Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

The Brunhilde from LOGH is one of my favorites. It looks like a space yacht but it fits the Imperial trend of building grandiose warships that prioritize aesthetics.

I also love the Alliance warships like the Hyperion from the same series for their highly contrasting utilitarian appearance. They have a Soviet-style "all business, no frills" attitude to their design, just space bricks with engines and lasers.

Last two images are both fanart by Hideyoshi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

The Drake battlecruiser in EVE is one of my favorite ships, both for its usefulness in-game and its sleek, aggressive styling.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Lighthuggers from the Revelation Space series are kinda awesome. It's a setting without FTL so space travel between systems is done sublight. Lighthuggers are bigass ships with powerful engines that accelerate to .99c and then cruise at just below the speed of light until their turnover point where they begin braking thrust until they reach the destination system. Their general shape and emphasis on speed reminds me of an SR-71.

Nostalgia for Infinity by Zando Zennek.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

The Last Call posted:

Ever wonder what would happen if the Federation and Klingons made a ship together? Well wonder no longer.

She looks pretty drat nice.

Weren't the Klingons behind technologically in most of ST other than cloaking? I got the impression from the series that the only reason they were a serious contender was that their ships were dedicated warships rather than multi-purpose like Starfleet, and even then the best they could achieve was essentially parity. Mostly just wondering what exactly they bring to the table on any sort of collaboration.