Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

The one that benefits Cailu's next payday the most. I think C, but it is early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

D

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Do what we can for our bro

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Quality and statsWork for now.

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 1, 2020

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

PMush Perfect posted:

B. Get BUFF.

This. Especially since we still need 4 points of STR to actually use our shield!

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

C Need to get these shields done to get a new recipe. Destroyah the berserker wants a weapon, and all we know how to make are dagger axes and elf arrows. and smith hammers I guess

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

D

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

D for this one

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

B

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
A

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Quality and Stats for now.
Day 21

You wake up with a yawn and it dawns on you how used to your current schedules you are - your fixing of your eyes, your washing your face, heading down to take some food to go from Yorda - a sandwich with a frankly oversized slab of meat and an egg today - and then get going to the smithy. This life was feeling incredibly normal to you, a little more normal than thinking back to real life - having a consistent schedule with friends you saw daily was weirdly fun. And the hard work was certainly hard, but having numbers literally tell you that you were getting better always got you pumped to do more. And that was the attitude you carried into the smithy this morning, as you headed to grab the charcoal and started lifting the heaviest bags you could. You needed to get stronger to handle your new shield, after all.

That didn't mean you weren't going to help Cailu work today, but as you carried the charcoal you knew exactly what you really needed to do - actually get back to doing the hard labor. That meant no more magic woodworking skill to shape your wood for you, and no more deciding something was good enough. You were going to work hard on making the toughest shield you could, because handling that work would certainly help your muscle strength. Cailu doesn't bat an eye as you start lifting the heavier bags and struggling to carry them, he just keeps setting up and then when he finishes and you're still not done, starts working on shaping his wood down, before getting the forges ready.

Despite the bags being larger, your pace is slowed by quite a bit as you struggle through the physical lifting. Part of you wished your inventory worked for this task, but on the other end you're fairly sure you wouldn't get your stat gains even if your capacity went high enough for this. So you just handle the labor as it is, trying to keep track of what muscles hurt most, and comparing it to your memory of the pain you experienced while mining. There were definitely a lot of differences in the lifting versus the mining, including just how the muscles felt - with the mining it felt like you were slowly turning them to melted magma, while you could almost feel the straining and pulling in your muscles from lifting. You were silently happy about the system making your healing process so streamlined, as you knew you certainly wouldn't be able to work like this in real life.

It takes an hour past your normal forty five minutes of set up, but Cailu doesn't complain as he finishes his three shaped pieces of wood just in time to get the forges started. He says something, but you're distracted by the windows you had expected... which didn't give you what you wanted.

code:
Your stamina have improved by two.
You curse to yourself as you see that, but you remain hopeful as you move to working on the wood, following Cailu's example for now in how to do so. You had been watching him do it even as you used a much easier method, out of curiosity for his technique. After all, it was faster than your skill, so you had to wonder if that meant it was just faster overall... but as you work at the same table he had, with the same tools, trying to use the exact same method he did? You realize your mistake - because there was absolutely nothing easier about this. In fact it was much harder, and you're still working the wood when you can smell food from Cailu eating without you. You start to get back to work, but your stomach makes an audible growl and you give up on that.

So you head over and start eating alongside him, starting the conversation for today before he gets a chance to ask you anything, "So, do you think the council's gonna replace the uh... head merchant or whatever they call them. You know, the woodworker you didn't like?" After hearing more from Yorda, you kinda get the feeling not many people liked her, despite her wealth.

He rubs at his beard for a moment as he considers it - with the same hand he had just been handling his food with - and then shrugs, "I'm guessing they'll give it a year before they replace her, unless she sends a letter to resign or someone finds her dead or something. They're pretty slow about these things. Maybe if something big happened they could be convinced to move, but..." Another large shrug, "I dunno either that well. Arbello's alright I guess, but he's too preachy about my not going to the temple every week. Chandrelle wasn't fond of me until I started making her people their weapons and armor, now she's at least professional. But I hear she only ever associates with other full blooded elves." A roll of the eyes, "You'd probably have better luck getting to know either of them. Faeries are pretty special to the Tree, and thus to the Druids, and well... I dunno if Chani's a fan or not, but she probably is, seeing how hard she tries to be the model of Lorothal beliefs." He laughs at that, patting you on the back.

"Who do you think will replace the third head, if they... ya know, decide to?" You're curious, you haven't spent much time at the market, so most of the commerce is a mystery to you.

