Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
those chinamen just can't do as good of a job as a real AMERICAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

It's not a problem with the people doing the job.

It's a problem with the people who buy the items.

You may not eat fast food, But millions of people do every day because it's fast, easy, cheap enough, and addictive.
It's the same with cars, utensils, phones, pens, shoes, exercise equipment. A lot of the current entire culture is based upon a "use it once and throw it away" mentality. Landfills are filling up with trash. Nobody cares if they have a bad crappy part, they have enough money to toss it away and buy another in few months when it breaks.

That is infact part of the appeal, you get to buy it again and experience that endorphin rush again which helps distract you from the daily grind that is our modern capitalist dystopia.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Switchback posted:

Ok I'm going to focus on practical actions that can help you find some peace with your job, because obviously telling you "yup, it sucks, that's capitalism!" isn't the answer you want to hear.

Ok you're talking about managing down, that you're in charge of how people use the defective parts. You need to be managing up. Is every instance of a defective part getting emailed to every senior manager in your company, every time? People don't fix problems that aren't a blaring siren in their face, are you being that siren? Closed mouths don't get fed.

Obviously yelling at us is a total waste of effort, what are we going to do? Not sure if you're in this boat, but my experience working is that most employees bitch to the wrong people who can't do anything to solve the problem.

Make the consequence of failure be having to deal with your (OP's) shitfit. Escalate. Put the people who made this decision on blast so they look bad to the people above them (always with an economic argument and zero emotion, which is not how you've presented your case in this thread).

And if you can't make a strong economic argument that $XX is saved by using higher-quality manufacturer, well sorry then you have no case. The idea that one american manufacturer doesn't even bid because they can't do the full scope in-house means you need to write different scopes and manage more than one subcon. If that means YOU re-writing the scope and sending it back to your tender team, DO IT. People, generally, are pretty keen to accept work that's already done for them.

I know it's weirdly satisfying to be angry and rage at the internet about the larger framework of our economy, (and I'm sure I'm assuming you're able to employ more agency at work than you actually can) but you could use that emotion in more effective ways. Like, the world sucks, you're not going to change the entire short-term-profits-and-growth economic system by screaming at Something Awful Dot Com Goons, but getting your company to switch manufacturers because your existing supplier keeps providing defective parts should be a pretty clear-cut economic decision.

Countries that manufacture higher quality goods than America: Germany, Switzerland, EU (which is 27 different countries!), UK, Sweden, Canada, Italy, Japan and France. America # 8! (or like #35 if you count European countries separately)

American Exceptionalism is such a weird attitude.

Also maybe just wait, you don't think after coronavirus there will be dramatic shifts in our economy and supply lines?

I can't believe america beat us.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Shadow0 posted:

Lol, I thought the same thing.

Page 1:
OP: ":words:"
SP: ":capitalism:"
OP: "You clown, you fool, you utter baffoon!"

Every other post:
Everyone: ":capitalism:"
OP: "Hmm, yes, thAt's True."

Hearing about people's jobs is genuinely one of the best parts of SA.

What I'm curious about is how you need to be always ordering these novel parts? I would have thought by now you would have your trusted suppliers and you'd be all set to go. Are you constantly changing what you build? Or do you just occasionally need new people to supply the same parts? Or is it just people up top switching things up to try to save money?

his company sounds disorganised and cheap. you can probably always shop around and find someone with a factory that is slow that will do a job below normal rates. you have saved some cash but that supplier isn't going to invest to work with you, it's not worth the risk. they know they are going to get hosed over at some point down the line.

lol capitalism is true a lot of the time but companies can also get overrun by idiots at a management level.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bad parts makers have the best marketing departments, i.e. the entire field of the bogus science economics. That's all there is to it. The fact that the term "best cost countries" (used to be "low cost countries") exists as more than a joke is testament to their effectiveness.

E: also America is a third-world country without a de facto functioning government right now and China can literally sell you whatever they want because what the hell are you going to do about it? Tweet?

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Apr 27, 2020

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

JK Fresco posted:

They're straight up threatening us with this

:yikes:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

In my headcanon, that's the full title of the article. Just China being like a really weird, insecure bodybuilder at the gym threatening to literally just pick up and throw the entire United States as far as it can.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I was picturing wrestlers.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Time_pants posted:

This is the sort of thinking that gets a CEO bounced by the board of directors. The only thing that matters to shareholders is the next quarter. "This part costs $5 million and will last one year, and that part costs $20 million and lasts 10 years? Why'd you waste my time telling me about the second one? Give me the $5 million part! Gotta make this quarter's earnings call look good!"

