Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I wish Star Trek would go back to exploring ancient civilizations that fell victim to the worst parts of our nature, like The Forbidden Planet. More bizarre aliens, like The Crystalline Entity or the Vampire Pancakes. More stories where we see people grow over time, like a dopey henchman finding his gift as an engineer. Maybe they could do an Idiocracy-style planet, where the final piece of communication is just one sick burn on alien Twitter.

Let the Federation be that fully-automated-luxury-space-communism that we strive toward, and show that the values we hold dear like peace, harmony, understanding, learning, and growth are generally practiced by its people.

Also, tell Section 31 or the Mirror Universe story writers to gently caress off for a series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Mirror universe episodes are cool, and good, at least until discovery anyway.

I strongly believe that Mirror Universe episodes should be a momentary diversion, not a major plot point. As the audience, we live in an imperfect world. It's nice to escape from that for an hour.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

FunkyAl posted:

In Geordi's defense, I believe that the ship's computer was explicitly trying to manipulate him into falling for her by taking the form of Lea Brahms

The Enterprise computer wanted Geordi for itself.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I want Star Trek with more alien crewmembers, and species that are not just one-offs. Especially Tellarites. Tellarites make me laugh, and I can imagine having one as part of the core cast would rule. They are grumpy pig-dwarves for whom arguments are an art form.

What I'm saying is that Tellarites are goons, and that I want to be in a Star Trek show.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Your desires are bad, you smell awful and your romulan ale is just synthehol

Turn on your viewscreen and activate your maintenance and cleaning system.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

My dream trek takes place at Star Fleet Engineering and stars a class of wacky upstarts who dunk on the old ship designs all day, while Dean LaForge tries to keep order despite a campus-wide prank war!

A bit like Better Off Ted, but set in the 24th Century and run by fully-automated luxury space communists rather than overly bubbly high-tech corporate suits?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Understandable. I was just explaining the reality of the situation. One of these days I'm gonna do a big effort post on my personal Trek Arrowverse idea.

If it involves Cisco Ramon kicking rear end, then I'm already sold.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Ghostlight posted:

*Sisko Ramon

noice

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Statutory Ape posted:

also we should save the whales

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Do Probes Dream of Synthetic Whales?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Just need a bridge full of Gorn, Saurians, Tosk, Selay, and Rigellians (no, not Rigelians).

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

"Unidentified Federation Vessel, please identify yourself."

"Transmitting identification right now."

"Federation Vessel NCC-8008135, you are clear to proceed."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

My dream Trek has a ship exploring strange new worlds and lost civilizations. It's crewmembers are friends who are able to argue and joke with each other. They visit defunct civilizations that were brought down by things like unrepentant bigotry, blind faith in false gods, the pursuit of unsustainable pleasure over the survival of the planet. They meet bizarre, inscrutable aliens whose encounters challenge their ideals. At the end of the episode, the crewmembers get to talk about how these encounters affected them. Perhaps they faltered from their ideals. Perhaps they looked into the abss and blinked. However, the camaraderie they have with each other pulls them back from the brink, and helps them heal and become better than they were before.

I want a Trek where my characters are heroes who beat challenges by being good people, not antiheroes who defeat the villain of the week by becoming worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

All of these Trek threads are making me want to run a Something Awful version of Lasers and Feelings