Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Azs3S2erk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Fury Road was exceptional thanks in part to it's thriftiness and economy: can we just have the whole thing take place in a vast featureless desert? How few lines can we have Max say? How can we do this effect practically?

For better or worse, AAA games really don't work that way, and TLOU 2 especially doesn't make any attempts to change that. As with the standard-bearers, there's a bunch of padding with collectibles and underwritten characters--not to mention plenty of acquiesenses for making the moment-to-moment gameplay more palatable.

TLOU 2 is fine, even good, for what it is. We'd be having this same conversation about God of War if it came out today. People just want something new.