Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

dino. posted:

WHAT IS THE ASTERISK LEADING TO.

* NAANPANADAS ARE A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF ALIYA'S FOODS LIMITED

Isn't there like, a symbol for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

dino. posted:

That said. Cassoulet Roulette sounds like a solid concept to me. You have the main option which is a classic cassoulet. It’s made vegan, but there’s roasted meats on the side to make it more traditional if you want. But then there’s the Cassoulet of the Day (which is the Roulette past) where chef finds whatever bits and bobs they can at the store, and knocks up a ~fusion~ cassoulet. Which, to be honest, is basically daal but less expensive spices and more random ingredients. But see, now it’s fancy.
That does sound loving solid. And if you guess chef’s CoTD extras ( “What was in ze barrels? Nooooo, better luck next time!!”) you get a free one next visit. Love it.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Eeyo posted:

* NAANPANADAS ARE A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF ALIYA'S FOODS LIMITED

Isn't there like, a symbol for that?

Hah! No, look up and you’ll see some douche canoe ‘registered’ “Journey to...”

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

dino. posted:

I misread this as “cassoulet roulette” and got vaguely excited for a moment. And then saw it was casserole. :(

That said. Cassoulet Roulette sounds like a solid concept to me. You have the main option which is a classic cassoulet. It’s made vegan, but there’s roasted meats on the side to make it more traditional if you want. But then there’s the Cassoulet of the Day (which is the Roulette past) where chef finds whatever bits and bobs they can at the store, and knocks up a ~fusion~ cassoulet. Which, to be honest, is basically daal but less expensive spices and more random ingredients. But see, now it’s fancy.

There's a gamer pub near me that does a random burger. The order form is a character sheet. You roll a D20 to pick the meat (or non-meat), bun, filing, sauce, alignment, etc. I've done that for my last two birthdays and it's turned out surprisingly well.

Other stuff that seems like it should belong in this thread but is actual food created by people who weren't douchey hipsters:

butter chicken poutine. (This is a real thing and actually standard pub fare in Canada.)

Footlong chip and cheese roti. There was (is?) a place in Durban called Johnny's Rotis that's open 24 hours and their whole menu is variations of this. It was the best 4am post-clubbing food.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl

Lead out in cuffs posted:

There's a gamer pub near me that does a random burger. The order form is a character sheet. You roll a D20 to pick the meat (or non-meat), bun, filing, sauce, alignment, etc.

So what makes a burger Lawful Evil?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

gegi posted:

So what makes a burger Lawful Evil?

It comes out exactly like a Big Mac.

Edit: or it looks like Mayor McCheese

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 14, 2020

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

left... beef?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Haha the burger comes with a glossy playing card with its stats and a description.

https://shop.stormcrow.com/products/d-d-burger-alignment-11x17-art-poster

The caption for lawful evil is "Perhaps best not to ask what kind of meat goes into the patties."

The first burger I rolled was a neutral evil salmon burger. Tar sands pipelines were (and are) a big environmental issue over here, so I named it "Spawn of Kinder Morgan".

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Bacalao, but with typical jerky flavors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrongThreadFred
Dec 19, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
oops, wrong thread, disregard