Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Tactical realism in guitars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

She realised she wasnt seeking vengence but was angry at not reconciling with joel and lashing out its p obvious

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Stormgale posted:

The building shape was wierd but the fireflies on the radio were legit, why they asked about who was boss

They asked for info, but never provided anything - its definitely possible that the radio call was fake. I was listening for that during the call.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

stev posted:

I think it gets very murky when you're talking about the story. The second a publisher starts saying 'the reviewer interpreted this art incorrectly and should change it' we're in very dodgy territory - even if they're technically correct in this instance (the best kind of correct).

It just feels like a line that shouldn't be crossed. If I were a reviewer and someone demanded that I amend my incorrect conclusions about a story I'd be very wary of having anything to do with them in future.

If my review of the first Avengers film says that the heroes dont team up in it because i stopped watching part way through, itd be a lovely review. Even if I put that review out during an embargo itd still be a lovely review becauss it got story beats wrong.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Marlene deciding to shoot joel in the back and it not working would be an absolute contrivance

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

So I did my best to not start a ton of fights with the WLF and the medical center was still packed full when I swapped to Abby. Does it change if you go completely non-violent? Because I definitely did lure zombies to them whenever I could.

Can you do it often? Because i can only think of the subway bit, the hospital basement and the epilogue, are there other times you can get multi party fights?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Dina does it for sure, i think i've seen it happen at the gas station fight maybe which would mean either mel or manny

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

I mean... they probably didn't make a 3d rendered art asset then include in the game by falling onto their keyboards

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

The first trailer had joel edited into scenes that jesse is in later so there were deliberate misconceptions about the plot - it def looked pike dina was gonna bite it early (i was expecting Dina to die until i got back to the title screen at the end of the game)

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Theres not that many in the whole game, if you've passed the first one or two dog encounters you're probably past most of them really

Though theres at least one plot mandated kill the dog

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

The game does also heavily imply that abby wasnt a great person anyway before the game started, we're only seeing the redemption arc and not her pre that arc

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

snoremac posted:

This far in I'm struggling to care that Ellie killed any of these people. They all suck except the Scar kids.

I felt the same. I got what the narrative was trying to do but it didnt quite work for me

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Letting go of the assumption that the game is just trying to "make you feel bad" about anything you do in it is step one in appreciating it.

I like the game a lot, i just dont feel it quite managed to do what it wanted to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

No one seems to understand that you can just lie to people. Just tell Ellie she's in some horribly overrun zombie area they haven't cleared out.

Shes explicitly going to get owen and mel to answer seperately so she can corroborate their answers - the same as she mentions in the hotel d1 (and joel does in winter TLOU1)