Long-term thinking is not only discouraged, it is scorned and outright punished. The only time anyone in a position to meaningfully make these decisions doesn't give a poo poo about the cheap, shoddily manufactured part until it fails and results in enough deaths that can't quietly be settled out of court and they have to appear in front of the press to speak in platitudes, feign contrition, make empty promises, and offer vague assurances that they will "do better going forward so this will Never Happen Again" while secretly hoping that the share price won't dip low enough that they won't be able to afford a personal jet this year just kidding, they'll just lay off some employees to make up the difference and then use the savings from their "difficult decision" to justify a huge bonus for themselves and then roll up their sleeves, laying low, keeping quiet, do everything possible short of actually fixing the problem to fly under the press' radar until the news cycles.

The crazy thing is that the dynastic conglomerates in places like Japan are actually less prone to this so long as the founding family is still in charge since they have a vested interest in the long term health of the company.

Some guy becoming CEO because he's the son of thr current CEO might actually work better than the current system

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
trumps bringing it back!!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Switchback posted:

Countries that manufacture higher quality goods than America: Germany, Switzerland, EU (which is 27 different countries!), UK, Sweden, Canada, Italy, Japan and France. America # 8! (or like #35 if you count European countries separately)

American Exceptionalism is such a weird attitude.

Also maybe just wait, you don't think after coronavirus there will be dramatic shifts in our economy and supply lines?

This is a graph of people's perceptions, not any objective graph of quality.

Edit: also 27+ 8 doesn't make sense if other countries of the EU are already part of the graph.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Methanar posted:

those chinamen just can't do as good of a job as a real AMERICAN

Dont do this methanar

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba
where is vodka where is marinated herring?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

JK Fresco posted:

The crazy thing is that the dynastic conglomerates in places like Japan are actually less prone to this so long as the founding family is still in charge since they have a vested interest in the long term health of the company.

Some guy becoming CEO because he's the son of thr current CEO might actually work better than the current system

America is exceptional in this regard, I feel. Not in a good way--more of a "we are denying bond because of the exceptionally violent nature of the crime" sort of way. You mentioned Japanese businesses, so I'm going to take that as an excuse to go off on a rant here since I lived in Japan for five years, so it's the foreign country whose news I'm most familiar with and still follow, but I say that knowing that the examples I'm about to give aren't so much entirely unique to/a product of Japanese culture so much as it is that American culture is so devoid of this sort of behavior that the whole world seems really foreign, incomprehensible, and unrelatable.

It is well-known by a lot of internet people that the president of Nintendo elected to take a significant pay cut (on two occasions, if I remember right) when the company was in financial trouble to avoid having to lay anyone off, but that sort of thing isn't at all uncommon across any number of industries in Japan. The executives of a notoriously lovely conversation school I worked at in Nara and Tokyo all elected to forgo their entire bonuses and some of their salary to avoid laying anyone off--and, again, this is a place widely regarded by teachers and staff, both domestic and foreign, for having a lovely reputation for how they treat their employees.

I alsoremember shortly after the Fukushima reactor melted down after the tsunamis that I read that the oldest and most senior plant workers were volunteering to go back into the plant, risking their own lives and health, so the younger plant workers with young children wouldn't have to take that risk. I cannot loving imagine American boomers willingly offering to make that same sacrifice since they paid their dues, after all.

I mean, human beings are fundamentally selfish, I get that. There's no country or culture on Earth where you won't find examples of selfish, greedy behavior, but the selfishness, greed, short-sightedness, and apparent malice that underlies American business culture is so foundational, so elemental, so rotten to its very marrow that many of us simply cannot conceive there could possibly another way.

Even something that virtually every other country has, such as paid maternity/parental leave, elicits such howling anger from an enormous segment of the population. And what is invariably the very first argument against requiring all employers to make maternity/parental leave available? "Wouldn't people just X, Y, and Z to take advantage of it?" Because that's how loving deep the poison has seeped into the American culture's veins: instinctually, our brains immediately track to how to exploit a system that should exist for the public good for personal gain.

I do not know how you even begin to try and mend what a culture so broken? How do you even begin to address a people with psychological scars that deep?

I dunno. They'll probably feel better if we announce a dividend for shareholders. That'll cheer everybody up.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

bluewolf78 posted:

I till tell you that some of the motors we built in this shop still last today

companies want things to fall apart so they can sell you things again. if all you care about is making more money, it's great

colluding with the other manufacturers is important to make sure no one makes something too good. and 'merging' until you only have one or two manufacturers left that have agreed not to compete is best

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I remember the last few years of Craftsman tools that were still made in the USA being sold at Sears. They were some of the sloppiest, shittiest, out of spec hot garbage gently caress tools that sucked rear end. The only reason they were still overpriced junk that sold was because Boomers remember actual good Craftsman tools from the sixties to the eighties, and they still thought they were a premium line like the tools of yore. Also, the whole “made in the USA” patriotic jizz.

