Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

rndmnmbr posted:

This is still a sore point with me. Not only did it do one of my favorite alien races dirty, but handing over the entire Asgard tech base to humanity was unnecessary and undermined all the hard work humanity had done to reverse engineer first the goa'uld and later Ancient tech.

I really liked it when their ships used kinetic weapons like rail guns , missiles, and nukes over the energy weapons. It was a nice theme too with having best in class asgard shields with worst in class weapons. The worst was having the ori ships decimate an entire fleet only for the last episode being able to 3v1 them. Also rapid fire rail guns and nukes just look better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Speaking of Stargate ships I'd like to add in the Daedalus. Being originally armed with railguns and missiles it was also cool as all hell. Transporting nukes aboard ships was cool while it lasted as well. Unfortunately when it got upgraded with asgard beams it lost a lot of its cool factor even though it could solo entire fleets on its own for the most part. Its kind of similiar to Galactica with the fighter bays and using ballistic weaponry which is another reason I like it. Basically railguns and missiles can make any ship great.

Stanley Tucheetos fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 28, 2020