Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm a big fan of Red Dwarf's ship of the same name. That bad boy was a massive refining and mining vessel that was as big or small as the plot demanded it be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Don't get your hopes up. It's been stalled for a long time, though. Like since before the rona hit. Long enough that I suspect the IP was bought just to keep competitors from doing anything with it more than making it themselves.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

It's really too bad. I'd love to see a culture show made, too.
I dunno how well it would stay to the original writing or how much would get altered for creative liberties. I'm having a hard time picturing an Amazon series having an anti-capitalist post-scarcity message whenever the protagonists encounter cash anywhere.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I find the whole Earth turns into another empire just at an interstellar level schtick sadly realistic. There's some great sci fi stories to be told in that space, as The Expanse series shows, but I can't fault anyone wanting sci fi to be optimistic and being turned off by the grittiness of those settings.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

Why are the side and top windows so huge when theres 0 window in front to even see where youre flying?

You're supposed to only drift in that thing, even at hyperspeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I can live with the idea of a science cruiser but a science destroyer just doesn't sound right.

USS Varsity Football Team: to go where the science nerds went and give em all swirlies.