"Well, Folwin and Folduin are probably the most successful grovetenders in town. Especially since their grove didn't have any losses from the recent monster activities. There's also Elas the tailor, she's a talented Elementalist who learned to weave clothing with her magic, so it's pretty popular - some people even travel here just for that." He nods a few times, "I think it'd be between those two businesses"

"...What about you?" You were just curious, you didn't want to push him but... "I mean, you handle every weapon and piece of armor made in town. You've been working non-stop to help the guards since I came to town. You paid me enough that I could spend a couple weeks at the nicest inns without lifting a finger. You gotta be doing pretty well compared to most businesses, right?" It was just honesty, but your honesty was met with a scowl.

"I don't want it, even if I was that successful. The town wont let my wife live in it, it's one of the few things Ar and Chani agree on... to hell with wanting to be forced into helping run it. Besides, I'm a smith to be a smith, not for the prestige. I like making these things - it would cut into my time working the forge, and especially time with my family." He finishes off his box just after finishing his explanation to you, then shrugs as he heads back to work, "Gotta find someone else for that, for sure."

You sit there and finish your meal in silence, a little confused by the idea of not wanting a higher position, but... there's nothing you can really do about it it if he doesn't want it. And it kind of makes you happy, hearing how much he values his family, you don't know why. Either way, you stand up and stretch before you head back to finishing up the shield you were working on. The carving is kind of relaxing, treating the wood makes you feel like the worries of the world aren't there for the moment, so you can't complain too much about the slower pace.

Getting to work on the plating was a little harder. You knew the shield was going to be heavier, because you wanted something that would require someone strong to carry. You figured by adding a bit of weight to the equation, you could add an equal amount of protection, and maybe make another great shield for Cailu to give to the guards. After all - the guards would probably be higher than level 1, and wild elves had more strength to begin with than you had now. So it made sense to go for the extra weight for them.

Unfortunately, the extra weight to the plating also meant extra work. You end up almost doubling the thickness of the plating, which also means that each piece you work has to be properly built to distribute its weight evenly - much harder with the thicker plating than the original thin one of your Generosity. It also means it takes more time to get it right, which leaves your muscles aching in your back and arms as you pound out a plate for the second time. Cailu is watching you by now, having already finished his work, but he's not offering any advice as he rubs his beard hair, seeming interested in your change to the normal design.

When you place the last plating in, and bolt in the straps to the back, you are given a pair of windows showing its stats, and congratulating you on a job well done.

code:
You have created a Heavy Round Shield of ‘Uncommon’ rating. 
Your two lowest stats have increased by 1.
code:
You must name your work. Your name will be engraved into the shield as part of the naming process.
code:
Unnamed Heavy Round Shield (Uncommon)
A round shield of solid design, created with a fusion of elven woodworking techniques and skilled ironworking. 
Unlike the typical design, this one is much thicker than usual, resulting in a heavier plating. 
While this slows down the user, it provides a far superior protection to the normal example, and is usable as a striking weapon.

Damage resistance: 31
Durability: 100/100
+50% damage with shield techniques.
-10% Agility to User
Resistant to durability loss.

Requirements: 28 strength, Adept Shield Proficiency
What do we name it?

You look at your creation, and you are a little surprised at it being classed as a different item - sort of. It seemed more advanced in some ways, though the penalty to agility hurt. It was almost twice as protective as Generosity, but the strength requirement was absurdly higher. Which the thought of also prompts you to look at your stats... and sure enough, you were one pip stronger from the crafting reward. It made you flex your arm, even if you were disappointed to see that your bonus to stat increases didn't seem to effect it. Still, you're happy it happened at all. That meant you got almost half a level in a single day...

You almost want to suggest to Cailu that he let you work out, as he grabs the heavy rear end shield, but as he reaches out to pat your head as he always does...

He pauses. No. The world pauses. Even you pause, unlike the first day when the players could move freely. You cannot move any inch of your body, and then you see a woman with brown-as-bark skin, hair made of leaves, and a... 'plush' figure, who speaks to you in a soft motherly voice, one you can recognize as the voice from your dream - the voice of what you believed was the Mother Tree, "My children, my Awoken champions, Citizens of Atra... I reach out to you all with a warning. My branches have become flush, flush with the memories of many goblin beings from the clans near your village. With memories of a change they are undergoing. A war between the clans. Their shamans have lost their grips on these clans due to their weakness and their many deaths, and Goblin Lords have emerged among the the now freed goblins. These beings head to war with each other, with intent on being crowned King. You must stop them - If the Goblin King is crowned, your village will fall, and so may many others."

