Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Just to be clear everyone getting worked up over the spoilers played the first game right? The game where the opening protag is a little girl who gets killed minutes later, the post apocalyptic mp game that will sell you "execution dlc". I have sympathy for the LGBTQ portrayal but still wanna hold out for the whole picture a lot of people are playing telephone. IMO this just seems par the course for edgy pretentious poo poo they're gonna have to up the edge somehow most of these beats were pretty evident since they started showing the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Naught Dog might be the only devs brave enough to tackle issues of pedophilia and female circumcision in a triple a video game

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Oxxidation posted:

tlou: the painful
tlou2: the joyful

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Jimbot posted:

Maybe Rockstar should include that horrible scene from the horrible film Bone Tomahawk in their promotional material for RDR3.

I mean other than the director being a nazi and making terrible nazi movies afterwards that movie had a pretty positive reception even around here. I'd say Kurt Russell performance still makes the movie worth watching

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Jimbot posted:

Eh. I'll agree that the performances were extremely good but it's still a really racist film.

This is really fair I have a serious case of contrarian poisoning. Please don't give money or watch nazi movies.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Firstborn posted:

People retroactively making GBS threads on the first game itt could chill a little bit. You're really cool for not caring about TLOU, ok? I kind of hope the leaks are fake or an early draft to throw off people. It sounds really mean spirited.
Uncharted 4 is fantastic, by the way. It's real odd how everyone is so quick to dismiss the other stuff this dude worked on.

E: I'm kind of reeling how sophomoric these reveals are when there is some actual heart in those two other games despite people coming out of the woodwork to explain how shallow and awful they were.
E2: I have not heard the "i'd rather watch a movie than this long cutscene" since probably MGS4, so this isn't without entertainment

Would you say the original game is the citizen kane of video games?

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Andromeda was outsider art masquerading as a triple a game, easily the best mass effect game in the series

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Stux posted:

agreed its nothing like movies a far better art form, i particularly like the themes and messaging in marvéls seminal work "ant man and the wasp"

I mean tbf a lot of Gamers in this very thread are still grappling with the concept that a protagonist has to be a good guy

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
This thread owns

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Did anyone confirm if abby is trans or was that just a rumor

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
I think a lot of problems you run into with super pessimistic media is that they have terrible tone. A little bit of levity or even black humor goes a long way. We know this game isn't going to just be a corridor shooter they are gonna give you time the characters and all the spoilers really just make me think they've been reading blood meridian and the road while watching live leak war footage the last half decade. I think the original red dead redemption which is an incredibly cynical and pessimistic game while also being pointlessly edgy (one of the only triple A games that has rape in the narrative) has way better tone and handles all the story beats anlot better than tlou.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

SIGSEGV posted:

IIRC, the dead space team looked at car crashes independently to get design ideas for how to make not quite human anymore shapes that were all hosed up, for their hosed up horror monsters, not to get exactly the color of freshly exposed guts. The death scenes are gory, but they are still white sticks coming out of red chunks, there aren't any lovingly rendered intestines coiling around.

They still ate poo poo when it came to crunch time though. Although they did cut stuff instead of overdoing it, IIRC.

And the modern MK are pretty unpleasant to watch.

One of the devs that worked on mk11 got ptsd from looking at nasty poo poo during crunch cool industry

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Jacked video game women is to gamers what skull measurements are to nazis

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Turns out the the sequel to a over hyped bad ~~artistic game is still an over hyped and bad ~~artistic game. Also lmao at all the goons contorting themselves into pretzels because lovely people also correctly point out this game is dog poo poo. How many of y'all are voting for biden lmao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Beat me to it thanks bud. Seriously why aren't are you eli roth stans playing your transcendent genre defining work of art? I can't wait for it to be 2025 when we can have an honest discussion about this game