Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

It might be kind of hokey, but I like the circular engine design from NSEA Protector in Galaxy Quest

Just hope you don't need to get from one engine to the other quickly.

This isn't so much about the outside as it is the inside but I've always liked the Nostalgia for Infinity from the Revelation Space series. I like the idea of a really old spaceship that's just gotten weird over the ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Linux Pirate posted:

It'll be the continuation of Star Wars Detours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSqslieMkcI

Thankfully this never actually saw the light of day.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Culture stuff is getting a TV from Amazon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SlothfulCobra posted:

That's going back too far.

Halo's backstory for humanity in between now and the war with the covenant has some really extreme post-9/11 energy. As I recall, it went that the colony worlds were trying to break from Earth's control, and initially had a lot of public support, but then in their war for independence they did a Terrorism, and thus lost the support of most of humanity and justified the creation of the Spartan program, which made superhumans out of children that were kidnapped by hospitals that faked their deaths to the parents.

It was actually worse than that. They kidnapped children and replaced them with fast grown clone copies but a side effect of the rapid growth was an extremely reduced lifespan. So the parents got the joy of watching their children die from mega-cancer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It has Jared Harris in it but for some reason they redubbed his voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

Here's a goofy ship from the short-lived 70s sitcom Quark.

The lower section opened up to collect "space baggies" of garbage.

Similarly here is the DS-12 "Toy Box" from the manga/anime series Planetes.

The series takes place in the 2070s and follows the crew of the Toy Box who are a space garbage clean up crew. They fly around between the Earth and the Moon picking up all the junk left over from over a hundred years of space flight. It is mostly hard science fiction dealing with stuff like the dangers of cosmic radiation exposure and the importance of actually exercising in microgravity to avoid muscle loss.