Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

To love his brother and understand the bond he had with Ellie, then try and shame her into heading back out in the hellworld she escaped just as she found the life she deserved (well, maybe - I had a body count around 200 by then), which he should know that's what Joel would want for her, was ludicrous to me.

He wants revenge for himself, too. He gets dumped by Maria and is clearly distraught about that: he got shot in the face and can hardly walk. He's still up upset about Joel, of course, but he wants Abby to pay for what she did to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Yeah like I said he has his motivations, but the disregard for Ellie's well-being is what I find unbelievable.

He knows Ellie is the only person he can ask to do this. If Tommy goes up to any Jackson patrol person and says "Hey, can you travel across several states to get revenge for me" they ain't gonna do poo poo.

He has disregard for Ellie's safety because he doesn't give a hoot about anything but his own pain.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

I read it that she had brought the bracelet with her, went back to the farm with it on looking for Dina, found her stuff, realised she didn't need any of it, and left to go back to Jackson.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Honestly I think that's a large part of what pissed off so many people, as someone who finished TLOU:Remastered right before playing TLOU2 - Joel didn't get a chance to go out like a man. He's immediately wiped off the loving board and it's completely humiliating, all due to nothing but, from his perspective, nothing but incredibly unlucky coincidence.

It loving sucks poo poo as a storytelling device.

Joel dies because he's spent years softening. He and Tommy suggest that Abby's group come to Jackson to resupply, so it's not the first time they've encountered groups of strangers on patrol. There's also the patrol logs Ellie reads where they find survivors and bring them back to Jackson instead. Joel's guard is down because that's how he's lived for the last four years.

If you wanna get all grognard about it, he's standing in the middle of the room surrounded by eight to ten soldiers with no weapon in his hands. The gently caress was he going to do?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Sinten posted:

During one of the flashbacks, Tommie mentions that infected migrate in hordes, and end up leaving some stragglers behind in their wake. And Dina says the most she has cleared on patrol is 20, not that that's the most she has seen.

There's also the hotel in that flashback, with the letter at the end from the two runaways saying they didn't make it an hour before they ran into a horde and both got bit. There's also numerous hordes in Seattle you run away from because you can't fight them all.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

In It For The Tank posted:

There are dozens of ways to get to the same outcome (Joel crippled, Tommy unconcious) and they chose one of the most bizarrely contrived ones.

I didn't find it contrived at all. They just escaped a massive horde, found themselves in the company of a large group of armed people and tried their best to be friendly, as opposed to backing into a corner pointing a gun at the entire group.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i think the best made game of all time doesn't have a 2 hour epilogue where the gameplay designer thought "gently caress it, you can have a silenced submachine gun to make the gameplay null and void" because it knows it's well overstayed its welcome but what do i know

How does having a silenced SMG make the gameplay null and void? It's useful, the same way the crafted silencers are useful, sure, but it burns through ammo very quickly. It's a fun thing or bust out in NG+ for sure, but it's not a win button.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Zongerian posted:

You can save a lot of time by reading the plot summaries of movies on imdb instead of watching them

A computer hacker learns from mysterious rebels about the true nature of his reality and his role in the war against its controllers.

Congrats, you just saw The Matrix. Its exactly the same as watching it. My favourite part was when the camera spun around the lady who was kickin' the cop dude.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Ellie sees all WLF members as complicit and finds evidence of their corruption the deeper into Seattle she goes

There's also the fact that the WLF introduce themselves by blowing up Ellie, Dina and Shimmer, shooting the latter in the head and capturing the first, and they get orders to kill all trespassers. Ellie also gets introduced to the Scars with an arrow to the shoulder. She has no reason to think of WLF or Scar as anything but someone who wants to kill her.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Oh YEAH! I distinctly remember creeping around as Abby completely terrified and spamming listening mode like "Wtf why is this so familiar it's like... OH MY GOD that's GROSS". An awesome moment for fans of the first game.

I was honestly expecting a fight like that with Tommy when you end up in the restaurant after you... split from Manny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I think the last story driven games I played that had meaningful gay rep were life is strange, gone home, left behind... and yeah all of these were lesbian relationships. Haven’t played DA:I though. More importantly these games are old af and it makes me sad I can’t think of anything more recent.

Life Is Strange: 2015
Gone Home: 2013
Left Behind: DLC add on to TLOU, 2014

Those games are, indeed, old as f. I'm not sure you could say any of them are anywhere as AAA as TLOU2, honestly, in terms of people playing or having even heard of them.