Once production switched to China, the quality improved immensely, pretty close to old Craftsman specs, but Boomers wouldn’t buy them because “made in China.” Now they’re sold at Lowe’s. gently caress Sears.

I noticed the same thing with Converse Chuck Taylors. I used to wear them in high school in the ‘90s when they were still made in the USA. Every year I’d buy a new pair because they would last pretty much exactly a year and then disintegrate spectacularly. Then they started making them in Vietnam and China, and well, I’ve got a couple of Chinese pairs that are like fifteen years old and still in decent shape.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Probably racism is one big reason. People don't feel like they have common ground.

See also:

JK Fresco fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 28, 2020

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I was on a job where the first step of fabrication was all done in india. Normally our shop would do it, and then send it out to the yard (adjacent to the shop) who'd assemble it into larger structures, which would then get sent to site.

So instead of doing that, a nameless fabrication facility in india fabricated all this poo poo together, stuffed it into these sketchy loving crates that they built, and then stuffed those crates into sea cans to ship to us across the ocean.
Standard procedure is that any time something comes across you, you check it. If the pipe cutter sends you a pipe, you check the grade, the schedule, the length. It takes 5 minutes tops and saves hundreds of hours. Later on the yard checks all the poo poo they get from the shop, just to rule anything out because everyone makes mistakes

So we'd haul this poo poo out of these crates with great effort, unload and sort it into a laydown, and then load it back onto a trailer, and then send the trailer to the yard where it needs to go, and then unload it again. Then the yard guys would pull a measuring tape on it and go "what the gently caress is this poo poo this is wrong". So it would go back to the shop to get fixed at the cost of the client who decided on this india fabrication.

The client got super pissy, not because the subcontrator they hired in india really sucked, but because we were QCing stuff that was coming from them. They said, quite angrily, "we already paid for that poo poo to get QC'd, we aren't paying you to do it too. Stop QCing it." Which is super loving dumb because as a matter of course we check everything that comes through our hands because we're tradesmen who build somewhat quality stuff and take pride in our work.
So we stopped checking under threat of being fired. Then when they went to assemble all this poo poo, about 1/3 of it was so hosed that they couldn't make it work. The 2/3 that did "work" looked like absolute poo poo. Only once we spent hours of hard work trying to make this obviously wrong poo poo work were we allowed to call the client in to show them that it doesn't work. Then we could send it back to the shop at their dime. It was a loving nightmare.

Despite 1/3 of the work being completely trash and literally thrown in the garbage, to be completely remade by us, they apparently still saved millions of dollars by going through this poo poo company in india.

It was obvious the QC in india had no qualifications or incentive to do their job properly, and maybe even a literal incentive to not do it properly. I was so happy to not have to install that poo poo at site because I was pretty sure it would explode and kill someone. For all we know they had children welding all this poo poo together getting paid pennies, because that's what it looked like. There was no traceability to welders or material like there normally is with stuff made here.
So the multibillion dollar corporation found a way to squeeze out a tiny bit more profit at the probable cost of human lives.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

hey yall whats going on itt

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

I every time I started reading the OP's posts I couldn't help but imagine them in the voice of a NE or midwest tough, in a wife-beater and hardhat. All like "EEY I'm WALKIN' 'EAR!" or "oh you think this bullshit gimmick posting makes you look tough or what BIG GUY?! AY some of us work for a livin' and got time for this IRONIC POSTING PERSONA BULLSHIT!!"

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
I've worked with a bunch of manufacturers in China, and a couple in North America.

It's kinda hard to even feel bad about the end of US manufacturing dominance when they are objectively worse in cost, quality, lead times, and even customer service.

Like, all of my NA experiences have been trash. Why the gently caress would I pay more for that

Your problem, OP, is that your company is taking on the financial cost of bad parts, and also single sourcing your parts so have no recourse when they fail QA. Any competent supply chain manager would be making sure your contract allows for penalties, and sourcing from at least two places so when one of the manufacturers go down the shitter, you can drop them like a bad habit.