And then your vision of her fades away, and you're left staring at a quest window.

code:
                           Rise of the Goblins Part One: The Lords Emerge
Freed from the magical oppression of the Shamans, powerful goblins from each clan have taken up leadership as Goblin Lords.
The still living shamans have placed a curse upon the Southern Forest - sapping the strength of non-Goblins. The Awoken resist this curse.
The lords are empowered by their clan's belief, creating their blessed leaders, far stronger than any other goblin.
For each lord defeated by another, they shall gain power over their clan - and the empowerment of their people.

You must defeat these lords before a victor may emerge amongst them, lest a Goblin King be birthed onto the forests of Lorothal.

Time Limit: 168 hours.

Success: Contribution based rewards. The player with the highest contribution may pick from: 
A Journeyman Skill of any type besides Dark Magic. 
Fifty stat points.
The gift of a single Growth type item of any type.

Contribution will be judged by a variety of means.

Failure: If all six Lords are not defeated within 7 days, Rise of the Goblins Part Two: The Goblin King's March begins. 
Cailu is still blinking away his confusion as he looks at you and then looks towards the temple, and then looks to the people panicking in the market, and whispers... "...So I'm not going crazy."

You nod with a blank look of your own. When you first heard the world tree speak you weren't too worried - you knew Yorda and Shaebi were both terrifyingly strong, and Cailu, if not a combatant was certainly possessing enough stats to shatter any enemy. But that note in the quest drained the vigor from you. This was an event built to be handled by players, of course the NPCs couldn't do everything for you. But your heart dropped at knowing that. You'd gotten too comfortable. You felt like as long as you stayed in town, nothing would happen and you'd have all the time in the world.

But now the world's problems were coming to you. You are about to hand the shield to Cailu but... With these problems happening, you might be able to find a better owner. You can definitely convince him to allow one of your friends to have it to defend the village. He would likely be less happy if you used this time to profit.
A. I give it to Cailu, he is my mentor and I told him I'd give him the next high quality one.
B. I give it to Tyler - he is the highest level player I know, and he uses a shield.
C. I give it to Destroyah - she said she can use all weapons, and this shield functions as a weapon.
D. I sell it to whichever one can give me more money - Cailu will be displeased if he learns.
E. Write in

Welcome to the first big 'plot' to get things moving. It's taken a lot longer to get here than I expected, oops. I gave you both player options that can make use of the shield, it is your choice who you believe needs it more - or if neither do.

We are breaking off the weekly format for now, and instead you will receive 1 Major action per day. Brainstorm plans for now. I'll post more info tomorrow, when we finish up who we are giving this shield to.

You are not unable to 'win' this event. You could potentially get the top prizes. But you are behind quite a bit on direct combat impact, so it will be difficult.

Oh yeah, and if you lose, all the NPCs you like may die, even if you're immortal.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jul 31, 2020

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

A, Cailu has been nothing but good to us.

Let’s name the shield uhhh Hospitality. Honestly, I’ll probably change this to whatever name someone else has that I like.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Tyler is a promising ally and we already know he uses a shield. I don't trust Destroyah yet.

Name: Vigilance

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

A+E: "Sounds like our schedule just got booked. General arms and armors have been working well enough for contracts, but for something like this we're going to need a hell of a lot more in both quantity and quality. Don't suppose the dwarves could give a hand with either?"

Name: If we give it to Cailu, why not let them pick? Otherwise, Arbor.

=====

Going to work on a plan later, but things I see someone (not necessarily us) needing to handle for now:
-Going to need to rally the players still bumming around town.
--Bunch of chumps who probably can't make it to the next town, might be able to get it into their heads that if the town they respawn in burns down their lives are going to get a whole lot worse.

-Going to need to arm and armor these chumps. More quality the better of course, but unarmed players aren't going to be of much help against the goblins.

-Fortifications! Walls to block the goblins, good spots to pelt them with arrows and the odd bit of magic. That sort of thing.

-Scouting parties: To, y'know. Find where the goblins leaders are at, or if any goblin raiding parties are getting a head start.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

"So take it." Then he [e: Cailu] pauses for a moment, "Though if you manage to make something even better please don't keep both. I do need some help." He's still all grins as he asks for that.

A - Fulfill Cailu's previous request. Call the new shield "A Stalwart Friend"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
A: Giving agility debuff to beginner is asking them to die. Who know which of them have Adept Shield Proficiency either.

Name: Heavy Adept Shield

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Nyaa posted:

A: Giving agility debuff to beginner is asking them to die. Who know which of them have Adept Shield Proficiency either.

Simple to the point Agreed

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

B

If we arm others, we'll probably gain event credit from their kills.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

super sweet best pal posted:

If we arm others, we'll probably gain event credit from their kills.
Won't it be better to sell it to strong NPC instead? Or keeping major NPC alive?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nyaa posted:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Guess this is the perfect opportunity to field test whether our shapeshifting will let us spy on the goblins without them attacking us. Wonder what would happen if we killed a goblin chief while disguised as a goblin, would we get the empowerment that goblin chiefs get from killing each other?

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

A

Name: Testudo

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Caliu's Tyler's Caliu's Shield

Also, it's looking like Adventures with everybody we know is in the future.

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 2, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Guess this is the perfect opportunity to field test whether our shapeshifting will let us spy on the goblins without them attacking us. Wonder what would happen if we killed a goblin chief while disguised as a goblin, would we get the empowerment that goblin chiefs get from killing each other?

Only one way to find out :black101:

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Getting the idea at least to pump these green skins for intelligenc on where these seven gitz are holding up.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

What if, against all impossible odds, we becomes the Goblin King? :classiclol:

Or pretend to be the new shaman to stop these lords.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

At dis point, we'z gotta know if dat snazzy title iz open ta da 'ardest git oo shows she'z Da Best.

If dey're startin' wifout us, dose gitz got anuffa' fing comin'!

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 1, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Vote changed see below

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 1, 2020

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B
Storm’s Eye

Our best chance of stopping a Goblin King from being crowned and keeping our NPC friends alive is to gather all the battle-hardened awoken into an adventuring party and spend the week hunting Goblin Lords.

Giving the shield to Tyler could greatly increase our odds of success.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

malbogio posted:

Our best chance of stopping a Goblin King from being crowned and keeping our NPC friends alive is to gather all the battle-hardened awoken into an adventuring party and spend the week hunting Goblin Lords.

Take a few days off of work, or the whole week?

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 1, 2020

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I see the best way is to have a scout rush on a horse to a different town or city to get reinforcements. They have to respond seriously for the emergence of a Goblin King.

Adventure guild on those city might have some vets too.

Edit: never mind, mother earth probably notified everyone.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 1, 2020

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

malbogio posted:

B
Storm’s Eye

Giving the shield to Tyler could greatly increase our odds of success.

Sounds Good

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

I wouldn't count on anyone else rescuing us. The server hasn't been up long enough for there to be awoken veterans to rely on to save the day. We don't know how many towns even have awoken ready to deal with the threat. Non-awoken can't help and other factions are probably too far away and busy dealing with their own problems.

It is entirely possible that none of the other awoken newbie villages in Lorothal are up to the challenge. We need to assemble the best strike team we can, gear up as well as we can from the market, and head out tomorrow. If we don't commit everything we have then we might not be able to defeat a Goblin Lord either. We don't have time to smith until this is over. Hunting down all six Goblin Lords could easily take a week, we don't know how long it will take to find them. We can adjust course if we get some indication that the Goblin Lords are being taken down quickly enough without our direct assistance, but I doubt that'll happen. We know when Goblin Lords defeat each other they get stronger, so waiting even a couple days could result in them growing too strong to defeat at all.

We've been putting most of our effort into increasing NPC relationships with valuable benefits. If we fail to sufficiently prioritize this quest it could result in the death of Cailu, Shaebi, and Yorda, the loss of our free room and board, and the loss of our smithy. The best way to protect our friends and our investments is to go all-in on directly contributing to the raid. If we can help the strike team defeat their first Goblin Lord then the loot should allow us to re-equip and continue steamrolling. If we instead stick to crafting the strike team might lose the fight, lose gear and XP, and need to spend several days catching up before they can make another attempt. An entirely unacceptable delay with so many targets and such high stakes.

Further this is the best opportunity to increase our shadesmithing skill that has appeared thus far. We should look to grind up our shadesmithing skill in the field if at all possible to increase the number of shades we can store. Our goal should be to collect all six Goblin Lord shades. Direct kills are great and we should aim for those since we're geared for DPS anyway, but even a Goblin Lord shade we only collected with an assist should still represent a significant boost to Aisling's personal power. If we play this right we might see Aisling experience exponential power growth during this quest, which could be critical if any of the Goblin Lords rank up from absorbing another's power, let alone if one ascends to King.

