Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Lord Garmadon
Jul 17, 2018

Hello

I was thinking that this thread could be interesting to someone for some reason or other perhaps, as people like to ask a number of things, such as about what dreams look like and if heightened sense of smell exists, but it will be more fun for me to answer questions that happen instead of writing a big post, especially if it is not interesting to anyone. My vision is not completely gone in the sense of seeing black how people may think of being blind, but is impaired as to be considered legally blind.

I can say first that I am 28 years old, and I am not a native English-speaker, and I am married to a man.

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Apparently you accidentally auto banned. I uh, donít mean to be indelicate but I gotta admit Iím laughing.

Reopened the thread. Looks like you already bought your account back? Iím going to throw some account goodies your way by means of a ď thanks for coming backĒ. You should have PMs in a bit.

Out of curiosity what reader software are you using? There was a blind poster I used to know in another forum who stopped posting after his reader updated and stopped working with these ancient forums.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

At the end of 2018, a study was published by London Metropolitan University showing that certain bacteria, normally present only in intestinal tracts or feces, were found on McDonald's self-service screens.

Can you describe what Goatse looks like in your mind's eye?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Ok, I snuck onto my admin tools and yeah, OP was still banned. I fixed that. Hopefully he comes back. I'll send him a PM and hope that he catches the email notification.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Unfortunate opening aside, were you born with your current state of visual impairment, or did it deteriorate over time?

Feats of Strength
Feb 9, 2012

Man, If god told me to sacrifice my son I'd tell
him to fuck off.

Practically, how do you view the internet?

Do you use one of those text to sound apps or are you able to see enough to read with certain adjustments?

Is it a tunnel vision type deal? If I could only read a part of the screen i'd probably miss the DON'T USE THESE TAGS message on the left too.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Welcome back, OP

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Slippery Tilde

Hello OP. We have a blind man on the forums who shoots guns, which is as far as I know typically not done by blind people because they can't see what they're shooting at. However this person still enjoys it.

Do you have any hobbies that people would typically associate only with the visually unimpaired?

spankmeister fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 28, 2020

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

How do you perceive colours? Do you have a feeling or base line like "White is cold like snow" or "yellow feels like sunshine"? If so, how do you decide what colours go together and what clashes?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What if, hear me out. What if he can't find his way back to this thread

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Op do you ever worry you could be declared illegally blind and you'll have to go on the run Logan's run style?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

What if, hear me out. What if he can't find his way back to this thread

What is sex like for you?