This is something you need to do for US manufacturers as well, this is not a new strategy.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02m_oByCJ8A

this guy but it's America's manufacturing sector he's craddling instead of a baby coyote

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Posting in a quality (inspector's) thread. :-)

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
the best thing i saw working a factory was when some dude pulled a heist on the heavily used vending machines in the break room.

everybody keyed into the building, but one of the entrances was right by the break room, which you could tell it was the break room from like across the street. this dude had a big tool bag and knocked on the door, and one of the young temp ladies let him in because, ya know, he had a tool bag. while most of the upper management and even the owner's son sat there bullshitting over their coffee, this guy slowly but surely drained coins into the bag and came away with over $1,000. closed up the service and was gone.

factories are pretty boring, you live for moments like those. other than that occasionally the more junior machine operators would lose their poo poo at one other and start a screaming match throwing bad plastic at one another.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

North American manufacturing has taken a hit in a couple ways.

The obvious one. it's cheaper to send poo poo overseas and inspect it here. For example, I had to have an injection mold made. We shopped around for local suppliers who all charged $25k to $35k which was well out of my budget. Plus, parts made with it were in the 2-3$ range in a quantity of 1000. I found a supplier in China who would do it for $5500 and the finished parts were about $1.50 at the same quantity. I was unsure but went with it anyways. The mold and the finished parts were excellent and all of the tolerances were met. We like to make fun of China and their quality but don't forget that we used to say the same thing about Japan. They just have to get over their culture of 'barely good enough' and they'll be kicking everyone's rear end.

A lack of tradespeople in North America. I remember being told in the 80's and 90's that if we didn't do well in school that we'd have to be tradespeople. This was a common thread throughout the educational system and culture in general. We were told that having a trade was for stupid people. Hence why we have everybody and their dog is going into business and IT, regardless of whether or not it suits their abilities. We've made the concept of being a trades-person unappealing thus we have far fewer machinists to train up and all of the older machinists are retiring.

When it comes to pricing and lead times, I think that we could be competitive here in North America but we've gotten lazy and complacent culturally. Many companies have so many layers of bureaucracy and overhead that it's impossible to compete with the smaller hungrier companies overseas.

We can rebuild manufacturing, but people are going to have to be willing to pay the price.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
IT is a trade lol. Most of it at least. And most workers are no different from tradesmen. The majority just do the thing they were trained to do in the first way they learned it. Over and over, even when it's not the best approach.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 28, 2020

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Mr son is doing industrial automation which is a blend of it and factory floor poo poo. At a juco. I encouraged it v much.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I remember reading in chinathread about Chinese manufacturing, and basically China is perfectly capable of making reliable quality stuff when that's what makes them the money. Usually having someone onsite making sure they do, but still. They just recognise that there's no reason to put in more effort and expense than your client demands when they'll keep buying your cheap garbage.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Tarkus posted:

The obvious one. it's cheaper to send poo poo overseas and inspect it here. For example, I had to have an injection mold made. We shopped around for local suppliers who all charged $25k to $35k which was well out of my budget. Plus, parts made with it were in the 2-3$ range in a quantity of 1000. I found a supplier in China who would do it for $5500 and the finished parts were about $1.50 at the same quantity. I was unsure but went with it anyways. The mold and the finished parts were excellent and all of the tolerances were met. We like to make fun of China and their quality but don't forget that we used to say the same thing about Japan. They just have to get over their culture of 'barely good enough' and they'll be kicking everyone's rear end.

A lack of tradespeople in North America. I remember being told in the 80's and 90's that if we didn't do well in school that we'd have to be tradespeople. This was a common thread throughout the educational system and culture in general. We were told that having a trade was for stupid people. Hence why we have everybody and their dog is going into business and IT, regardless of whether or not it suits their abilities. We've made the concept of being a trades-person unappealing thus we have far fewer machinists to train up and all of the older machinists are retiring.

When it comes to pricing and lead times, I think that we could be competitive here in North America but we've gotten lazy and complacent culturally. Many companies have so many layers of bureaucracy and overhead that it's impossible to compete with the smaller hungrier companies overseas.

We can rebuild manufacturing, but people are going to have to be willing to pay the price.

My wife and I were talking about what I'd change if I could go back in time and I would have skipped college. The high school where I teach (and graduated from) has an excellent career center and I'm the high school guy that preps the freshman and sophomores to move onto precision machining, building trades, auto mechanics, welding with entry level machining, construction transportation and dual-credit manufacturing classes.

We have students walking out into industry (manufacturing) straight from high school making $65k+ at 18. One that I talked to recently is going to make just under $70k and they're paying for his associates so that when he's finished his pay will increase further.