Maybe we can get donations, loans, or discounts from NPCs given that only awoken can resolve this important and pressing crisis.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 1, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That’s a good point. Changing my vote to

malbogio posted:

B
Storm’s Eye

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

There's a curse sure but maybe we give Yorda our ring to use and she'd be better than Tyler even with the curse. We don't know how drastic the curse is just that it saps Str. of NPCs. Also it sounds like we won't be facing that many shamans because they've lost control of the minor hordes

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

If we're collecting Lord Shades off 'Da Gitz,' we gotta break the Shades we already have. We wanna lose the Shades we've collected already?

Also, giving the Ring isn't a valid choice unfortunately.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

We only have two shade slots right now. Pack Skirmish stays as it allows us to greatly increase both the travel speed and ambush potential of the strike team. That benefit alone is massive. If buffs count towards contribution credit then that alone could be decisive in getting Aisling the top contributor award.

The inferior shaman shade should be put into a piece of gear we don't care about then immediately removed and destroyed so we can cycle that shade slot for shadesmithing xp. It appears the only way to improve shadesmithing is to collect and/or install shades and we can't do that if we aren't willing to cycle one of the available slots. Holding onto an inferior shade isn't worth stalling our level of shadesmithing advancement, especially as we really need more slots available so we can save as many Goblin Lord shades as possible while still having a slot free to cycle for xp.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Also, giving the Ring isn't a valid choice unfortunately.

Is there a game mechanic that says we can't loan equipment? We let others hold our gear, I guess that'd be the equivalent of inspection.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Ardent, A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Slaan posted:

Only one way to find out :black101:

Arcanuse posted:

-Going to need to rally the players still bumming around town.

quote:

The lords are empowered by their clan's belief, creating their blessed leaders, far stronger than any other goblin.
For each lord defeated by another, they shall gain power over their clan - and the empowerment of their people.
Try and see if we can use the games mechanics to our advantage to get some goblin clans on our side to fight the other goblin clans.

Use our magic to cause a big bang near us that everyone can hear to get everyone's attention in the middle of the market. Morph into a goblin in front of everyone.

"I am Aisling the Awoken Champion and through your belief, the Goblin Lord of Atra. I have defeated a goblin shaman and can become Atra's protector."

Hold up Goblin ring

"Believe in me. The shamans are weakening us all. Lend me your energy. Lend me your belief. All of you are my clan. Help me kill the Goblin Lords and I will command the goblin armies to leave us in peace. Atra will be saved. For the Mother Tree!"

Brandish Pride

Have all of our friends start hooting and hollering in random places in the market. Have them give over the top testimonials after we coach them through the whisper ability

Darra shouts: "Goblin Lord Aisling brought me out of my fishing stand here in the marketplace and into battle against a hundred goblins. Her might and cunning resulted in 84 dead goblins and her spear destroyed their Shaman. THE FIRST AWOKEN TO DEFEAT A SHAMAN! I believe in Goblin Lord Aisling!"

SKS: "The story is true. The captains aide informed us of Goblin Lord Aisling's most honorable exploits. I believe in Goblin Lord Aisling."

Talliah: "Goblin Lord Aisling cares about all of us. She brought us (refferring to Sabbie) out of the alleys and helped feed us and give us lodging. She has shown mercy to us when no one else would. We believe in Goblin Lord Aisling!

Destroyah: "You strangers convinced me! I believe in Goblin Lord Aisling!

Suz: "I believe in Goblin Lord Aisling!"

Tyler: "I believe in Goblin Lord Aisling!"

Dukke: "I believe in Goblin Lord Aisling."

Charrin: "I believe in Goblin Lord Aisling."

Have some bribed depressed awoken begging stand up and say I believe in Goblin Lord Aisling (in exchange for us previously have giving them food/money to say the line as loud as they can) then pay them again later

Hope that our racket has caught Cailu and Yorda's attention and they get what we are doing and join in and hope other PCs and NPCs try and join in as well

Build that belief up and truly become a goblin lord.

Arcanuse posted:

-Going to need to arm and armor these chumps. More quality the better of course, but unarmed players aren't going to be of much help against the goblins.
According to Yorda we just need to give them some solid shin guards. Yorda also seems to have a lot of spare axes. I wonder if she would let us borrow/rent some.

Arcanuse posted:

-Fortifications! Walls to block the goblins, good spots to pelt them with arrows and the odd bit of magic. That sort of thing.
Talliah and Destroyah are pretty good at construction and could maybe train others to build some walls.

Arcanuse posted:

-Scouting parties: To, y'know. Find where the goblins leaders are at, or if any goblin raiding parties are getting a head start.

Can we ask Shaebi to send some Blood Eater Hornets out as scouts?