockney rhyming slang version of walk the dog?

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Nah dude: https://youtu.be/VUb450Alpps

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Ah okay.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

Go full southern.

Gravy truck. Your choice, sausage, red-eye, chicken, or brown. Plays 'Dixie' when driving around.

Grits/mashed potatoes/biscuits/egg noodles optional.

Name it Gravy Train, dress up the truck with a cowcatcher and such, and play a MIDI version of Ozzy's "Crazy Train" so no one can un-hear it.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Pongal/Kichidi power bowls. Bottom is pongal. You top it with your *~gluten free~*, vegan, organic, mutually masturbated cuisine of choice, and then pay $18 for the privilege.

Choices include:

- Mushroom bulgogi with chaat masala dressed raw veggies
- Shan tomato gravy (Myanmar ethnic minority group from up in the mountains) and deep fried chickpeas with saffron and cardamom spice
- Thai red curry tofu with pickled green mango

And it rotates every day, based on whatever stoner fantasy the cook comes up with each night, and can find at the whole foods.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

dino. posted:

And it rotates every day, based on whatever stoner fantasy the cook comes up with each night, and can find at the in the dumpster out back of whole foods

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
SOHLA :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMEVC5hGw0c

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

ngl, I thought her taco looked appetizing as hell. schmear of mayo was the weirdest part to me lol

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Eat This Glob posted:

ngl, I thought her taco looked appetizing as hell. schmear of mayo was the weirdest part to me lol

I feel like she conceived that recipe whilst stoned. Sounds good though.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

I legit made this for my husband's birthday one year, because two of his favorite foods in this world are tacos and hot dogs, and so we had this comic printed out and stuck on our fridge. The Macatacahodo 360 is surprisingly tasty and totally would've sold like gangbusters to the hipsters when this comic came out in 2008 or whenever.

If I show him that video he'll be at the Kroger lickety-split, I guarantee it. (Though I'm also not sure about the mayo schmear)

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

If I show him that video he'll be at the Kroger lickety-split, I guarantee it. (Though I'm also not sure about the mayo schmear)

Call me paranoid, but considering that prior to all these working at home videos, the BA crew are definitely the kind of people that would gladly take five minutes to whip together homemade aioli, there has been an incredible conspicuous use and up-front center-framing of specifically Hellmann's mayo in a -lot- of recipes.

The grilled cheese video alone probably skyrocketed sales of Helmann's overnight.

Did you hear Molly is on her fourth (yes, fourth) bottle of Helmann's this month alone????? Fourth.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I (shamefully) picked these up at ALDI. I thought they were going to be chickpea-filled samosas, which sounded ok, but then I realized they called them "Naanpanadas"? They couldn't even go for the superior portmanteau of enpamosa?

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
WHAT IS THE ASTERISK LEADING TO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly