Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015
The Stargate space program had the best progression: F-301 is a Death Glider with an AF sticker on the side (including functional Goa'uld anti-tamper units), F-302 is fully functional more-or-less all-human designed space fighter and the F-303 is a huge space battleship/carrier with a crew of hundreds.

Also, the Y-Wing is the best spacefighter. Space Swordfish with space torpedoes to fight space Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

Elukka posted:

They're not quite always in turrets. One variant of the Dauntless has an underslung lance on the prow that looks rather a lot like its mystery tubes:

I think, in all likelihood, the mystery tubes are a miscommunication between artists and game designers. My guess is the artists intended them to be weapons but that aspect was either dropped from game rules or was never there. In John Blanche's cover art of a battlecruiser, a mystery tube is shown firing a shot:

For my own tinkerings with 40k spacesips, on my Dauntless model I'm turning the mystery tubes into further lances, and otherwise I think I'd redesign them to look more like sensors or something.

The Dauntless light cruiser is carries a triple forward firing lance armament, so I'm pretty sure the the other two are the big tubes in the wings. That's what I always assumed, at least.