Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
You ever sigh when every thread bookmarked in the index has a triple-digit new postcount? I just wanted a quick read, I don't have time right now to catch up on the ongoing saga of what they're doing at Reddit or on Capitol Hill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Can’t wait to sigh when I see new posts in this one

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

i've been trying to catch up with the schadenthread for aobut 6 months now op

can relate

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
We need some reboots

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Can some of them be the fun kind of reboot

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Nein. I have satories to tell, but you would never bel9i8ve it.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Will someone please help this poor poster? Read all his megathreads and create a post updating him so he doesn't have to read too many posts! I'd do it but I uh gotta wash my hair.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Triple digit? Some of these have shot up more than 1000 pages if you don't read every second for at least one day.

SirShakes
Jul 13, 2012

ISSAPEEPO
The r/relationships thread moves so fast that I can never find the in thread reference the new title is based on. I swear the thread title changes more than some threads have posts.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SirShakes posted:

The r/relationships thread moves so fast that I can never find the in thread reference the new title is based on. I swear the thread title changes more than some threads have posts.

It should always maintain /r/relationships? It’s been rebooted twice?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Threads are for fun and enjoyment. There is no rush.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Time management

If your social life is interfering with your reading time pick a friend to ghost

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I end up drifting away from the forums sometimes because I'm just so far behind in all my threads. Lately I just skip to the end a lot. I wonder what I'm missing... also I always hope I'm not kramering in if i post

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
There's too many megathreads. Bring back the 100 page limit

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
There's threads in games ehere thry judt rolled it over yo the next sewuel in the series ehich came out oike 4 years lster. That's fumb ss gently caress

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

JK Fresco posted:

There's threads in games ehere thry judt rolled it over yo the next sewuel in the series ehich came out oike 4 years lster. That's fumb ss gently caress

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The shadenfreude and cursed images threads are full of reposts, and that's part of the reason they move so fast. I often see the same image/video reposted on the exact same page. Like all the poster had to do was scroll up a little bit, but instead they blindly posted an image into a thread they clearly don't even read. IMO reposts whose originals can be found on the most recent 3 pages should be autobans.

The r/relationships thread moves insanely fast because it sources all its posts from a subreddit, meaning there's an absolutely miniscule amount of effort involved in making a new post. At least 200 words of commentary on why the quoted post is funny/interesting/terrible should be required or else probe.

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Apr 26, 2020

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

The shadenfreude and cursed images threads are full of reposts, and that's part of the reason they move so fast. I often see the same image/video reposted on the exact same page. Like all the poster had to do was scroll up a little bit, but instead they blindly posted an image into a thread they clearly don't even read. IMO reposts whose originals can be found on the most recent 3 pages should be autobans.

The r/relationships thread moves insanely fast because it sources all its posts from a subreddit, meaning there's an absolutely miniscule amount of effort involved in making a new post. At least 200 words of commentary on why the quoted post is funny/interesting/terrible should be required or else probe.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm 2 years behind on OSHA and counting :allears:

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Yeah I just don't bother to read all the fast moving mega threads. There's only so much time I have. Especially when some of them legit have hundreds of posts per hour.

I just stick to the ol reliables.
OSHA
Cursed/blessed images
NEET
Chinar
Reddit thread

To name a few

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I much perfer omega threads like this one lmaooo

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spinz posted:

Time management

If your social life is interfering with your reading time pick a friend to ghost

Check in with the watch. Match it up to your schedule. That way you can know when people are busy and not be disappoint. :shrug:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Daikloktos posted:

You ever sigh when every thread bookmarked in the index has a triple-digit new postcount? I just wanted a quick read, I don't have time right now to catch up on the ongoing saga of what they're doing at Reddit or on Capitol Hill

Sounds like you got the coronovirus ennui

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Daikloktos posted:

This happens to me all the time with some of my favorite threads, like the coronavirus thread and doomsday economics in C-SPAM.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Burt Sexual posted:

It should always maintain /r/relationships? It’s been rebooted twice?

Can we have an RSF where every day every thread gets gassed? That could promote some cool experimental threads

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Ratjaculation posted:

I see what you did there, Devils Affricate

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Same happens in the OHSA thread, someone posts something that was posted twice in the last two pages and the thread derails into a wrong-think attack and then that turns into a "discussion" aka posters ranting over their personal opinions of podcasters that aren't around to defend themselves. I see 15 new posts and like one of them is OSHA content.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
just click to last post and read backwards until you get bored

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'm 2 years behind on OSHA and counting :allears:

Hop back in. They are arguing about how to pronounce names of cities.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Ground floor of the not feeling like reading a megathread MEGATHREAD

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Just skip to the last pages of the threads, I do when I'm way behind.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Burt Sexual posted:

We need some reboots
heck no people need to handle their own ocd not make it other peoples issue

JK Fresco posted:

There's too many megathreads. Bring back the 100 page limit
when you fall behind just skip to the most recent n00th page
or if the info isnt chronologically relevant just read from where youre at. its good content just the same

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

grillster posted:

Same happens in the OHSA thread, someone posts something that was posted twice in the last two pages and the thread derails into a wrong-think attack and then that turns into a "discussion" aka posters ranting over their personal opinions of podcasters that aren't around to defend themselves. I see 15 new posts and like one of them is OSHA content.

This is the kind of rot that megathreads encourage

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
See also: megathread "regulars" turning the thread into their personal blogs where they judt post or rsnt about thingd thst hsvr literally nothing to o do with the thrrad topic

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
You'll read your nice megathreads or you won't have any dessert!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JK Fresco posted:

This is the kind of rot that megathreads encourage

Mod edit 2:
Make a new thread if you post three pages of derail stuff. Like the volunteer fire thing could be a total thread by itself for 10 pages. I’d like to keep this light and fun and snappy. Don’t derail, long story short lol - Burt

Please just report and don’t add to them w “this poo poo sucks”, not you personally just I’ve seen that too. Help us out man.

naem
May 29, 2011

I like when someone reposts your exact post line for line as if you’re secretly being erased from existence

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Daikloktos posted:

Did you know magic is real?

BanditCat
Apr 27, 2005

Daikloktos posted:

All the time. Hey what's my reg date? Just checking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its just SO HARD *falls face first onto bed and flails*