This is Indiana where $65k is a nice salary and won't relegate you to the bottom of the food chain at the local homeless camp like in CA or NY. I can't imagine what I would have done with the equivalent of $65k in 1993,

One of our counselors luckily changed jobs recently because she was about my age, but practiced 80s-90s counseling with the "everyone but life skills students need to go to college"-attitude. Our school has had a horrible percentage for years for students who graduate high school and drop out of college by the end of the first year. Luckily that has started to change and

I like teaching, but sometimes I think it would have been really nice to be making 1.5x the money I make now from 18 on.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Time_pants posted:

Even something that virtually every other country has, such as paid maternity/parental leave, elicits such howling anger from an enormous segment of the population. And what is invariably the very first argument against requiring all employers to make maternity/parental leave available? "Wouldn't people just X, Y, and Z to take advantage of it?" Because that's how loving deep the poison has seeped into the American culture's veins: instinctually, our brains immediately track to how to exploit a system that should exist for the public good for personal gain.

I do not know how you even begin to try and mend what a culture so broken? How do you even begin to address a people with psychological scars that deep?

I dunno. They'll probably feel better if we announce a dividend for shareholders. That'll cheer everybody up.

America closest in domestic social welfare to other settler countries that had huge numbers of slaves, like Brazil.

To answer the question, this country has garbage infrastructure and is set up inefficiently for manufacturing. Additionally, there's a huge mismatch between the kind of people needed for manufacturing vs. what the US trains. Something like 40% of chinese college graduates and 26% of german grads are engineers, while that number in the US is 3.5%. Business is the most popular major in the US, not engineering like in manufacturing-oriented nations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Khorne posted:

IT is a trade lol. Most of it at least. And most workers are no different from tradesmen. The majority just do the thing they were trained to do in the first way they learned it. Over and over, even when it's not the best approach.

I'm not bemoaning IT. It is however largely considered a profession as far as I know. I would also hazard a guess that the field is highly saturated especially since the late 90's to mid 2000's. Not sure what the common career paths are now.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

America closest in domestic social welfare to other settler countries that had huge numbers of slaves, like Brazil.

To answer the question, this country has garbage infrastructure and is set up inefficiently for manufacturing. Additionally, there's a huge mismatch between the kind of people needed for manufacturing vs. what the US trains. Something like 40% of chinese college graduates and 26% of german grads are engineers, while that number in the US is 3.5%. Business is the most popular major in the US, not engineering like in manufacturing-oriented nations.

Engineering is a lot of work to get into snd then your income plateaus pretty fast unless you go into management. Also you have no power - everything is controlled from above

Management in America makes waaaay more money compared to im places likr Germany. American businesses sre ridiculously top hesvy and hsve huge amounts of admin and management just because.

So if you're a white guy ehy wouldn't you skip the work and just get paid more to do less?

JK Fresco fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 28, 2020

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Tarkus posted:

We’re finding the opposite with our molds. The prices are becoming similar to North America and we spent so much time fixing the ones we bought that we are pulling production back and now Eastern Europe is our new best friend.

That and China was jailing our citizens because they are mad about that telecom exec lady.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

JK Fresco posted:

So if you're a white guy ehy wouldn't you skip the work and just get paid more to do less?

Yeah lol that 's totally true. Most of the guys I went to school with were in the ECE program and literally none of them do any electrical or computer engineering outside of writing code or managing people who write code.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

A lot about America makes sense realising that it never really got over chattel slavery.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A lot about America makes sense realising that it never really got over chattel slavery.

It never stopped practicing it

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Noblesse Obliged posted:

We’re finding the opposite with our molds. The prices are becoming similar to North America and we spent so much time fixing the ones we bought that we are pulling production back and now Eastern Europe is our new best friend.

That and China was jailing our citizens because they are mad about that telecom exec lady.

Yeah, it should be said that I bought the molds 8 years ago. Prices in China have been going up across the board. That said, I wouldn't order anything from India yet. I've received crates of all manner of garbage that have had to be reworked or outright scrapped because the material was too poor or it was just hosed beyond belief.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Tarkus posted:

Yeah, it should be said that I bought the molds 8 years ago. Prices in China have been going up across the board. That said, I wouldn't order anything from India yet. I've received crates of all manner of garbage that have had to be reworked or outright scrapped because the material was too poor or it was just hosed beyond belief.

Pretty much the only manufacturing going on in India is compliance-driven token production to satisfy market requirements. While for the most part there isn't a huge layer of Chinese people in the US in middle management pushing for outsourcing to China, IT outsourcing to India is largely driven by Indian-Americans in middle management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
has anybody seen how chinese factory workers do like, group dances and goofy teambuilding stuff. i wonder how much more productive it makes them

no way in hell id do that poo poo